• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Easy_D

never left the stone age
New patch content spoilers

The new boss looks cheap as fuck. :lol

The three Aldia encounters are nice, shedding some light on the path to the monarch thing and reiterating how the DLC kings and both Aldia and Vendrick failed to find a cure for the curse - or more generally, a way to fight the curse. I think the story and Aldia's character were fine beforehand, shrouded in mystery and all - but this doesn't feel out of place either. Might've been planned as part of the main game but they needed to cut it or something.

Spoilery spoilers
Who's the female voice at the end though? You hear Aldia's along with another female voice, sort of sounds like Nashandra, but a bit like Shanalotte too. Also, if Aldia is the weird chaos flame guy. Then who is the ancient dragon? No one in particular?

Spoilery spoilers
Who's the female voice at the end though? You hear Aldia's along with another female voice, sort of sounds like Nashandra, but a bit like Shanalotte too. Also, if Aldia is the weird chaos flame guy. Then who is the ancient dragon? No one in particular?

I think there is a spoiler about
he is the creator of the emerald herald or one of them

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Weird! The credits for the Scholar content lists (spoilars)

Lord Aldia, King Vendrick and Alsanna. Did Vendrick and Alsanna get new dialogue as well?

Weird! The credits for the Scholar content lists (spoilars)

Lord Aldia, King Vendrick and Alsanna. Did Vendrick and Alsanna get new dialogue as well?

Maybe Vendrik gains an aditional dialogue after you beat
his brother
or probably Alsanna/Vendrik didnt get their VO credited in the DLC credits in a proper way.

^ Patch is up on PSN now for PS3. The version with the graphic updates, 6 player pvp and new enemy placements is the new retail version for DX11/PS4/Xbone.

Where do I find the new NPC?
After the Rotten
start of Undead Crypt
Dragon Shrine
After defeating Nashandra

usp84

Oh nice thanks!

I didnt want to buy this again(not at release at least) but i am very interested about the new content.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So wait... the new content is in the patch? Not the new-gen versions only?

What about this graph then? Says the new enemy placement etc. is in the new version only.

dark-souls-consoles.jpg

AHA-Lambda

question regarding new patch

Is it confirmed you need to kill Vendrick to face Aldia?
And that you need to face Throne Watcher/Defender, Nashandra and Aldia back to back?

KarmaCow

I'm curious to find out what other things were added. It feels like the Scholar should be in other places considering their identity and impact on the ending of the game.

question regarding new patch

Is it confirmed you need to kill Vendrick to face Aldia?
And that you need to face Throne Watcher/Defender, Nashandra and Aldia back to back?

1)
Someone in the trailer thread they couldn't get Aldia to trigger on their character in NG+++ where Vendrick was still alive.
2)
I'm not sure if you need to fight the first two to get Aldia to trigger but I couldn't get him to spawn until I used a Bonfire Aesthetic to respawn them. I ended up dying to Aldia but didn't need to fight the previous two to fight him again.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The new content as in changed descriptions and the scholar are in the patch. The rest are xbox one, ps4, and dx11 only.
Ah ok.

^ Patch is up on PSN now for PS3. The version with the graphic updates, 6 player pvp and new enemy placements is the new retail version for DX11/PS4/Xbone.

After the Rotten
start of Undead Crypt
Dragon Shrine
After defeating Nashandra
Hmm just checked with a random toon who's in the middle of NG+ for #1, and he's not there. So
do you have to beat the Rotten after the patch? In this playthrough I had beaten the Rotten and unlocked Shulva City already, but I didn't reach Drangleic yet. Will I see him in #2 and onwards?

KarmaCow

Ah ok.

Hmm just checked with a random toon who's in the middle of NG+ for #1, and he's not there. So
do you have to beat the Rotten after the patch? In this playthrough I had beaten the Rotten and unlocked Shulva City already, but I didn't reach Drangleic yet. Will I see him in #2 and onwards?

I didn't need
to kill the Rotten again but my character had killed everything else in the game before the patch dropped. He might appear at a different primal bonfire either randomly or depending on what was the last great soul you got.

neoism

:( well I best all three of the bosses and he didn't appear so I think I do need all of the crowns :(
I only have the ivory crown :/

Ok lol I have all of the crowns I'm soo stupid face palm ......

Mistel

Banned
:( well I best all three of the bosses and he didn't appear so I think I do need all of the crowns :(
I only have the ivory crown :/

Ok lol I have all of the crowns I'm soo stupid face palm ......
Did you talk to him three times already?

neoism

Did you talk to him three times already?
Yeah but I'm on my 3rd play through right now I put all three crown in my inventory and talked to vendrick but I'm not sure if I have to actually beat the dlc bosses again ( probably ) :********(. all the crowns I have are from my last play through :/ not sure if I still have the blessing or not

Uzzy

Ok, so.. mega spoilers for the new story stuff end game.

Just beat the Scholar of the First Sin at the Throne of Want, and I have a choice! I can claim the throne or leave.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah but I'm on my 3rd play through right now I put all three crown in my inventory and talked to vendrick but I'm not sure if I have to actually beat the dlc bosses again ( probably ) :********(. all the crowns I have are from my last play through :/ not sure if I still have the blessing or not
You don't need to do any of the dlc bosses for it.

Making serious changes to the story of a long established game, sudden interesting lore development...

Echoes of what happened to Portal.

