• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Ruuppa

Thanks, but i meant how do I reach this outskirts blizzard area ^^

Oh, um.
You need to grab the key from the cave with the Flexile Sentries, the one which needs you to light 4 torches to open. Once you've got that, go to where you first meet Rampart Golems (the knights with the big shields), and hang a left when you get to the outer wall. There's a door with a bonfire behind it there, and a casket that leads you to Outskirts.
Welp I give up, I can't do it. It's way too hard.

Sprint like a motherlover towards the closest landmark when the blizzard clears. The reindeer only spawn during the blizzard, and don't spawn at all near the ruined buildings. If you stay and fight them in the open, there's a huge chance that more of them will spawn to harass you. Speed is the key for that area.

JustinBB7

Oh, um.
You need to grab the key from the cave with the Flexile Sentries, the one which needs you to light 4 torches to open. Once you've got that, go to where you first meet Rampart Golems (the knights with the big shields), and hang a left when you get to the outer wall. There's a door with a bonfire behind it there, and a casket that leads you to Outskirts.

Sprint like a motherlover towards the closest landmark when the blizzard clears. The reindeer only spawn during the blizzard, and don't spawn at all near the ruined buildings. If you stay and fight them in the open, there's a huge chance that more of them will spawn to harass you. Speed is the key for that area.

That's what I've been trying. I made it to the second building but there are too many after that. Maybe I should try naked or something.

@Wreck

a questions for anybody who is playing early

did anybody
get the Majula event item yet? (Majula basement will be a reskinned Longsword! It will match up wiith your Moonlight Greatsword rather well)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Oh, um.

Ah, sorry. No, you need to reach the 5th bonfire, then jump in the coffin there.

Thanks, just entered the area and HOLY SHIT this is a whole new level of hard.

Ruuppa

That's what I've been trying. I made it to the second building but there are too many after that. Maybe I should try naked or something.

You should murder the hell out of them at each landmark, stop them from building up. Going naked could help a lot, like with the Iron Passage shortcuts. You'll still aggro at least one per trip, but it shouldn't be overwhelming. Just keep running, even through the blizzard. If you grab some NPCs, they could be really idiotic and stay and fight, prompting more spawns though.. And you really do want some help for the boss, because reasons.
Anyone find any illusory doors
or ladders

Found two.
One in the Flexile Sentry cave that leads to the kung-fu fist, and another in the area of the 3rd bonfire, near a body that has Flame Butterflies on it.

You can see the invisible ladders once you get the key item that allows you to see the first boss.

Is it any good? I still haven't finished the second one and will probably just skip it and go straight to the last one and download the 101kb key or whatever you need to do when I can be bothered.

I was super disappointed with the second DLC after reading it was better than the first (which was also very dull). DS2 is weird for me at this point, I'm still playing it, but I also acknowledge there's lots I don't enjoy. I still like to make new characters and do low-level runs but I end up feeling boxed in in a way I never did in the previous two games, like I kind of have to level up to progress which I never felt in the other two. I definately feel they built this game from a different perspective than the other two - it wears the skin, but it doesn't embody Souls to me. Sorry for the mini-rant, I know you've heard it all before.

ElTopo

Banned
Follow the landmarks when the storm breaks. Try to get to each landmark as fast as possible, otherwise the reindeer will getcha.

What path do you take to get there?
I made it as far as the Covetous Demon reskin and thought I had fully explored all the areas.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
So I got the Ivory Crown and visited Vendrick,
Bonfired Nashandra,
then sat on the throne with Vendrik's Crown
AND
nothing new happened (the ending was the same)

Am I missing something?
I feel very sad (emotionally, because of the story), since the game ending didn't change after all the trouble my character went through.

Only thing remaining is the CooP boss in the Ivory King DLC and getting certain items.

Dascu

I made it as far as the Covetous Demon reskin and thought I had fully explored all the areas.

