• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

I defeated
Aldia
on NG+3 thanks to the help of a player phantom, I attuned magic just for a change since I hadn't used it at all on this character (but had 60 INT) and Crystal Soul Spear was doing 20 (!) damage with the best magic staff and clutch ring equipped, lol wtf! I would've been totally fucked without the phantom!

Well, welcome to the sorcery club where sorcery sucks in DLCs bosses and extra nerfs pretty much destroyed a pure sorcerer at the point of going melee or going hibrid into another caster class

Yeah but then why isn't Elana nor Nadalia credited? Both have voiced dialogue.

Guess they wont bother to add credits for the DLCs. There are no DLC credits at least for console.

Where is the Covenant of Champions?

In Majula, there is a path going up to a cliff in front of the blacksmith house.

Well, welcome to the sorcery club where sorcery sucks in DLCs bosses and extra nerfs pretty much destroyed a pure sorcerer at the point of going melee or going hibrid into another caster class

Guess they wont bother to add credits for the DLCs

In Majula, there is a path going up to a cliff in front of the blacksmith house.

So its the same as the Company of Champions, as long as im part of the covenant, enemies will respawn indefinitely?

Yeah you don't get a soul, which is disappointing tbh. Even if it couldn't be used to trade, at least if he dropped a soul there's that bit of lore and you can pop it.

So its the same as the Company of Champions, as long as im part of the covenant, enemies will respawn indefinitely?
Yep, just join the covenant and enemies will continue to spawn even in areas you previously cleared (doesn't change one time spawns like Painted Guardian BP etc).

ArynCrinn

Banned
Any other PC players totally lose your save file after this update? Any way to fix this?

Anyway, so does the patch fix any of the issues me and Red have complained about? My bet is not... :\

Tarkus

Areas with higher levels of online activity are now highlighted in the warp menu.
praisingintensifies.gif

Please be active this weekend. I've always wanted to try out the Tower Apart bonfire, but no one has ever summoned me there. Hell, I'll take any other consistent place besides Iron Keep bridge.

maomaoIYP

praisingintensifies.gif

Please be active this weekend. I've always wanted to try out the Tower Apart bonfire, but no one has ever summoned me there. Hell, I'll take any other consistent place besides Iron Keep bridge.

I've done a good deal of dueling at the Tower Apart bonfire. Ran into a few gank squads too, just like the Iron Keep bridge.

ElFly

Asshat tried to invade me while I was in Drangleic Castle.

Asshat doesn't realize there's plenty of summons to help me.

Tarkus

I've done a good deal of dueling at the Tower Apart bonfire. Ran into a few gank squads too, just like the Iron Keep bridge.
Iron Keep is usually good for me -- many fight clubs providing Warmth to winners and people who have some degree of honour. I'm just getting tired of it though. I do have an ultra I would like to try out.

I write down the ganking fucks' names so I can use the separation crystal when I see them summon me.

Speevy

Banned
I have a save file that's right after I beat the last boss, but I haven't started new game plus.

Will this content appear for me?

Pooya

I have a save file that's right after I beat the last boss, but I haven't started new game plus.

Will this content appear for me?

I just read that you have to use bonfire ascetic in that case, so yea gotta beat it again. You have to meet some other requirements elsewhere too before that first, those don't seem problematic.

Welp, I used my CREO from the tutorial at Heide's after killing the Dragonrider (16750 soul memory) and I invaded two people with Ice Rapiers -_-

Mistel

Banned
Welp, I used my CREO from the tutorial at Heide's after killing the Dragonrider (16750 soul memory) and I invaded two people with Ice Rapiers -_-
That doesn't sound that surprising that they've got them considering the low requirements they have and getting the agape ring isn't too difficult same with the ice raiper too. They could be right at the threshold of that memory band so there's still a fair bit of difference between you and them SM wise possibly.

Defect

Why can't I see summon signs anymore? My friend and I are trying to join each other but all of a sudden it stopped working.

Mistel

Banned
Maybe, I dunno, is it harder?
Depends it's a fair bit harder with lack of agility means you can't dodge really well due to less I frames. But movesets of bosses are exploitable just as well as they would be wit higher agility.

There's some choice on how you go about it as the DLC added some equipment that's helpful on SL1 runs quite a bit but it depends on what you want to work with.

So I couldn't both looking all over the place for the new NPC and decided to be a scrub lord and google it, first time I googled to find something I haven't found before(I only used google to remember where something is, after I found it on my own the first time). Anyways so I find the new NPC and talk to him and whatever. Then
I go to Drangleic Castle where he is supposed to be a boss after beating Nashandra and Vendrick. I have beaten them both before the patch, and he's not there...Do I have to go into NG++ >_>? I'm already in NG+.

Mistel

Banned
Then
I go to Drangleic Castle where he is supposed to be a boss after beating Nashandra and Vendrick. I have beaten them both before the patch, and he's not there...Do I have to go into NG++ >_>? I'm already in NG+.
Ascetic Nashandra and murder her again then you're in.

neoism

woow just murdered Vendrick man if you go all out and really go aggressive its not that bad.. most of the time I'm too timid and end up dead because I'm not aggressive enough........

