• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Arjen

We need a scaling fix.
My fingers are crossed for the next calibration...

Yep, they really need to buff scaling. Getting past a weapons requirements is absolutely useless now. Which sucks because you can't really make different builds now.

SoldnerKei

Yep, they really need to buff scaling. Getting past a weapons requirements is absolutely useless now. Which sucks because you can't really make different builds now.

so, are you saying that my 40 str and 35 dex are useless using my drangleic sword? :c
how about spells?

Dunno why you'd go with a mix if you have two great clubs.

Of course that starts from the assumption that you have two great clubs (it'd require ascetic use) and of course, maybe you already upgraded the Large Club.

You just answered your question. On NG I'm rolling a Large and Giant. On my NG+++ character, running with two Giants.

Zee-Row

Banned
Is this a glitch? I beat the Smelter Demon and after I beat him I went back to town to level up and when I went back to the area i noticed the door to the Smelter Demon had fog again , So I enter and the Pursuer boss shows up but with no boss music and no boss health bar. The game treated him like a regular enemy , I just let him follow me outside the room and jumped over that gap and he just fell to his death. I thought it was pretty weird.

Is this a glitch? I beat the Smelter Demon and after I beat him I went back to town to level up and when I went back to the area i noticed the door to the Smelter Demon had fog again , So I enter and the Pursuer boss shows up but with no boss music and no boss health bar. The game treated him like a regular enemy , I just let him follow me outside the room and jumped over that gap and he just fell to his death. I thought it was pretty weird.

Not a glitch.

SoldnerKei

well, he didn't have a boss fog for me but the persuer appears there as a miniboss

ElFly

Pursuer appears there, but when I've faced him, he disappears if you exit the room, so the whole "falling to his death" part sounds glitchy for me.

Arjen

so, are you saying that my 40 str and 35 dex are useless using my drangleic sword? :c
how about spells?

Spells are insanely powerful, especially hexes and lighting spears. If you go 25/20 on your drangleic sword, infuse it with lightning and pump the rest in faith, you do a little bit less melee damage but you get to use a lot of useful spells.
I did a quality build first and a hex build second, it's not even funny how much easier the hex build was, even in NG++ great lightning spear pretty much one shots every enemy except the black phantoms.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I saw a tip that if you let one of them impale you with the curse attack, the other will go away, leaving you to fight one on one. Then when you return, you can fight the other one.

If I want the Ring of Blades +2, does it matter which one I let curse me? Can I summon for this fight?

I was in the Black Gulch and got flung completely across the map by one of those big penis monsters. I was thrusting into its side two handed with a rapier and locked on out of habit, my character then faces towards the head (lock on point) and it does a sideswipe and I went flying right across the chasm to about where the first bonfire is before I descended into the void!

This brings me to the funky lock-on stuff with rapiers, I think some of it is due to the new ability to lock on but face in other directions (still hate it), but also it seems now that if you attack with your shield up, even if you stop holding block, as long as you keep attacking you won't drop your shield - I also hate this. You have to remember to let the shield down animation complete before pressing attack again, not great and not practical in the heat of the moment. Other than that - I still <3 rapiers. Love, love, love the Espada Ropera.

If I want the Ring of Blades +2, does it matter which one I let curse me? Can I summon for this fight?
Doesn't matter and yes you can summon but it's not a "proper" boss fight so if that's all you want summons for you'll have to send them home (they might think it's a bit dickish since they were probably expecting to be summoned for Throne of Want area).

I just did it solo again just now and I basically danced around dodging until you see the blue sword, jump on it, mop the other one up and then enjoy your ring! :)

I saw a tip that if you let one of them impale you with the curse attack, the other will go away, leaving you to fight one on one. Then when you return, you can fight the other one.

tried it, I intentionally getting impaled, still fighting 2 pursurers at the same time. That trick might have been patched.
you can summon real players. do it at that bonfire in the castle, then take the phantoms up the ladder to the chamber.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Unfucking believable. I was almost done with a zero death run and a
dragon lands on the long bridge to the dragon shrine. I've crossed the bridge a million times before and NOTHING HAPPENED. Why would I expect that?? Fuck you FROM.

maomaoIYP

Unfucking believable. I was almost done with a zero death run and a
dragon lands on the long bridge to the dragon shrine. I've crossed the bridge a million times before and NOTHING HAPPENED. Why would I expect that?? Fuck you FROM.
You destroyed too many eggs man.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
You destroyed too many eggs man.

Yeah, I know that now. Would have been nice to have died that way ANY of the other times I crossed the bridge when it didn't matter. I didn't even know it was possible to get attacked there since I've walked across it safely many many times before. It's just too evil.

Ulthwe

Is there any .gif for when you get too cocky on DS? I had to fight the horse boss a couple dozen times, and two of them I died an attack away from killing him... Heck, I even cleared the path leading to him.

Also, good placement of the great sword red knight just before the boss door, I had to run for my life after using the "bail out" (save and quit) trick upon trespassing the fog for the first time.

Regarding the Undead purgatory... that's it? Isn't there any more to this area?

Is there any .gif for when you get too cocky on DS? I had to fight the horse boss a couple dozen times, and two of them I died an attack away from killing him... Heck, I even cleared the path leading to him.

Also, good placement of the great sword red knight just before the boss door, I had to run for my life after using the "bail out" (save and quit) trick upon trespassing the fog for the first time.

Regarding the Undead purgatory... that's it? Isn't there any more to this area?

Nope. Just the blood covenant npc at the end. And the statues for entering the dueling arena.

I'm playing offline, so it's no use to join a covenant, right? All those NPC basically tell me to go away.

kill the sentinel npc and blood npc to get some of their loot (and buy the rest of their loot from the old hag merchant). You can get the covenant rank rewards for sentinel and blood from chancellor wellager in NG++ (real NG++, not bonfire asceticed bonfire intensity 3)

tried it, I intentionally getting impaled, still fighting 2 pursurers at the same time. That trick might have been patched.
you can summon real players. do it at that bonfire in the castle, then take the phantoms up the ladder to the chamber.
You can still do it, I did it last night. It's only the cursed blue sword attack that counts.

Leezard

Which ones? Is there any bonus / advantage for joining them?

Champion's covenant and the Pilgrims of the Dark. You can fight an exclusive optional boss in the Dark covenant, and get access to some spells/items. You also get access to some short bonus dungeons.

Champion's covenant is the hardcore covenant that makes the game harder.

Champion's covenant and the Pilgrims of the Dark. You can fight an exclusive optional boss in the Dark covenant, and get access to some spells/items.

There are a number of awestone-dropping phantoms that spawn like 15 times per NG+ or something, so anyone who's just in it for the rank rewards can farm it pretty easy.

Ulthwe

Champion's covenant and the Pilgrims of the Dark. You can fight an exclusive optional boss in the Dark covenant, and get access to some spells/items.

I suppose champion's is that rock in Majula, right?

Couldn't you join the heirs of the sun and rank that up offline?
I just beat the horse boss and I don't even know how covenants work, not even what ranking up is abou. I'll keep on playing solo so does that have any advantage?

Mistel

Banned
I just beat the horse boss and I don't even know how covenants work, not even what ranking up is abou. I'll keep on playing solo so does that have any advantage?
You can get some nice equipment from the covenant you just need to offer sunlight medals which you can farm in the area.

Has anyone used ascetics on bosses such as Old Dragonslayer and Executioner's Chariot? I was wondering if you can enter the boss fog through the back entrance or you have to warp out and go the proper way? (Just wondered)

Top Bottom