Run from the first bonfire to the second, but explore the buildings before you drop down to that second one. There's a cave there, with some old familiar foes and a key to unlock a door, further ahead.

Ruuppa

Run from the first bonfire to the second, but explore the buildings before you drop down to that second one. There's a cave there, with some old familiar foes and a key to unlock a door, further ahead.

Otherwise right, but you start from the second bonfire, and head towards the third.

Edit: No! Wait! I'm wrong. And stupid. Mostly wrong. Yeah, go from the first towards the second. D'oh. The door you need to open is between the second and the third though.

Bonfired Nashandra,
AND

Am I missing something?
I feel very sad (emotionally, because of the story), since the game ending didn't change after all the trouble my character went through.

Only thing remaining is the CooP boss in the Ivory King DLC and getting certain items.

Its supposed Vendrik was about to tell you the true core of the Soul (human souls) when you get the three crowns.

Ruuppa

Bonfired Nashandra,
AND

Am I missing something?

Yeah, nothing happened for me either. I've been running around areas, checking if anything has changed but no dice.

The outskirts area.

esq-sweat-and-tears-0310-lg.jpg

I guess it's the coop zone for this dlc.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Found two.
One in the Flexile Sentry cave that leads to the kung-fu fist, and another in the area of the 3rd bonfire, near a body that has Flame Butterflies on it.

You can see the invisible ladders once you get the key item that allows you to see the first boss.

Where is this area? the one
which needs lighting 4 torches..

Edit: @Ruupa thanks, I got it.

Ruuppa

Did you notice if the
two bosses in the Frigid Outskirts were weak to anything?

Fire, maybe? They do have a really annoying power-up though:
They gain extra damage and friggin' REGENERATION. Not sure if they can both activate it, or whether it only comes to play when one is dead.

I can give one tip for them tho': Wear a Bracing Knuckle Ring +2. Or have tons of Repair Powder. Hitting them seems to degrade your weapon at a higher speed than normal.
OH MY GOD, the
Bone Fist
moveset
Powerstance it with a Caestus on your left hand :D

LOL! I love how creative From is getting with NPC invaders.
Get invaded go around looking for this guy so I go up a couple sets of stairs and get to just an empty area with a chest and a drop down. Then suddenly I see a barrel move, before I could react BOOM BACKSTAB! He then does the duel bow ha! I'm 100 sure it's NPC due to the fact that I'm offline :p./SPOILER]

Ruuppa

LOL! I love how creative From is getting with NPC invaders.
Get invaded go around looking for this guy so I go up a couple sets of stairs and get to just an empty area with a chest and a drop down. Then suddenly I see a barrel move, before I could react BOOM BACKSTAB! He then does the duel bow ha! I'm 100 sure it's NPC due to the fact that I'm offline :p.

Wait until you get to an old friend from the Iron King DLC. He's gonna be fun if you don't murder his face right off. He's so sneaky he doesn't even get a "Dark Spirit has invaded!" -message.
Someone please tell me there is a gauntlet before a boss!?
Only for the optional one. And it's really, really hard.

AHA-Lambda

2 questions please:

1)
who are these white phantom knights I see occasionally? They don't do anything. One followed me as I was fighting some enemies, and then I pulled a lever opening a big gate and when I did that he backstabbed me and insta killed me

WTF?

2)
how many of these Eleum Loyce Knights do I need? I have 3 out of 4 but can't find the last? I heard someone say 3 is ok, this true? Is there any benefit to having all 4?

neoism

played another few hours it really looks better once you
talk to the lady that makes all the shitty whiteness go away.. <3 but man the first BOSS I had two homies helping me and we barely got it lol. soo awesome killing a boss first try.
So in that room right after the boss were you talk to the women is the sunlight coming through the windows look weird for anyone else??? its like they didnt make the texture right or something shrug....
Also WTF did they up the durability or something my sun sword its like dun in 15 or so hits.. :/ it didn't seem that bad before this. I've had to use waay more repair powers.. Also why does all the DLC weapons seems soo shity.. O_O
I swear that new twin-blade
looks fucking dope as fuck but its literally terrible :(

Ruuppa

Is there something special about the
Old Bell Helm and the Vessel Shield?

