• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

ElTopo

Banned
Put about an hour and a half into it. So far, HUGE improvement over the 2nd DLC. Made it to a boss and died, would try again but I need to leave for a job interview.

Only complaint would be that most of the enemies seem like rehashes of the the grunts from the 1st DLC only their covered in Ice/Crystals. They have pretty much the same pattern too.

A little disappointed there but the 1st boss? Man, pretty hype over him. He's GGGGGRRRRRREEEEEAAAAATTTTTTT!

NEO0MJ

Been playing it as well. Still haven't reached the first boss, though.
The area is really huge and pretty maze-like. I guess this is for those who felt the level design was too linear.

Braag

Man, GeDoSaTo's SSAO does not look great in this DLC... It's kinda like the foggy part of the forest only everywhere.

That's why I rather use the in game SSAO cause at times the GeDoSaTo's SSAO looks terrible, it has the same problem Nvidia's forced HBAO+ has where it looks terrible in foggy/misty areas.

JustinBB7

I'm at the first boss (or at least my first boss)

I read a sign infront of the fog and now I understand what it meant.. lmao

I got summoned into somebodys world who didn't have the eye of the priestess, invisable boss! Wish I could tell him somehow

Braag

Anyone know what's the purpose of those white hooded dudes, I see them all around the place... Do I need to kill them?
I'm afraid of attacking people at random.

ElTopo

Banned
Spoiler for those white dudes
I've tried aggro'ng them and nothing. I've noticed no difference running by them. I've attacked them and they still don't do anything. So... Glitch maybe? I'm guessing they're there for lore purposes.

Uzzy

So yeah, just got to the
Ivory King
bossfight, and holy shit that's tough. You first
have to fight 8 or more charred knights, before the boss even comes in.

Going to look for ways to make it easier now.

Anyone know what's the purpose of those white hooded dudes, I see them all around the place... Do I need to kill them?
I'm afraid of attacking people at random.

Once you remove the winds from the area, by talking to the NPC after the Aava bossfight, they become active and attack.

Sure or buff some weapons you wanna try that use titanite.

All the weapons and gear i use are at max. I got so much titanite of all kind it's ridiculous.
I shouldn't have help all these people with smelter 2.0, too much souls :/

I can go to lvl186, i think that's overkill and will make things too easy.

Just beat the first boss on my second try!

That jumping attack is super easy to dodge, I just rolled into Tigger and did the ultra greatsword rolling attack into a regular r1 for a good ~900 damage each time. I killed him just as he spawned a few homing crystal soul spears and they fired at me after the boss was dead! Cheap shot!

JustinBB7

So yeah, just got to the
Ivory King
bossfight, and holy shit that's tough. You first
have to fight 8 or more charred knights, before the boss even comes in.

Going to look for ways to make it easier now.

I'm here now too, fucking impossible on NG++

Do you know if
you kill the extra assholes during the boss fight, if they stay dead and it's 1vs1 after that, or do they keep spawning? This seems way too hard to do solo

Dascu

Played a bit of the new DLC, got a key item, and tried the boss. Looks pretty cool! And the level design is very maze-like so far. I feel like there's a lot of paths I haven't explored yet.

Uzzy

I'm here now too, fucking impossible on NG++

Do you know if
you kill the extra assholes during the boss fight, if they stay dead and it's 1vs1 after that, or do they keep spawning? This seems way too hard to do solo

Don't know,
I never killed the adds during my two attempts at the boss fight.
I'm currently looking around the rest of the map, seeing if there's something I've missed.

Just got to the Ancient Dragon and got this item to interact with the giants. But I keep dying everytime because there's a fucking war going on and there's smoke everywhere. What the hell's going on?

NEO0MJ

So, the weapon crafted from the soul of the first boss in the DLC is a
lightsaber. Functions mostly like a straight sword, though it has a unique two handed strong attack. Doesn't scale with any stat, and loses durability with every attack, even if you don't hit anything.

How do you guys usually approach a boss? Hanging back and observing his/her moves first or do you just go in guns blazing?

