• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

strafer

So i've been rolling with this weapon and it totally wrecks faces.

Ibf1th5.png

maomaoIYP

Are you on NG+ or NG? I found it very slow when I did it on NG, but after popping an ascetic, bringing the area up to NG+, I found they dropped a lot faster.

Also, it's much better to farm before you beat the boss, so you can still use the Loyce knights and summons as helpers to make things go quicker. So if you already beat the boss, popping an ascetic is worth it just to re-spawn the boss.
Ah, good call with the asectic, I'll try that. I'm on NG+3 though.
the road to Smelter Demon 2.0 can kiss my white ass.
Nothing is worse than the route to the kings pets.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I discovered to my delight last night that praying at the Heirs of the Sun statue in Harvest Valley makes you invulnerable to invading phantoms. Keheheh, better luck next time, Lucatiel cosplayer.

Just wondering if anyone know the differences between dx9 and dx11? It's prob extremely similar to running DS2 with GeDoSaTo I want to assume, but I am just curious right now.

Just wondering if anyone know the differences between dx9 and dx11? It's prob extremely similar to running DS2 with GeDoSaTo I want to assume, but I am just curious right now.

In game? better lighting, more particles and colors, just that.

And yes the game is pretty similar to the old game but without mods and stuff.

The improved AI is not really related to the DX11

In game? better lighting, more particles and colors, just that.

And yes the game is pretty similar to the old game but without mods and stuff.

The improved AI is not really related to the DX11

Thanks, thats what I was expecting. Might pick it up for my Ps4 just because..

Hey there my fellow Guardian buddy :3

As I said in (I believe) the previous page: I think they nerfed the gank squad guys, with the proper rings I beat them with the help of the 2 NPCs on my first try; previously that took me several tries and a lot of frustration when the DLC was just released.

I believe the optional areas are less annoying and friendlier for people that prefer going solo against those bosses. I haven't tried the other areas yet, but it would make sense that with the new patch those are easier now.

SoldnerKei

I hate the co-op are on the Ivory King DLC, up to this date I haven't killed that boss because all the area itself it's pretty annoying

other than that DLC it's pretty good

Ivory King and Iron King felt like a Zelda dungeon for me, and first DLC boss was pretty awesome to me

The Red Iron Winblade.

Seems about right.

So i've been rolling with this weapon and it totally wrecks faces.

Ibf1th5.png

That weapon carried me through NG+...until I met the dreaded Fume, I get him to like 50% then he poops on me.

There's some similarity but there's really not much in common with the aesthetics of the pair:

Yeah, looks a lot less like it now. I would love if they brought it back, or even Old Orns armour, I really liked Orns armour set.

maomaoIYP

I did the first DLC solo. When I was done I asked myself "Why?", because it simply wasn't fun. I won't repeat that for subsequent DLC. I hear the second and third have even worse optional bosses.

I actually really enjoyed the 2nd DLC solo. It was the only one out of the three where I didn't feel that I was at a severe disadvantage playing solo.

Tarkus

I actually really enjoyed the 2nd DLC solo. It was the only one out of the three where I didn't feel that I was at a severe disadvantage playing solo.
That's odd. I've been reading that most people summon for the 2nd DLC because of its difficulty. I'll be wrapping up DS2 with it this weekend.

Soriku

Can someone recommend some point allocation suggestions for my build? I have 227k souls to use and I want to raise my level, but not sure what I should raise.

I'm currently lvl 150. Here are my stats:

Vig: 45
End: 38
Vit: 28
Atn: 2
Str: 45
Dex: 15
Adp: 20
Int: 1
Fth: 8

As for my equipment, I use a Mastodon Greatsword +10, Magic Havel's Greatshield +5, Judgment armor.

Edit: Just decided to put points in Vig and Adp.

Well, this is really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTp85E-zXs&feature=youtu.be

(Scholar of the First Sin ending spoilers)

EDIT: Also,
somebody pointed out that the pillars on the walkway to the Throne of Want look an *awful* lot like decapitated DS1 serpents. Go and watch the DS1 Dark Lord ending and then the new DS2 Scholar of the First Sin ending. Pretty sure that has to be intentional. Especially since it fits with the decapitated serpent shrines. It also fits that you would be walking past statues of decapitated serpents, since this new ending is about finding a new path, and NOT the same Light/Dark choice (the choice given to you by the serpents) from DS1.

