• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Other than the mace, what weapons are good for infusing with lightning?

I infused my Great Club+10 with lightning. So, now I dual wield a Great Club+10 and a +10 Lightning. Pretty fun. And, Great Club 2-handed strong attack is by far my favorite weapon/attack in the game. Breaks enemy poise like nobody's business. Enemies literally get flattened. Best part is that the time it takes them to pull themselves off the ground gives you perfect opportunity to time another 2-hander to finish them off.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
How much scaling are you getting from your BKH currently?

STR C and DEX B, I think. Or did you mean numbers? I'll have to have a look tonight when I'm on.

The AR is around 550 give or take, I think. I know that I do a bit over 1,000 dmg to those Syra dudes when I backstab them... Which looks awesome, btw. :)

Leunam

Maybe it's because I'm going with a different build or what, but dueling blood bros is harder than sparring justice bros. However, invading as a blood bro is easier than invading as a justice bro. No down time when using cracked red eye orbs.

Minamu

I felt pretty much a Belmont with that weapon, attack animation looks so fancy

yesterday in Huntsman's Copse not a footprint to be seen, looking for co-operation but it looks like it's only me...

errgh ok, that place in NG+ was dead for me, I could help people but I was able to summon just one buddy for the boss, I thought NG+ was easier to reach people :c
I have the same problem at 7.4SM in ng+. Had to beat Smelter Demon alone with Lucatiel (easy). Getting summoned is usually very easy, but seeing signs myself is another story...

GulAtiCa

SM limit still exists in NG+ and beyond. Less popular areas like Huntsman's Copse are likely to be dead zones.

Once you get past the 14M sky limit, finding people is easier, as you are then grouped with everyone 14M (or so) and above. I'm 45M on my main and can get summoned nearly anywhere.

My beloved mace is just not cutting it as a bellend bro - there's no range at all to it. I don't want to go Claymore again, but as always I'm reluctant to put more than the bare minimum of points into STR/DEX on a magic/faith build (currently faith).

How do other folks handle their main weapon as any kind of magic weapon are you happy to put a load of points into STR or DEX for a weapon or do you settle for the basics so you can pump points into INT or FTH?

Minamu

SM limit still exists in NG+ and beyond. Less popular areas like Huntsman's Copse are likely to be dead zones.

Once you get past the 14M sky limit, finding people is easier, as you are then grouped with everyone 14M (or so) and above. I'm 45M on my main and can get summoned nearly anywhere.
FTH Retrieved!

Inskipp

I'll get back to you on that.
Well I just checked its AR for my quality build (40str/40dx) and I'm getting an AR of 598, which exceeds the AR you mentioned by 48 points. Bonus scaling amounts to 148 damage, 22 of which is from the fire damage- department.

That's with 10 less dex and 23 more strength. I think it's safe to say that BKH benefits from strength far more than it does from dex, as far as pure damage goes.

Im raising adaptability but im not noticing any 'agility' improvements.

It isn't one for one with adaptability. And the Agility stat is shown on the level up screen, so you can see if you are gaining any. I think 99-100 Agility is the minimum you should aim for.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well I just checked its AR for my quality build (40str/40dx) and I'm getting an AR of 598, which exceeds the AR you mentioned by 48 points. Bonus scaling amounts to 148 damage, 22 of which is from the fire damage- department.

That's with 10 less dex and 23 more strength. I think it's safe to say that BKH benefits from strength far more than it does from dex, as far as pure damage goes.

Fair enough. It may be less effective on a DEX build but it is still very much a viable option. Like I said, it's done me proud.

You are going to kill the ancient dragon?

I don't even know what that is. Don't tell me though!

Mistel

Banned
I don't even know what that is. Don't tell me though!
Hex1jq5.gif

This is a summary of what will happen.

Just beat the PC version(didn't play it on console.) 53 hours and level 139. Ready to join this OT and it's discussions. Absolutely loved the game.

SoldnerKei

so I got I build I am happy with

Vig 40 - 1700-ish hp with life ring + 2 is like 2100 something
End 30 - 150 stamina I think
Vit 30 - 83.0 burden
Att - 10 1 slot
Str - 40
Dex- 35
Adp - 20 - I don't recall if it was 20 or 30, but since I am lvl 166 I'm pretty sure it's 20
Int - 5
Fth - 6

sooo, I don't know what I should lvl up next, I use Drangleic as my main weapon, and from time to time Pursuer Ultra Great Sword, should I go for more str or dex, or get some slots for spells and lvl up their respective scale stats?

Soulhouf

Wouldn't a black knight halberd be better?

Yeah, any Halberd class or any weapon with a large horizontal swipe attack helps to get rid of the small rat-dogs ASAP.

@Hollywood Duo: GG! People are always bitching about that boss but they usually beat it the next try for some reason lol.

maomaoIYP

Anything out there that scales A or S with faith?

Lightning is the faith scaling damage. Like he said, the Defender's Greatsword is fantastic when +5 and infused with lightning.
Yup. Defender's greatsword is the only S scaled melee weapon (iirc) once lightning infused. It had it's own buff ability and cannot be buffed by sunlight blade though. Even if a weapon has only B scaling it can be very formidable after a sunlight blade buff.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sometimes boredom makes you do crazy things..like duel wield murakumos in pvp..which wasnt the worst idea i've had and its kinda fun.

Zee-Row

Banned
Do enemies stop spawning after you've killed them enough times? This is really annoying for someone like me that loves to grind.

BenN

I have just started trying out great swords (mainly black knight great sword), and has anyone else noticed what I guess are tracking issues with these weapons?
It happens on all great swords I have tried...maybe I mean ultra great swords too...I'm not sure on the distinction.

Sometimes when I swing, it will swing in a seemingly random direction? Especially if you say hit the enemy with a R2 strong attack and then try follow it up with a second R2 strong attack...my character in this instance does a 180 turn and hits in the complete opposite direction. Every singe time.

CLEEK

Do enemies stop spawning after you've killed them enough times? This is really annoying for someone like me that loves to grind.

Yeah. Not sure what the exact number of respawns are, but it's around 10 times before they stop reappearing.

If you burn a bonfire ascetic in the closest bonfire to that area, they'll respawn again. But at a higher level, meaning they're harder to kill.

maomaoIYP

I have just started trying out great swords (mainly black knight great sword), and has anyone else noticed what I guess are tracking issues with these weapons?
It happens on all great swords I have tried...maybe I mean ultra great swords too...I'm not sure on the distinction.

Sometimes when I swing, it will swing in a seemingly random direction? Especially if you say hit the enemy with a R2 strong attack and then try follow it up with a second R2 strong attack...my character in this instance does a 180 turn and hits in the complete opposite direction. Every singe time.

The direction of the swings for the heaviest classes of weapons are determined by the direction of your LS.

BenN

The direction of the swings for the heaviest classes of weapons are determined by the direction of your LS.

Ah thanks, thought it was something like that...I have been trying to sort of guide the swings by pushing the stick in the direction I wanted to swing and I did think it was having an effect, but was not sure if i was just imagining that.

Will have to try that for sure with the second R2 hit now!

Finally completed the game on the weekend and really enjoyed it. Took me about 80 hours as I tried to explore as much as possible and help people with co-oping.

Just got the 4 spells stuff to do for my plat which I’ll start this week.

Overall thought while a great game and better that most other games out there its the weakest souls game IMO.

Like a lot of you have already said. I just find some areas too short and not very good and bosses are not very memorable at all. Also I’m not sure if its coz I’m a Souls Veteran and know what to expect but I just found the game the be the easiest souls game

Anyway onto NG+

Top Bottom