• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
Thanks for the answer, I might level my str/dex for the Dragonrider if its worth it, but I just checked the wiki and it only has a INT scaling D, when infused with magic....is it still worth it like that?
That's infused with a magic stone which gives you one on the enchanted path at max D scaling. Enchanted does nothing on weapons that already have magic naturally except give you worse scaling. You want either a normal maxed one or one that is on magic path via a faintstone which has B INT scaling.

That's infused with a magic stone which gives you one on the enchanted path at max D scaling. Enchanted does nothing on weapons that already have magic naturally except give you worse scaling. You want either a normal maxed one or one that is on magic path via a faintstone which has B INT scaling.

Hmmm thanks, I think I will consider this weapon then, thanks :)

Is this Wiki wrong though:

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/dragonrider-s-halberd

Says D scaling with Magic path

Checking the numbers, it may seem like the best path might be raw with an accumulated damage points of 425, vrs 205 of Magic path

Mistel

Banned
Hmmm thanks, I think I will consider this weapon then, thanks :)

Is this Wiki wrong though:

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/dragonrider-s-halberd

Says D scaling with Magic path

Checking the numbers, it may seem like the best path might be raw with an accumulated damage points of 425, vrs 205 of Magic path
No it's right you're reading the scaling wrong for final magic at +5 has C STR, D DEX, and B INT. The enchanted path which has D INT scaling is D STR, E DEX, D INT.

Raw is more for weapons without natural elements or that don't scale well at like a malformed skull or malformed shell, raw or enchanted for a dragonrider halberd is the worst two paths as one does nothing but lower scaling, and raw is a waste on something that does split damage already.

No it's right you're reading the scaling wrong for final magic at +5 has C STR, D DEX, and B INT. The enchanted path which has D INT scaling is D STR, E DEX, D INT.

Raw is more for weapons without natural elements or that don't scale well at like a malformed skull or malformed shell, raw or enchanted for a dragonrider halberd is the worst two paths as one does nothing but lower scaling, and raw is a waste on something that does split damage already.

Ohh I see, I was reading the stat bonus chart wrong but Im still confused about the damage charts for example, I see:

Magic Dragonrider's Halberd +5 225/180/0/0/0, this means a combo of 405 damage right?

While

Raw Dragonrider's Halberd +5 287/138/0/0/0 = 425 damage

Am I missing something? A/B = Physical/Magical damage right? doesnt this make the Raw better? http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/dragonrider-s-halberd

Mistel

Banned
Ohh I see, I was reading the stat bonus chart wrong but Im still confused about the damage charts for example, I see:

Magic Dragonrider's Halberd +5 225/180/0/0/0, this means a combo of 405 damage right?

While

Raw Dragonrider's Halberd +5 287/138/0/0/0 = 425 damage

Am I missing something? A/B = Physical/Magical damage right? doesnt this make the Raw better? http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/dragonrider-s-halberd
That's also another case of reading it wrong as you can't add AR like that, it doesn't work that way as those are the base damage values which do not represent damage after scaling is applied outside of a few exceptions.

287/138 E/E/D scaling for a raw dragon rider halberd at max is even weaker than a max normal one with 250/120 B/C/C due to the scaling which makes it stronger than the raw one even with the bare mininmum of 18/17/6 STR/DEX/INT it's like ~6 AR weaker. Although that doesn't seem like much the difference is much more apparent with a higher INT value even comparing 18/17/50 maxed normal vs. raw where it's a ~10 difference with raw being worse off.

That's slightly idealised ignoring some of the technicalities of halberd usage like the sweet spot thing excreta but you get the idea.

That's also another case of reading it wrong as you can't add AR like that, it doesn't work that way as those are the base damage values which do not represent damage after scaling is applied outside of a few exceptions.

287/138 E/E/D scaling for a raw dragon rider halberd at max is even weaker than a max normal one with 250/120 B/C/C due to the scaling which makes it stronger than the raw one even with the bare mininmum of 18/17/6 STR/DEX/INT it's like ~6 AR weaker. Although that doesn't seem like much the difference is much more apparent with a higher INT value even comparing 18/17/50 maxed normal vs. raw where it's a ~10 difference with raw being worse off.

That's slightly idealised ignoring some of the technicalities of halberd usage like the sweet spot thing excreta but you get the idea.

I guess when looking at those tables, maybe applying some kind of base multiplier based on the INT scaling would be better for a sorcery build with high int.