Not sure about the Old Bell Helm, but the Vessel Shield boosts quite a few of your stats.
2 questions please:

1)
who are these white phantom knights I see occasionally? They don't do anything. One followed me as I was fighting some enemies, and then I pulled a lever opening a big gate and when I did that he backstabbed me and insta killed me

WTF?

2)
how many of these Eleum Loyce Knights do I need? I have 3 out of 4 but can't find the last? I heard someone say 3 is ok, this true? Is there any benefit to having all 4?

He's an old "friend" from the Iron King DLC. He's a jolly old bastard, so kill him on sight.
You don't need any if you're HARDCORE TO THE MAX, but 3 is ok since that way they can seal all the enemy portals. 4 is better, since they're free allies.
played another few hours it really looks better once you
talk to the lady that makes all the shitty whiteness go away.. <3 but man the first BOSS I had two homies helping me and we barely got it lol. soo awesome killing a boss first try.
So in that room right after the boss were you talk to the women is the sunlight coming through the windows look weird for anyone else??? its like they didnt make the texture right or something shrug....
Also WTF did they up the durability or something my sun sword its like dun in 15 or so hits.. :/ it didn't seem that bad before this. I've had to use waay more repair powers.. Also why does all the DLC weapons seems soo shity.. O_O
I swear that new twin-blade
looks fucking dope as fuck but its literally terrible :(

Yeah I noticed the durability going down like crazy. Wonder what they did, and more importantly: Why?

neoism

a questions for anybody who is playing early

did anybody
get the Majula event item yet? (Majula basement will be a reskinned Longsword! It will match up wiith your Moonlight Greatsword rather well)

fuck I forgot to check everyteem lol storm did say it was the 30th so not sure...

AHA-Lambda

He's an old "friend" from the Iron King DLC. He's a jolly old bastard, so kill him on sight.

I don't even remember him o_O

2. You don't need any if you're HARDCORE TO THE MAX, but 3 is ok since that way they can seal all the enemy portals. 4 is better, since they're free allies.

If I die (almost certainly) at the last boss do I need to face the onlsaught of enemies again then if they've already sealed the portals first time around? Does the 4th spare knight help in the boss fight?

Ruuppa

I don't even remember him o_O

If I die (almost certainly) at the last boss do I need to face the onlsaught of enemies again then if they've already sealed the portals?

He invades you in the tower you get the Majestic Greatsword from. And runs into the curse area to heal. Fun guy!

They'll need to reseal the portals, I would think. I might be wrong about that, I did him in one.

ElTopo

Banned
Okay. the path I was looking for was kind of hidden in plain sight. My bad.

But man, fuck those horses... Seriously, it's a really cool visual but it's way too frustrating in how many times you fight them.

What is the Pharros Lockstone supposed to do at the 2nd ruined castle in the white fog? I used it and saw no immediate benefits.

VinFTW

Okay. the path I was looking for was kind of hidden in plain sight. My bad.

But man, fuck those horses... Seriously, it's a really cool visual but it's way too frustrating in how many times you fight them.

What is the Pharros Lockstone supposed to do at the 2nd ruined castle in the white fog? I used it and saw no immediate benefits.

Fairly certain the pool of hot water it fills up heals you.

ElTopo

Banned
Fairly certain the pool of hot water it fills up heals you.

Figures.
By the time I got there, I somehow got inside, a horse did not spawn, and killed the Phantom. I was at full health. Pointless.

I think those horses spawn every time after it clears up.

Uzzy

2)

Any hints on where the Knights are? I found one after
Castaway Witch Donna, but haven't found the other two yet.

Top Bottom