I usually try to study them, but that doesn't mean I don't attack them.

Ruuppa

So, the weapon crafted from the soul of the first boss in the DLC is a
lightsaber. Functions mostly like a straight sword, though it has a unique two handed strong attack. Doesn't scale with any stat, and loses durability with every attack, even if you don't hit anything.

I liked that boss. It's one "pet" that I could imagine being a cuddly-wuddly cute on at some time. Pretty easy though.

That description makes me shiver thought.
Seven beasts? So six more to go.

Braag

Hell I can't even beat the first boss... got it down to like 15% health couple of times but damn... I don't seem to be doing much damage against it...

This... this invader... this fucking NPC invader...

white ring wearing backstabbing infinite tracking lance wielding taunting healing sprinting FUCKER

JustinBB7

Don't know,
I never killed the adds during my two attempts at the boss fight.
I'm currently looking around the rest of the map, seeing if there's something I've missed.

Think I just found something! Keep looking around all places that had locked doors/ice and explore more.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
You guys playing Ivory King, how are the boss soundtracks? Sakuraba's been killing it with the soundtrack for the DLC's. Sinh and Sir Alonne have the best damn boss tracks in the series.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You guys playing Ivory King, how are the boss soundtracks? Sakuraba's been killing it with the soundtrack for the DLC's. Sinh and Sir Alonne have the best damn boss tracks in the series.

Hard to hear the first boss's track over the environmental noise. I liked what I did hear.

Also I'm super mad the Smelter Soul now makes another item. I used both on Smelter Swords cause I figured why not?

neoism

Put about an hour and a half into it. So far, HUGE improvement over the 2nd DLC. Made it to a boss and died, would try again but I need to leave for a job interview.

Only complaint would be that most of the enemies seem like rehashes of the the grunts from the 1st DLC only their covered in Ice/Crystals. They have pretty much the same pattern too.

A little disappointed there but the 1st boss? Man, pretty hype over him. He's GGGGGRRRRRREEEEEAAAAATTTTTTT!

what WHAT you can play it now I thought it was coming tomorrow :O
Yep, DLC3 is up and running on PC.
8zxSz38ADe-2.png

v1perz53

God damn it, I left Steam on offline mode overnight by accident so it didn't download the DLC! Downloading now, god damn 4G WiMax 1 Mbps internet gonna take a while...

Dascu

This... this invader... this fucking NPC invader...

white ring wearing backstabbing infinite tracking lance wielding taunting healing sprinting FUCKER

Ugh, just reached this guy and ran away, through a bunch of caves and saw an old familiar creature's snow version.

What's the closest bonfire? Since I apparently can't get up from the 2nd one, I have to run all the way out there from the 1st bonfire?

Also: Fuck those
ice hedgehogs

JustinBB7

Ugh, just reached this guy and ran away, through a bunch of caves and saw an old familiar creature's snow version.

What's the closest bonfire? Since I apparently can't get up from the 2nd one, I have to run all the way out there from the 1st bonfire?

Also: Fuck those
ice hedgehogs

I'm doing it on NG++

There's even more of those fucking
ice hedgehogs, fucking lame as shit

Hagi

Fuck sake my save is corrupt and i forgot to back up. :(

Is there a way to like share someones save so i don't have to restart for the fifteenth time? I don't want to resort to any of that icky cheat engine bullshit just because i'm lazy and want to skip to Black Gulch. I just want to be able to play through all the DLC now the final one is released.

spoiler-ish webbum of an NPC invader doing my head in...

http://a.pomf.se/drbhwy. webm

Roll cancel into reverse 180 no-scope with a nice over the shoulder soul spear to finish me off. Not even the Blue Tearstone Ring could save me ;-;

Thankfully they're dead now! Good riddance!

Ruuppa

Goddamn the
Reindeerland with snowstorms
was HARD. I had to summon NPCs to complete it, and even then it took two tries. The boss there is no joke, but the gauntlet to it is even worse than Iron Passage.

Top Bottom