I think I understand correctly now, thanks

Mistel

Banned
I guess when looking at those tables, maybe applying some kind of base multiplier based on the INT scaling would be better for a sorcery build with high int.

I think I understand correctly now, thanks
Like I said earlier the magic path has just that with its B INT scaling giving it a a higher scaling percentage for your INT which would naturally be high on a INT build.

SoldnerKei

played a DaS I for a bit back a few days, gosh I had a hard time getting use to the framerate. had fun thou, it made me realize how bonfires are so close to each other in DaSII, to the point that you are not even worried to reach one lol

also funny how I got invaded every 15~20 mintus in DaSI and I rarely get invaded in DasII, damn you SM!! oh well, hopefully DaSII gets more active once the patch hits

Not quite sure why the Iron Keep bridge is the hottest PvP site. Wish there was a better meeting area.

Yeah, I'm really sick of the Iron Keep bridge.

From a logistical standpoint, it's a good place for PVP: right next to the bonfire, a decent amount of room on the bridge itself while still maintaining an "arena" feel, and there are no enemies you have to clear out first.

But I'm really tired of the look and oppressive orange of the Iron Keep bridge. There have been a few attempts by people to move PVP interest to other areas, but the Iron Keep bridge still maintains it's spot as the most popular area. Kind of hard to pull people away from it now.

Tarkus

Yeah, I'm really sick of the Iron Keep bridge.

From a logistical standpoint, it's a good place for PVP: right next to the bonfire, a decent amount of room on the bridge itself while still maintaining an "arena" feel, and there are no enemies you have to clear out first.

But I'm really tired of the look and oppressive orange of the Iron Keep bridge. There have been a few attempts by people to move PVP interest to other areas, but the Iron Keep bridge still maintains it's spot as the most popular area. Kind of hard to pull people away from it now.
The Tower Apart at the Lost Bastille seems like it was made for PvP. But no one summons me or invades me there.

Mistel

Banned
Not quite sure why the Iron Keep bridge is the hottest PvP site. Wish there was a better meeting area.
Probably due to the space and the fact the dragon covenant is right around the corner less than a minute makes it more desirable for pvp. You can easily rank up in the dragon covenant thanks to it not exactly sure if that's one of the direct causes but it seems likely. The next most popular are Hedie, drangelic castle, and the bastile off the top of my head.

strafer

we still don't know the release date for Scholar right? Only the update in february?

so how long after can we expect it? Thinking about booting it up again but I feel I wanna wait for the new shit.

Mistel

Banned
we still don't know the release date for Scholar right? Only the update in february?

so how long after can we expect it? Thinking about booting it up again but I feel I wanna wait for the new shit.
Update is February the disc is released like April 7th.

Speevy

Banned
I'm trying to figure out whether there's a framerate issue on my PC or something's weird about the animation.

Has anyone noticed how the spiders appear to move unnaturally n this game? I can't figure out whether my game is dropping frames or if it's poor animation.

I'm trying to figure out whether there's a framerate issue on my PC or something's weird about the animation.

Has anyone noticed how the spiders appear to move unnaturally n this game? I can't figure out whether my game is dropping frames or if it's poor animation.
Ive noticed a few times. They move erratically for me at times, freaks me out, them being spiders are is enough...

Anustart

What's jarring for me is if I hit an enemy with a bow that's far away, specifically when they're far enough away to have reduced animation, if I hit one my game stutters like hell for a half second or so.

Booshka

It seems that most of the enemy animations are sped up due to 60 FPS, it's just more noticeable and jarring with some enemies than it is with others.

Mistel

Banned
Thanks. I've been staying away from the thread until the X1 version comes out so I can kind of start fresh.
I'm pretty sure that either the bugs that aren't mentioned aren't being fixed at all for that update might be in latter update on other hand they might not be fixed at all. All the fixed bugs the patch notes mentioned was a location bug in the menu where it doesn't match where you are, Lucatiel quest bug, and a rouge water bug.

I've maybe put six hours into this game, and it's been so long that I don't remember anything about it.

And now I'd love to do a SL1 runthrough. Keep in mind I'm shit at all Souls games. Is it possible to do and ball bustingly hard?

Mistel

Banned
I'd love to do a SL1 runthrough. Keep in mind I'm shit at all Souls games. Is it possible to do and ball bustingly hard?
It's not hard per se but if you can't dodge you're going to die a hell of a lot. You just grab a mace and upgrade that throughout the game with the right pines and resins for bosses.