I have to say even though the ps4 version isn't that much prettier it looks good enough.. will most definitely get it for a insane discount once its like 15 bones or less or something that or just stick with the PC version for modz and stuff.... but man TRUE NEXT GEN Dark Souls will own us all Kreygasm

Mistel

Banned
yeah the main prob with a sl1 run is its one shot and done no matter what.. sooo yeah its most definitely harder..lol :p
You can wear some armor whilst remaining below the 70% fat roll threshold even without using any equip load raising rings or armor. You can use a mace/puzzling stone sword/broadsword along with full alva armor at SL1 with that set up brushing at about ~47 to 51% equip load without any rings.

With the right rings though you can lower this a fair bit still getting the full flynn's bonus plus ring of blades, +5ADP from simplton's raising the amount of Iframes and depending if you want just more equip load then you've got royal soldier ring or if you want health/stamina/equip load in the form of dragon crest rings.

There's other stuff you can do but that's even more prep heavy that the above is but it offers you far more weapon choice at the sacrifice of ring slots.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Guys! The Majula Chest now contains all of the reskinned weapons, so if you missed any or want dupes, go check it out :)

Edit: I dont understand why people hack in infinite health, this dude was clearly better than I was anyway. :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Neat, Belfry invasions sometimes yield a twinkling it seems. Also, I defeated NG+ Lost Sinner on one of my character, it was his only remaining great soul before Drangleic, and I saw the new NPC. Took me the hell by surprise, haha. I'm guessing he shows up for whichever Great Soul is killed last before the Shrine of Winter, instead of the Rotten in particular?

Mistel

Banned
I'm guessing he shows up for whichever Great Soul is killed last before the Shrine of Winter, instead of the Rotten in particular?
That's how it works it goes to the to one of the four primal bonfire, I assume most found him at the rottens originally then at the others.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Neat, Belfry invasions sometimes yield a twinkling it seems. Also, I defeated NG+ Lost Sinner on one of my character, it was his only remaining great soul before Drangleic, and I saw the new NPC. Took me the hell by surprise, haha. I'm guessing he shows up for whichever Great Soul is killed last before the Shrine of Winter, instead of the Rotten in particular?
I got a slab from a belfry invasion.

About the DLC, should I buy the dlc before playing through the rest of the game? Im only at the part with the Primal Knights.

It doesn't matter. It can be accessed any time, before or after defeating the final boss. It is tuned to high level characters and there is one section that requires an end game item to access, but you can do it any time.

I recommend getting all of them now if you plan on playing it.

Teknoman

It doesn't matter. It can be accessed any time, before or after defeating the final boss. It is tuned to high level characters and there is one section that requires an end game item to access, but you can do it any time.

I recommend getting all of them now if you plan on playing it.

Cool. I've had DS2 since PC day 1, but i've just been on and off the game due to constraints.

Zocano

Huh.

Finished up the new content.

The fight isn't... that great? I don't think it's cheap, it's just simple and kind of easy.

Lore wise though

holy shit I love it.

edit: Also for those wondering, I answered "no" to one of the questions and still got the trigger (just needed to re-ascetic to hit the right triggers).

Thanks a lot for spoiling who the Scholar is for me, IGN. I wasn't even looking for Dark Souls stuff.

It's not too surprising that it's Aldia, that was the leading theory pre-release. But still annoying.

Who here is going to go for an Agape Ring build? I just picked up mine with a new character, with 30K SM. It might be fun to do some ~SL70 PVP.

zeox

just started a new game and quickly remembered how much I absolutely hate No-Man's Warf. Any tips on how to hate it less?

zeox

Huh, that's actually one of my favorite areas. What don't you like about it?

it mostly has to do with the long-armed dudes and their ability to stagger the shit out of you while making you bleed and die. The area itself is alright I guess, I've just been hit by those guys one too many times :p

it mostly has to do with the long-armed dudes and their ability to stagger the shit out of you while making you bleed and die. The area itself is alright I guess, I've just been hit by those guys one too many times :p

Are you using a torch? They're scared of fire, and it makes them super easy to fight.

zeox

Are you using a torch? They're scared of fire, and it makes them super easy to fight.

I am, but there always seems to be one who doesn't care about my scary fire :/. Are there any weapons that work particularly well against them? I'm' playing around with a Longsword right now (this it's around +5 at the moment) and they seem like they take way too many hits before dying, around 5-6

Fire Longsword I guess?

I am, but there always seems to be one who doesn't care about my scary fire :/. Are there any weapons that work particularly well against them? I'm' playing around with a Longsword right now (this it's around +5 at the moment) and they seem like they take way too many hits before dying, around 5-6

Fire Longsword I guess?

Fire Longsword is a decent choice, since it does decent damage early in the game. You can also backstab them.

Haunted

Fire Longsword I guess?
They are weak to light and fire. Just don't take too long killing them or they get fed up with the light and attack you anyway.

I think No Man's Wharf is one of my favourite early areas in the game. Needed just one last shortcut connecting the piers to be a fully complete level. Great moment lighting up the big lantern. First Pharros Lockstone I used as well!

Top Bottom