• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

SoldnerKei

Goddamn the
Reindeerland with snowstorms
was HARD. I had to summon NPCs to complete it, and even then it took two tries. The boss there is no joke, but the gauntlet to it is even worse than Iron Passage.

*screams internally*

oh well, hopefully you can rush throu right?
I suppose it will be up tomorrow for PS3, so far I am really liking what you have posted guys, I really want that
lightsaber
lol... also, any gear worth of fashion souls yet?

Ruuppa

*screams internally*

oh well, hopefully you can rush throu right?
I suppose it will be up tomorrow for PS3, so far I am really liking what you have posted guys, I really want that
lightsaber
lol... also, any gear worth of fashion souls yet?

You can rush through, but there are enemies in there that will catch up with you really quick. And they do tons of damage too.

JustinBB7

Where the fuck do I go in
the fucking snow mist area, seems you have to run for 20 minutes to get to the end, do I have to beat the chaos boss first?

neoism

Just beat the first boss on my second try!

That jumping attack is super easy to dodge, I just rolled into Tigger and did the ultra greatsword rolling attack into a regular r1 for a good ~900 damage each time. I killed him just as he spawned a few homing crystal soul spears and they fired at me after the boss was dead! Cheap shot!

ummm is is the boss suppose to be fucking
INVISIBLE !

?

Ruuppa

The DLC is end game so you are good to go to finish the game

Wise words. Ivory King is about two times as hard as the basegame. Three times for one particular area.

Edit: Holy crap, if you powerstance the two Smelter swords, they have a powerful explosion attack.

Uzzy

Think I just found something! Keep looking around all places that had locked doors/ice and explore more.

After taking a bit of a break, I finally got past
the invader Donna, and found another knight. I guess there must be four in the DLC.

Ruuppa

The Ivory Crown has a HP regen effect, not sure if it has anything else. The regen is somewhat usable when paired with the life regen ring, but otherwise extremely meh. Still no idea what to do with the crowns after showing them to Vendrick, maybe I have to Ascetic Nashandra and go through the credits again or something..? Hrm.

The Ivory Crown has a HP regen effect, not sure if it has anything else. The regen is somewhat usable when paired with the life regen ring, but otherwise extremely meh. Still no idea what to do with the crowns after showing them to Vendrick, maybe I have to Ascetic Nashandra and go through the credits again or something..? Hrm.

Talk to him then it will tell you the real ending

Ruuppa

Talk to him then it will tell you the real ending

I did talk to him, and it only said
the crowns are heating up, or something to that effect. Are you saying that tiny cutscene where my PC lifts the crown in the air is the real ending? If so, that's bullshit of the highest order.

I did talk to him, and it only said
the crowns are heating up, or something to that effect. Are you saying that tiny cutscene where my PC lifts the crown in the air is the real ending? If so, that's bullshit of the highest order.

Well, gotta sell Dark Souls 3 somehow.

ElTopo

Banned
Okay, beat the first boss
Tony the Tiger. Good boss fight, took me about 8 attempts. Only really annoying thing is that sometimes you just stop targeting him for no reason, and that always seems to happen just before he does a claw swipe. Checked out the chaos realm and got my ass kicked, and decided to explore the rest of the zone before venturing back. Figured out that gimmick which was interesting. Encountered the killer bunnies aka Wheel Skeletons 2.0.

Yeah, so far this DLC is kicking ass.

neoism

well made it to the third bonfire really nice dlc but want to take may sweet time with it.. cant seem to get a sweetfx setting I like though :( bloom seems to make everything WAAAY to white/bright.

I could be playing the DLC right now! This is what I get for trying to conserve energy by turning my PC off when I sleep ;~;.

Now I must bid farewell to this thread until I finish the DLC, since I find anything relating to the DLC as a spoiler...full blind playthrough AHOY!

JustinBB7

Not seen any bonfire, so you've got to do it in one run. It's hell.

From the start, look to your left and go towards the graveyard (to grab a very useful NPC), then go to each building you see.

How hard is the boss?

This might be the only boss I won't get I think, it's too hard to even get close there. Let alone fight a boss at the end. I've done every boss in both dark souls games solo and on NG++ I can't even reach this one..

Arjen

What's up guys, got back into the game after a long break because it was a bit disappointing compared to the first. Tackled the first DC which I really liked, except that gang bang trio, don't care for tons of mobs just to amp up the difficulty. Is the second DC just as good?

Uzzy

How hard is the boss?

This might be the only boss I won't get I think, it's too hard to even get close there. Let alone fight a boss at the end. I've done every boss in both dark souls games solo and on NG++ I can't even reach this one..

Well, I just got there a second time and got destroyed again.
He brings a friend.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Worse,
an area where you can only see 1/4th of the time. There's a blizzard going on.

You get two nifty boss-souls and a useless ring from there.

Follow the landmarks when the storm breaks. Try to get to each landmark as fast as possible, otherwise the reindeer will getcha.

Not seen any bonfire, so you've got to do it in one run. It's hell.

From the start, look to your left and go towards the graveyard (to grab a very useful NPC), then go to each building you see.

Thanks, but i meant how do I reach this outskirts blizzard area ^^

Mistel

Banned
What's up guys, got back into the game after a long break because it was a bit disappointing compared to the first. Tackled the first DC which I really liked, except that gang bang trio, don't care for tons of mobs just to amp up the difficulty. Is the second DC just as good?
It's got some encounters where it's a bit clustered but other than it the environment and enemies are interesting. Some decent stuff too weapons wise much more so than the first.

All this Ivory King hype! Gotta get some work and homework done, and then my Greatsword wielding Guts' cosplay is ready to take on the snow.

Sullichin

Surprisingly just not really in the mood to play the new DLC, but of course I'll try it out when I get home. Impressions seem pretty positive so far.

Top Bottom