• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How is the PS3 frame rate compare to Xbox 360 or even Dark Souls?

From what Ive read the game runs better on 360 at the cost of screen tearing while the PS3 version has Vsync which keeps the framerate at lower numbers. Think Dragon's Dogma all over again.

Facism

Take the soccer talk back to the mass effect 3 thread guys ;p

I was considering a double dip on ps3 but after framerate nonsense im just goin to wait for pc

ShogunX

Every section of
Forest of Giants
in my game is currently empty beside one single enemy which I've only killed maybe five times.

I've beaten the boss in that area and the enemies still respawn for me (still farm there from time to time). I've noticed one or two others in different places vanishing for good so I hope this isn't some kind of glitch.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I've beaten the boss in that area and the enemies still respawn for me (still farm there from time to time). I've noticed one or two others in different places vanishing for good so I hope this isn't some kind of glitch.

It's not a glitch, it's a feature that we are figuring out the limitations of.

Shinjica

Enemy stop respawning after you kill them 15 times.

I'm at home for spring break and my PS3 is at my college apartment. I don't go back till March 17. DAMN. IT. A week without Dark Souls II. NEED. IT. NOW.

Vazra

I'm at home for spring break and my PS3 is at my college apartment. I don't go back till March 17. DAMN. IT. A week without Dark Souls II. NEED. IT. NOW.

Buy a new PS3.
KuGsj.gif

ittoryu

Is that confirmed? Doesn't feel like I've killed the two that have vanished that many times but I was farming red eye orbs in that area....so maybe I have :/

I've been playing the game for the past two days but I didn't notice this, although I did die quite a few times... Do they need to be killed 15 times without being killed? Or the counter just reset if the player dies?

jimboton

Yes or no question. Please no spoilers.

Have any secrets of a magnitude comparable to the Great Hollow or the Painted World been already found out?

If not, are there suspicious items, objects or places that people still don't seem to know where, when or how to 'use' them?

again please no spoilers!!

Was watching a stream and the dude playing had infinite souls. No way the community found hacks already, right?

yeah there is a save file at first bonfire- infinite souls, most weapons and 99 of each item

:/ also you CAN unlock all trophys with the hack.

so much for having a satisfying platinum- takes the fun out when everyone will have it

Vazra

Not this shit again. Its ok, if someone cheats for single player but this pvp cheating turned me off so much from it in DS. I hope From is punishing those people...

Hehe, I guess I have no choice but to improve my skill then :/

The game takes into considerations your souls and other data I'm forgetting and matching you with similar players. So we might see hackers fighting hackers more often than hackers vs regular players.

Have any secrets of a magnitude comparable to the Great Hollow or the Painted World been already found out?

If not, are there suspicious items, objects or places that people still don't seem to know where, when or how to 'use' them?

Sure.

ShogunX

Yes.

No.

Apparently nothing as bad as Blighttown.
Well at least it's not as bad as bloghttown. Well pretty sure I can survive playing the ps3 until the PC version is release. When I say play the ps3 I will most likely play 6-8 hours than rarely play whenever I can because of school :/ on the bright side when the PC version is release I will finish my undergrad and earn my bachelors of biological science!

Vazra

Sounds great. I hope this is the case though.

Gotta see how well implemented it really is, afterall the servers have been offline all this time so we can not confirm how good it works.

Well at least it's not as bad as bloghttown. Well pretty sure I can survive playing the ps3 until the PC version is release. When I say play the ps3 I will most likely play 6-8 hours than rarely play whenever I can because of school :/ on the bright side when the PC version is release I will finish my undergrad and earn my bachelors of biological science!
Congratulations!

Shinjica

If you burn an Human effigies
you can disable online interaction (invasion/summon)

Someone know if its' permanent or has a time limit?

Jack cw

As long as they don't find a way to reset their soulhistory.

Gotta see how well implemented it really is, afterall the servers have been offline all this time so we can not confirm how good it works.

Congratulations!

Given how buggy and glitch the games are with items I fear that its more wishful thinking, but at least they acknowledged that cheating is a problem for pvp. Well, with enemies only respawning 15 times, I wont hit levels over 100 anytime soon.

Vazra

I actually want this game badly enough to be able to do something so silly.

No one is stopping you. :)
Given how buggy and glitch the games are with items I fear that its more wishful thinking, but at least they acknowledged that cheating is a problem for pvp. Well, with enemies only respawning 15 times, I wont hit levels over 100 anytime soon.

The guy on the stream (Before going to the PS3 version with the hacked save file) actually went up to level 90s and he was playing terribly. I think you might able reach 100s on the first run if you farm and not die as much as that guy. (Who even dared to lose souls he could retrieve cause he would leave them until he finishes the boss fight which in some cases would been 50k or more)

MilkBeard

I got my text early yesterday morning from Gamestop that my copy is safely waiting for my arrival Tuesday morning. Hype! So close now.

Congratulations!

Thanks man, but good luck with your job hunt! Its hard finding a job from what I have been noticing and hearing. Thats why I am going to hide more in school doing my masters :p

I have been on a pretty good blackout, I have only watched the trailers released and some of the network testing. So I am pumped for this game!

P.s Sorry for the off-topic :p

Vazra

I got my text early yesterday morning from Gamestop that my copy is safely waiting for my arrival Tuesday morning. Hype! So close now.

I rather get Ivy's uninterested/interested message be recorded on my voice mail. I get a kick of hearing sometimes how her mood swings when saying the game names.

Hi this is Ivy from Gamestop. Just letting you know your game... Dark Souls 2... Collector's Edition will be available to pick up Tuesday morning. Good bye!

Thanks man, but good luck with your job hunt! Its hard finding a job from what I have been noticing and hearing. Thats why I am going to hide more in school doing my masters :p

I have been on a pretty good blackout, I have only watched the trailers released and some of the network testing. So I am pumped for this game!

P.s Sorry for the off-topic :p

Luckily with the liquidation I will be fine to pay the little debt I have left and should be able to double dip on DS2 still. I'm taking this quiet well lately seeing it as an extended vacation and shall be going to a job fair soon this month which I hope to catch something. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom