• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjica

Not respawning enemy is a strange choice for FROM. Personally I dont like that.

Not only i cannot farm souls for buying spell and level up but return in previous area and see that empty make the atmosphere less good.

If it was really done for people having trouble go to the area boss I fear the future direction of the series.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

Not only i cannot farm souls for buying spell and level up but return in previous area and see that empty make the atmosphere less good.

If it was really done for people having trouble go to the area boss I fear the future direction of the series.

Likely just to nudge you forward and into NG+ instead on hanging out in exploitable areas. I'm sure there will be plenty of resources in the game.

So I ordered almost asap on Amazon when it became available yet apparently it's not even shipping yet/might get here on wednesday.

pls tell me this is all a lie

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't mind the non-enemy respawn. After clearing out undead burg a few dozen times, I can't say I'd mind them getting out of my way just for conveniences sake.

That being said, it's likely mainly because I kind of like the idea of zones where I scorched them clean of foes.

I'm more concerned as to whether this will impact the difficulty in a negative way. Will limits on monster farming make it too difficult, or did they make this one easier than the first game?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I also like the idea of being able to explore an area like a blight town for items after I've cleared all the trash enemies. Just get to explore all the nooks and crannies for secrets.

I also like the idea of being able to explore an area like a blight town for items after I've cleared all the trash enemies. Just get to explore all the nooks and crannies for secrets.

That, I have no problem with... But what if aa boss is too hard, and you don't have the option of leveling? Did they make the enemies easier than in DkS1, or do they want to force people into online play?

Dat Dark Souls 2 vacation week. Just gonna be sitting here all day Monday, waiting for it to come out lol. Less than 24 hours for a brand new dark souls experience. So fucking hype, i need it now.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
That, I have no problem with... But what if aa boss is too hard, and you don't have the option of leveling? Did they make the enemies easier than in DkS1, or do they want to force people into online play?

As far as I know, only enemies (specific enemies?) near bonfires will stop spawning. Not all enemies from all areas. Someone who has played the game can chime in and clarify. Plus there IS an item that can re spawn enemies in an area, but it seems to be extremely rare from what i've heard. You can also either A: go to a different area/boss or B: Try skill or C: get help.

LordCanti

As far as I know, only enemies (specific enemies?) near bonfires will stop spawning. Not all enemies from all areas. Someone who has played the game can chime in and clarify. Plus there IS an item that can re spawn enemies in an area, but it seems to be extremely rare from what i've heard. You can also either A: go to a different area/boss or B: Try skill.

From all the streams I've watched,
this is correct.

What?! How am I just hearing about this now! The wait just got that much more difficult...omg lol

The camera doesn't quickly snap to whatever the target is. Instead it seems a lot smoother. The player is also able to move more freely during lock-on, and are for example able to roll and run away from the target while remaining locked on, whereas in the previous game lock-on would always make the player face the target. However, lock-on will no longer cause your weapons to autotrack the target; the player must manually aim swings with the left stick.

In theory I like the change. The more control you have the better.

Gonna head to the store for some snacks as soon as I get off work. I got the LE coming from amazon for PS3. Any word on how the two versions stack up to each and other?

Quick Question about the PSN digital release in the US, is it going to be released 12am EST tomorrow or am I going to have to wait at the mercy of Sony for them to update their store page?

I would have ordered a copy via Amazon and had it shipped day one but they don't seem to have any option to order the game in a Standard Edition... which I find a little perplexing but whatever.

Jobbs

Banned
Quick Question about the PSN digital release in the US, is it going to be released 12am EST tomorrow or am I going to have to wait at the mercy of Sony for them to update their store page?

I would have ordered a copy via Amazon and had it shipped day one but they don't seem to have any option to order the game in a Standard Edition... which I find a little perplexing but whatever.

So intensely wondering this. Been looking for answers for days on this question and still have nothing solid. Some say it updates tuesday evening (ugh), others have said it sometimes updates late night monday (which would mean I'd double dip on PS3). Either they want my money or they don't, I suppose.

So intensely wondering this. Been looking for answers for days on this question and still have nothing solid. Some say it updates tuesday evening (ugh), others have said it sometimes updates late night monday (which would mean I'd double dip on PS3). Either they want my money or they don't, I suppose.

Its been a while since I got a day 1 digital release off of PSN but I remember it being a late evening affair on the day of release and then being slightly disappointed that I had to wait a couple hours for the game to download.

I can understand the issues with doing midnight releases. But I do not understand why PSN and the people publishing games through their service don't give a specific time of day or atleast a good estimate of when a game is scheduled to become available to download (like some Steam releases for example)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
1 - Black phantom giant depraved ones (JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYING)
Hahaha yes, those are the worst. Try fatrolling against them now, just for the lolz xD

2 - Black Dragon Kalameet (Fuck that fire breath, I find him harder than Manus)
Honestly that's fairly easy to avoid. I used to think Kalameet was harder than Manus, but with my SL1, Manus was definitely harder. The dark sorcery is a pain even with the silver pendant and he has too many OHKO attacks.

Mana Sin

Hmm. 4:35AM and Amazon has yet to ship my copy. I wonder if I should be worried.

I figure I'll give them to about noon before harassing customer support or canceling my pre-order.

Well I just checked PSN. It says:

"Please come back to the PlayStation Store on PS3 any time after 12:01am (PST) on March 11, 2014 to download your game..."

So, fingers crossed.

slash3584

This really sucks :/

I've been told the game would be downloadable at 12:01 PST but given the PSN update history I probably end up playing this on wednesday.

Has anybody here had any experience with a big release on PSN?

ShogunX

Huh? Enemies respawn as soon as you sit at a bonfire. Only enemies very close to the Bonfire do not return, everything else gets reset. You farm to your hearts content.

Dark:

1. 4 Kings
2. Manus
3. Kalameet
4. Sanctuary Guardian
5. Artorias
Noticed that when you kill Manus and go back to the entrance there are actually 2 of these sons of bitches there all of a sudden? I can't believe I actually went through it and killed both - they do respawn after again though.

My list for Dark Souls:

1. Manus
2. Kalameet
3. Sanctuary Guardian
4. Artorias
5. Smough and Ornstein

FROM really went all in with that Add-On....

Well it looks like its time for me to get of this hype train. I've decided for now the best thing to do would be to concentrate on my studies and upcoming exams so I will be getting this game in the summer some time. Good luck everyone on DS2!

J4g3r

It's almost here, 22 hours to go!

xZ2sEbd.gif

DS2 PC comes out around the time my exams end. It's the only reason why I can feel good about waiting for DS2.

I'm totally going to cave in and buy the PS3 version in the near future though lol.
I honestly couldn't wait lol I would just start to think of dark souls when I start to study so I have no problem diving head first in dark souls and making as much progress as I can before I study.

jyx

Just realised I have to get up 07:00 tomorrow to start downloading. I have taken 3 days off work . I AM READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mendrox

Played for 6 hours on saturday. Game is avaiable since then at Games Castle Hamburg, Germany.

Started as a Sorcerer because I haven't played a magic class in Demons' Souls/Dark Souls. I loved both games and also replayed Dark Souls on PC.

... Game is hard as fuck. 2-3 Soul Arrows for a normal enemy... OK, I can live with that.

I killed three bosses so far SPOILERS:
Last Giant, Dragonrider? and Pursueder with the cheap environment way
. I have two places I know I can go to now, one of these has an old buddy boss which just kills me in hit a or two. The other place is just dark and I hate it lol.

I pumped some points in INT (currently 25 INT), a few in endurance and another few in attunment for more spell slots (got great soul arrows and another pack of Soul Arrows) and another few in this new agility stat, so that I don't die if I just want to roll around or drink something refreshing.

Still... the game in my opinion is way harder than Dark Souls. Warping for this game is a blessing because you can explore different ways faster and a little bit less frustrating.

Graphics are better than DKS, movement is a stat thing, but I didn't need much time to get conformtable with that. Healing items are rare and I just don't want to die anymore.

There is also (not exactly a spoiler but interesting!)
There is gravestone which shows how many people died worldwide lol

I love this game so far. More of Dark Souls with better animations and environment. Awesome soundtrack and customizing and exploring are awesome.

P.S. I hate traps. I just hate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom