• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Badgerst3

And on recent pvp rant-

When the fuck did everyone suddenly start chugging estus during dragon remnants duals on the iron keep bridge?

Last night 5 times in a row I had an opponent down to a sliver of health- and a chugging they went. I did not cuz that's the "honorable" way to dual. Or so I thought.

Have just discovered black phantoms helping at belfy sol covenant invasions. Racked up about 80,000 souls in a 2-2 battle. Also learned that's a good spot to leave items for players to use. Was more fun than pvp on the bridge actually.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That Llewelyn armour set really is nice. Got everything but the gloves and (presumably) mask. May have to use a Bonfire ascetic and bag the rest...

I meant Dark Souls II in particular. While some of those locations looked good, I didn't feel that they succeeded in supporting the theme I assumed the writers chose for the game.

Yep, you can see it clearly between the first trailer and the last one (RIP smelter demon human face or Human
nashandra boss
), also some lore contradicts itself like if was written in a more dark way about the Curse but changed near of the final development of the game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That Llewelyn armour set really is nice. Got everything but the gloves and (presumably) mask. May have to use a Bonfire ascetic and bag the rest...
Sadly there is no helm/mask for that set. Loved farming those guys though, the armor set they drop is indeed awesome and they also have a chance to drop titanite slabs (got 4 before they went extinct using full farm gear). I got owned the first time I fought them but now I can take them all on at once and wreck their shit. Lingering flame them aggro a group = lawls.

Deitus

Speaking of the lack of head piece for the Llewelyn set, has anyone found a good head armor that goes well with that set?

I love that armor set, but its hard to find something that fits well with it, but I'm unwilling to have nothing equipped to the slot. So far the only thing I've found that goes well with it is the Bone Crown.

Speaking of the lack of head piece for the Llewelyn set, has anyone found a good head armor that goes well with that set?

I love that armor set, but its hard to find something that fits well with it, but I'm unwilling to have nothing equipped to the slot. So far the only thing I've found that goes well with it is the Bone Crown.

Drangleic Helm

Quick question; for the spells you can only buy in Drangleic Castle on NG++, can you use ascetics to get them early? And if so, which bonfire do I use it at?

Soulhouf

I'm pretty sure the assumption that only Soul Memory is taken into account for matchmaking is false.
The character I used to beat the game SL34 has around 4 million SM. A friend of mine asked me to do some co-op with him today. His level was 35 in the Lost Bastille and he had less than 300k SM and yet he was able to summon me while he shouldn't if only SM is used.

We used the Name-engraved Ring. I don't know if that one removes the SM limitation or something.

Zeliard

I'm pretty sure the assumption that only Soul Memory is taken into account for matchmaking is false.
The character I used to beat the game SL34 has around 4 million SM. A friend of mine asked me to do some co-op with him today. His level was 35 in the Lost Bastille and he had less than 300k SM and yet he was able to summon me while he shouldn't if only SM is used.

We used the Name-engraved Ring. I don't know if that one removes the SM limitation or something.

This seems to be what testing showed, without the ring:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ExQbF84LXRSY0lZZXduZklJd2c&toomany=true#gid=0

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So does the name-engraved ring bypass soul memory requirements or simply loosen them? Kinda irritating From loves to be so obtuse about this stuff all the time, doesn't do them any favors since we're on the bring of figuring out a lot of this shit now that the PC version is released and people are pouring over the data mined files.

In forest of giants, what's up with the item on the ledge of the wooden scaffolding above the entrance to the cave leading to the fire sword? How do I reach that wooden scaffold?

Dorrin

Coop seems to have slowed down by a fair margin on PS3, around level 55 and it took quite awhile to find someone at the Smelter Demon. I'm wondering if it is due to the ability to respec, just less people rerolling overall.

Mistel

Banned
Any suggestions for a Str/Mag build weapon? 29/32. Finished the Primal Bonfires.
Large club or great club are two great strength weapons the mastodon greatsword is also good too. Maces might be good if you want some faster swinging weapons.

In forest of giants, what's up with the item on the ledge of the wooden scaffolding above the entrance to the cave leading to the fire sword? How do I reach that wooden scaffold?
You get that far later in game after you retrieve the kings ring.

Mogwai

Coop seems to have slowed down by a fair margin on PS3, around level 55 and it took quite awhile to find someone at the Smelter Demon. I'm wondering if it is due to the ability to respec, just less people rerolling overall.

Respeccing is of course the cause for a lot of people not to start a brand new character. For me to see, the only reason to roll a new character is if you chose the wrong boss weapons and don't want to get the souls on NG+.

GulAtiCa

Finally beat the game with my 2nd character, a Hex build. Only took 25 hours this time, 1/4th the time it took for my 1st playthrough. Haven't done 100% yet. Now just cleaning up on getting any hex/dark spells I might need or more Twinkling Titanite. Already maxed out Dark Sunset Staff, Dark Chime of Want, Scythe of Want. Wish you could apply Dark or embue it with Dark magic.

Btw: I don't get the point of Ring of the Dead. Seriously, it's so pointless, it may as well not exist. Waste of ring slot. By the time you get it, you should easily have 30+ human effegies. I get the idea of "Fashion Souls", but better to use a human effergie. At that point you can farm them so that they drop like candy.

Been on it for 96 hours, SL 185, using a maxed out Black Knight Ultra Greatsword. Done everything I can do (I think) before moving onto NG+, just one boss left.

Unfortunately, that boss is the
Acient Dragon
and he's kicking my arse :(

When I'm underneath him to melee and try and keep him grounded, I can't see his tell for the AoE attack

LOZLINK

So I started my ng+ and immediately respec'd to a sorcerer' build and I gotta say, I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as I thought I would. Did first playthrough as a str sword and shield build, any recommendations on what build to do. I feel as the sorcerer build is annoying Due to crappy multi enemy attacks and limited spell uses. I'm having trouble in heides tower on the circular room with the 4 old knights

Quick question; for the spells you can only buy in Drangleic Castle on NG++, can you use ascetics to get them early? And if so, which bonfire do I use it at?

Nope. You have to be in NG++.

Tried burning ascetics and it made getting into the Castle in ++ a bitch. ;)

Well worth the extra play through to get WotG to use on Invaders. Great Chaos Fireball is beast, too.

Soulhouf

So I started my ng+ and immediately respec'd to a sorcerer' build and I gotta say, I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as I thought I would. Did first playthrough as a str sword and shield build, any recommendations on what build to do. I feel as the sorcerer build is annoying Due to crappy multi enemy attacks and limited spell uses. I'm having trouble in heides tower on the circular room with the 4 old knights
For pure sorceries, the best staff is the Staff Of Wisdom+5 imbued with Faintstone.
Have as much attunment slots as possible.
As for rings, I recommend Southern Ritual Band+1 to add 2 additional slots and Clear Bluestone Ring for faster casting speed,
Some equipment will increase the casting speed and the number of casts, so equip those as well.
With that setting you shouldn't have any problem wrecking the game. I tried that for 1 hour no more because it was so broken and not fun for me.

Mages are so adorable when invaded <3

And on recent pvp rant-

When the fuck did everyone suddenly start chugging estus during dragon remnants duals on the iron keep bridge?

Last night 5 times in a row I had an opponent down to a sliver of health- and a chugging they went. I did not cuz that's the "honorable" way to dual. Or so I thought.

I had the same experience with BloodBro duels today. Like seven consecutive battles where they did cheesy stuff like healing or attacking me when I was bowing at the start. So annoying!

Mistel

Banned
Don't remember. Just that boss was about 3/4 dead and whammo, ballista spike in my back. More funny than anything, but I should get that humanity back!
I co-op it earlier with a red steel twinblade and got about 3 ballista bolts shot into my spine. Yay for maxed out Alonne armor but that would of sucked if I was the host.

cj_iwakura

Wow, that was eerie. Right outside Drangleic Castle...

Right after Emerald Herald says 'you must forge on', I get 'Message Rated'.

bobawesome

Made it to Eygil's Idol bonfire in NG++. It's so tricky for me just speeding through that area but I hate it so much. I should be good for a while now.

gaugebozo

So I'm SL 234 on NG +++ and thinking of switching to an int build from strength/faith to mix things up. I have the staff of wisdom and all the spells/hexes/rings/etc. I'm mainly just wondering until I can get the moonlight greatsword, is there another weapon to make this viable? I'm just about to set out to Brightstone, but kind of want to switch now.

Mistel

Banned
So I'm SL 234 on NG +++ and thinking of switching to an int build from strength/faith to mix things up. I have the staff of wisdom and all the spells/hexes/rings/etc. I'm mainly just wondering until I can get the moonlight greatsword, is there another weapon to make this viable? I'm just about to set out to Brightstone, but kind of want to switch now.
You could infuse a greatsword with lightning and blitz through everything with ease on a strength/faith build.

As a little tid bit for the moonlight making it into a raw weapon converts it to physical damage for some reason.

Top Bottom