Mistel

Banned
And dodging is way harder with low agility.
It is a fair bit harder due to less I frames but a majority of the bosses have quite exploitable movesets that you can use to counteract the limited I frames to an extent, although broken hitboxes will comeback to haunt you. There's other weapons options to that can be used on a SL1 run that can give you a bit more range but they're a bit far off.

Chitown B

I've maybe put six hours into this game, and it's been so long that I don't remember anything about it.

And now I'd love to do a SL1 runthrough. Keep in mind I'm shit at all Souls games. Is it possible to do and ball bustingly hard?

you say you're shit at Souls games, and have barely played this, and you want to now do an SL1 run.

WHY?

Tarkus

I've broken my Third Dragon Ring 4 times in fight clubs. Claymore in the right and Zweihander in the left are vicious when power stanced.

Mistel

Banned
I've broken my Third Dragon Ring 4 times in fight clubs. Claymore in the right and Zweihander in the left are vicious when power stanced.
The way power stance works means that one weapon supersedes another and the higher it is in the order that is the moveset you have. In this case you have the ultra powerstance moveset so the claymore is more of a hindrance than another ultra would be.

As you already meet the requirements you should get another zwei from the spiders in tseldora and powerstance a pair of them it will only be a 4 unit increase in weight and it will improve your damage substantially.

Tarkus

The way power stance works means that one weapon supersedes another and the higher it is in the order that is the moveset you have. In this case you have the ultra powerstance moveset so the claymore is more of a hindrance than another ultra would be.

As you already meet the requirements you should get another zwei from the spiders in tseldora and powerstance a pair of them it will only be a 4 unit increase in weight and it will improve your damage substantially.
I've got 6 of them. Trying Zweihander in dominate hand now.....doesn't seem to work as well.

Tarkus

I can throw an R1-R2-R1 or an R1-R2-R2 much faster when the Zweihander is in the left hand. It's all dependent in the first weapon's attack speed.

Mistel

Banned
I can throw an R1-R2-R1 or an R1-R2-R2 much faster when the Zweihander is in the left hand. It's all dependent in the first weapon's attack speed.
Well that's kind of self explanatory with greatswords having a faster attack speed than the ultras and you're using the singular weapon with R1&R2. The actual powerstance moveset is only the L1&L2 stuff, the R1&R2 is just one handed moveset of the right handed weapon.

Tarkus

Well that's kind of self explanatory with greatswords having a faster attack speed than the ultras and you're using the singular weapon with R1&R2. The actual powerstance moveset is only the L1&L2 stuff, the R1&R2 is just one handed moveset of the right handed weapon.
I'm just saying, with the Claymore in the right, those combos seem faster...which is more important to me.

Tarkus

BTW, red summon is going great down in approximately 2 hrs at the Iron Keep Bridge. Name is HardAttack123, at soul memory of 4.8 mln. PS3

So I was finally invaded for the first time last night. Many months I had expressed concerned because I had misinterpreted what burning a human effigy did and thought I had ruined my chance of invasion. Level 76, 27 hours in.

Guy was bare chested, roided out with hard hitting bare fists... but he was no match for my wanderer with a +4 schimitar lol.

Tarkus

Sorry Stormtrooper, I meant L1 & L2 in my posts. I was quite tipsy last night. Drunk Souls is quite fun. Are there any Ultras that have a thrust attack?

Mistel

Banned
Sorry Stormtrooper, I meant L1 & L2 in my posts. I was quite tipsy last night. Drunk Souls is quite fun. Are there any Ultras that have a thrust attack?
Someone tested the powerstance speeds ultra & greatsword with another ultra are roughly the same speed it was observation only so take that as you wish. There's several that have thrusts in their two hand movesets the zwei, drakekeeper (zwei for STR builds), ivory king ultra, and old knight ultra off the top of my head others either have the other ultra moveset or have specials instead of a thrust.

Tarkus

Someone tested the powerstance speeds ultra & greatsword with another ultra are roughly the same speed it was observation only so take that as you wish. There's several that have thrusts in their two hand movesets the zwei, drakekeeper (zwei for STR builds), ivory king ultra, and old knight ultra off the top of my head others either have the other ultra moveset or have specials instead of a thrust.
Need to try Ivory King Ultra. So far, Zwei is the best for me.

Ugh, spent so much time farming for twinkling to upgrade my Raw Santier's Spear and I don't even really like it.

Top Bottom