I love how they're making the lore simultaneously ambiguous, but somewhat connected and interesting, but I doubt that we'll ever get anything too tangible or resembling a conclusion, since this is FROMSOFT's big multiplat franchise and they want to keep making new games.

Assassin's Creed syndrome :(

Well, this is really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTp85E-zXs&feature=youtu.be

(Scholar of the First Sin ending spoilers)

EDIT: Also,
somebody pointed out that the pillars on the walkway to the Throne of Want look an *awful* lot like decapitated DS1 serpents. Go and watch the DS1 Dark Lord ending and then the new DS2 Scholar of the First Sin ending. Pretty sure that has to be intentional. Especially since it fits with the decapitated serpent shrines. It also fits that you would be walking past statues of decapitated serpents, since this new ending is about finding a new path, and NOT the same Light/Dark choice (the choice given to you by the serpents) from DS1.

I think you are giving too much credit to the new cutscene

Mmm the snakes represent the kings, while the pillars are just pillars which reacts to your brand new great soul but then it fades to the dark since you didnt control the throne.

I think you are giving too much credit to the new cutscene

Mmm the snakes represent the kings, while the pillars are just pillars which reacts to your brand new great soul but then it fades to the dark since you didnt control the throne.

I dunno, they're the right size, shape, color, and in the correct positions (while you do pretty much the exact same thing).

https://i.imgur.com/y9bb1iL.png
https://i.imgur.com/r6gWzwg.png

(Not putting the images inline because of spoilers.)

Seems at least symbolic to me. The shrines may be unrelated, but at least to me the symbolism with the pillars seems pretty clear.

I dunno, they're the right size, shape, color, and in the correct positions (while you do pretty much the exact same thing).

https://i.imgur.com/y9bb1iL.png
https://i.imgur.com/r6gWzwg.png

(Not putting the images inline because of spoilers.)

Seems at least symbolic to me. The shrines may be unrelated, but at least to me the symbolism with the pillars seems pretty clear.

Well yes is the same ending, the thing is the flames dies after being overfueled perhaps because the dark reign is finally coming like the dark lord ending. The extra line aldia says about do something else is really, really on propurse to keep the dark souls series going.

(That's not solo.)

Lol, of course it's not I'm just saying the fight is easier now. When I fought the gank squad for the first time the 2 NPCs would die almost instantly, they were not helping at all, I needed the help of a real player to be able to beat the gank squad. This time though, we destroyed them easily.

I've heard several people fought them solo when the DLC was just released. I'm pretty sure those same players will find that fight easier after the patch.

So I'm at Nashandra and haven't bought the DLC yet. I know the series is all about multiple playthroughs, but I'm not sure I want to commit my time to that at the moment.

I would like to play the DLC though. Should I stop before beating Nashandra and then play all 3 DLCs before beating her? Or is the DLC accessible in newgame+ without having to get through an inordinate amount of the base game first?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I'm at Nashandra and haven't bought the DLC yet. I know the series is all about multiple playthroughs, but I'm not sure I want to commit my time to that at the moment.

I would like to play the DLC though. Should I stop before beating Nashandra and then play all 3 DLCs before beating her? Or is the DLC accessible in newgame+ without having to get through an inordinate amount of the base game first?

You don't go straight to NG+ after beating Nashandra. It is an option at the bonfire to do so.

Mistel

Banned
Lol, of course it's not I'm just saying the fight is easier now. When I fought the gank squad for the first time the 2 NPCs would die almost instantly, they were not helping at all, I needed the help of a real player to be able to beat the gank squad. This time though, we destroyed them easily.
In the approximately the last 11 months since you first did it, your character has not changed at all?

In the approximately the last 11 months since you first did it, your character has not changed at all?

Do you honestly believe that I wouldn't take that into account?

Like some of you I have two characters. My xb character was a STR/DEX/FTH build with enough ADP and enough levels so I could wear a heavy armour and fast roll (currently playing the game in NG+). Since I have no imagination my ps3 character is a STR/FTH build with enough points in ADP so I can fast roll, my PS3 char SL is lower than the xb char at the time I fought the gank squad and it wears the Aureus armour set, so I didn't need to invest many souls to wear a heavy armour set. Defense and poise are lower though. Both characters wield a greatsword.

So, this character is arguably weaker than my first one.

So in Crown of the Ivory King I'm at the point
where everything thaws and you can back through the first area.
Can my friend who doesn't own the DLC accompany me or is that only for Aava?

Top Bottom