I wonder. I just wonder..

neoism

Ok I just BS the bonfire to fight them again so does anyone know if you have to beat the three dlcs bosses in that play through and get the kings blessing to make the
new boss appear at the end or not
all three crowns I have a from my second play through and I haven't played any of the dlc this play through yet........?....?

neoism

So does anyone know what the new stat icon means not sure how to describe it but it has the broken red slash on it and I thing I've had it since I spoken to that npc three times....?

So wait... the new content is in the patch? Not the new-gen versions only?

What about this graph then? Says the new enemy placement etc. is in the new version only.
[/IMG]

It only added one NPC, one Boss and fixes for the old gen.

And it looks like the boss dont requires the DLC but fill and fix the lore

neoism

You don't need to do any of the dlc bosses for it.
Ok please tell me what to do then I just kill the women boss after the two throne bosses and now it letting me proceed to throne why isn't the other guy appearing I spoke to him three times and said yes??? I have all the crowns in my inventory.... What do..........

Mistel

Banned
Ok please tell me what to do then I just kill the women boss after the two throne bosses and now it letting me proceed to throne why isn't the other guy appearing I spoke to him three times and said yes??? I have all the crowns in my inventory.... What do..........
Killed Vendrick that might be it maybe? I've heard it's a requirement but I've also heard it's not or you might have to fight Nashandra via an asteic for him to spawn. I don't really know for sure.

neoism

Yeah looks like I'll just wait Ive been playing all day trying to find out how vendrick is still alive and I haven't killed any of the dlc bosses yet but I did kill the throne peps and the women twice now I'm 100% sure you have to get the kings blessing and make the crowns have that buff or what ever... Man I wish I'd never played this but one play through or at least let use save in a different slot lol

Oh wow, the Agape ring blocks ALL souls from being collected, not just ones gained through online play. With the covenant of champions allowing infinite enemy respawns and this ring, one could farm cracked orbs from the pigs in majula and do some mean low level invasions.

neoism

For new characters/new NGs.

Encounter 1: will appear at the final primal bonfire that the player lights.

Encounter 2: will appear at the first bonfire in the Undead Crypt, which has been moved from underneath the stairs to the base of the stairs.

Encounter 3: will appear at the bonfire in the Dragon Shrine.

Encounter 4: will talk Nashandra's death.
Criteria 1: Must have said Yes to 's previous questions. (Others have confirmed this but I haven't tested it)
Criteria 2: Must have killed Vendrick. (tested, confirmed)
Criteria 3(?): Must have King's Crown. (unsure)

For characters that have already killed Nashandra.

Encounter 1: will be on the Primal Bonfire in the Black Gulch, after The Rotten and before the DLC portal.

Encounter 2: will be on the first bonfire in Undead Crypt.

Encounter 3: will be on the bonfire in Dragon Shrine.

Encounter 4: If you haven't already, you must meet the criteria previously listed. Go to the King's Gate bonfire and use a Bonfire Ascetic. You will need to fight Throne Watcher and Defender again, and Nashandra afterwards, but will follow this time.

If anyone has anything to correct and/or add, please do say so and I will amend it.

EDIT: Learned how to make spoiler tags, could never do it before for whatever reason.
yup your right storm lol :p I have to kill vendrick again lol :***( man he can be a pain in the ass.....

neoism

Oh wow, the Agape ring blocks ALL souls from being collected, not just ones gained through online play. With the covenant of champions allowing infinite enemy respawns and this ring, one could farm cracked orbs from the pigs in majula and do some mean low level invasions.

it still sucks the way you have to buy it shame its not just a gift at the start of a new character or something would be awesome to PVP with like level 30 or something but with maxed out late game weapons...

Easy_D

never left the stone age

It does? That's good then! Especially if people want to get end game gear and invade in FoTFG

Edit: Though you still have to get it so there shouldn't be too much of that.

I defeated
Aldia
on NG+3 thanks to the help of a player phantom, I attuned magic just for a change since I hadn't used it at all on this character (but had 60 INT) and Crystal Soul Spear was doing 20 (!) damage with the best magic staff and clutch ring equipped, lol wtf! I would've been totally fucked without the phantom!

maomaoIYP

I defeated
Aldia
on NG+3 thanks to the help of a player phantom, I attuned magic just for a change since I hadn't used it at all on this character (but had 60 INT) and Crystal Soul Spear was doing 20 (!) damage with the best magic staff and clutch ring equipped, lol wtf! I would've been totally fucked without the phantom!
That doesn't sound fun for sorcery based glass cannons.....

DaciaJC

Gold Member
This might have been answered already, but why are certain locations (The Tower Apart, for example) outlined in orange in the bonfire warp menu now? I'm in NG+, if that makes a difference.

Mistel

Banned
This might have been answered already, but why are certain locations (The Tower Apart, for example) outlined in orange in the bonfire warp menu now? I'm in NG+, if that makes a difference.
PVP hotspots I think.
yup your right storm lol :p I have to kill vendrick again lol :***( man he can be a pain in the ass.....
As long as you don't get a fireball thrown at you, you should be fine just hug his arse.

Areas with higher levels of online activity are now highlighted in the warp menu.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Maybe Vendrik gains an aditional dialogue after you beat
his brother
or probably Alsanna/Vendrik didnt get their VO credited in the DLC credits in a proper way.

Yeah but then why isn't Elana nor Nadalia credited? Both have voiced dialogue.

Areas with higher levels of online activity are now highlighted in the warp menu.

I thought it was supposed to be specific to your current character rather than activity in general, as in the places where you will have the most luck with PVP.

Top Bottom