• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Well, with enemies only respawning 15 times, I wont hit levels over 100 anytime soon.
Guarantee this won't be a problem. The guy streaming hit SL122 on the first playthrough without grinding once because the soft cap is much higher now.

At SL90 it took him about 10k souls to level up and at SL120 it took about 19k souls. For comparison in DkS1 at SL90 it cost 50k souls for a level and at SL120 it cost 92k souls. If you grind enemies until the extinction limit I can see players hitting SL150 comfortably.

Jack cw

No one is stopping you. :)

The guy on the stream (Before going to the PS3 version with the hacked save file) actually went up to level 90s and he was playing terribly. I think you might able reach 100s on the first run if you farm and not die as much as that guy. (Who even dared to lose souls he could retrieve cause he would leave them until he finishes the boss fight which in some cases would been 50k or more)

Wow, ok thats... interesting :D
Havent watch any of the streams because i wanted to avoid any spoilers but not dying much in a Souls game the first time is a bold venture ;)
Guarantee this won't be a problem. The guy streaming hit SL122 on the first playthrough without grinding once because the soft cap is much higher now.

At SL90 it took him about 10k souls to level up and at SL120 it took about 19k souls. For comparison in DkS1 at SL90 it cost 50k souls for a level and at SL120 it cost 92k souls. If you grind enemies until the extinction limit I can see players hitting SL150 comfortably.

Ok, thanks for clarification.

Tiops

This respawning limit mechanic really sucks. I rarely grind in Souls games, but I do like to farm titanites and some weapons, so unless they increased the drop rate (and that would suck too), it's going to be a problem.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This respawning limit mechanic really sucks. I rarely grind in Souls games, but I do like to farm titanites and some weapons, so unless they increased the drop rate (and that would suck too), it's going to be a problem.

Wait, why would increasing the drop rate of titanites suck?

Farming titanite is the worst part of the souls games.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wow, ok thats... interesting :D
Havent watch any of the streams because i wanted to avoid any spoilers but not dying much in a Souls game the first time is a bold venture ;)
His deaths were mostly for his terrible skills. He wouldnt parry or dodge properly. If you have enough experience with the Soul series you should be able to fare better than what he did. He went Dual Wielding all the way and I think in order to do that you need to learn your damn parry and dodge rolls in order to venture deeper (It isn't hard if its anything like DS1) eventually he gave up on the dual wielding and started using the shield which he would rarely raise up.
KuGsj.gif

I think they want to make the New Game + feel more important to the players with this. Many people finish the first playthrough and ignore the game cause they could farm everything with lots of time and patience. Also it seems NG+ this time will be more substantial than the previous damage buffs enemies would receive per NG+.

-Ryn

Banned
I hope hackers get banned swiftly. I don't want to deal with that bullshit.
It still baffles me that people will mod their game and then invade other worlds. Do they really have nothing better to do than try and ruin other peoples enjoyment (or further frustrate in some cases)? The game is already challenging enough as it is. Don't need people coming and being that little push that sends you over the edge.

MilkBeard

in Japan..

f20rLGs.jpg

The hell? Xbone isn't released in Japan. They are selling the game? Or is it imported.

EDIT: Now that I look at the rating, both seem like they are imported, they have the American rating system on them. NM ha ha. I wonder who imported an Xbone in Japan?

neoemonk

The hell? Xbone isn't released in Japan. They are selling the game? Or is it imported.

EDIT: Now that I look at the rating, both seem like they are imported, they have the American rating system on them. NM ha ha. I wonder who imported an Xbone in Japan?

Miyamoto.

Birathen

Surprised Nito is in the top. He always seemed like the silent, brooding type in DS1.

How many hours to murica release? Hnnnnggghh..

Some of the 8-4 guys have one. Besides other foreigners in Japan, I imagine a few Japanese fans imported one as well (yes, they do exist).

Birathen

19 hours and 54 minutes for the PSN preorder unlock, but who's counting?

I totally am.

Internal clock set. Will wake up tomorrow morning, my nekkid body cowered in sweat and with shaking hands turn on my PS3. My body aint ready, my mind wont handle it but I will be there. Day 1+how every long The download takes.

Facism

after perusing the downgrade thread and reports of dodgy framerate, i cancelled my PS3 preorder. Just going to wait it out for the PC version.

19 hours and 54 minutes for the PSN preorder unlock, but who's counting?

I totally am.

yeah... I have a few more hours after that: pick it up at my UPS distro facillity about 8am tomorrow with Titan Fall then I play rock paper scissors with wife to determine who plays what first (I want to play Dark Souls 2 first)

best 3 out 5....

Jack cw

after perusing the downgrade thread and reports of dodgy framerate, i cancelled my PS3 preorder. Just going to wait it out for the PC version.

I guess the its the same code on PC too. Mods might take some time. I'll grab the PC version once its in a steam sale in summer or hopefully a PS4 version next year...

-Ryn

Banned
Gotta hold out just a bit longer. Have been avoiding gameplay and spoilers all this time. No way am I giving in now!
Hope everyone is prepared to die!

Jack cw

So glad I've stayed away from all the spoiler threads around the internet, this first playthrough for me is going to be 100% blind. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Same for me! I hope amazon manages to get the CE of the game in time. I hate ordering CEs as they are sometimes delayed :/

Mana Sin

Seems like Amazon may have finally withdrawn my money, but there is still no notification of the game shipping either in my email or on the orders page. Interesting.

I wonder if it being a CE is an issue.

Feindflug

Hype levels are rising guys! it's a nice feeling knowing that in a few days we'll be able to explore a whole new world in the Souls series and share our experiences here.

BTW any other dude in here planning to get the game in both PS3 & 360 (and then also get the PC version) ? I know I do..thing is that I'm planning to play the game simultaneously.

The only bad thing is that I have to wait till friday but at least I have TW101 & Tropical Freeze to keep me busy until then. A movie marathon is not a bad idea too so I might do a Dario Argento endurance run. :D

I'm considering going 360 since it says the image is kinda muddy on PS3.

You need XBL gold for the online stuff, right?

Yep you need Gold.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm considering going 360 since it says the image is kinda muddy on PS3.

You need XBL gold for the online stuff, right?

Yup

I'm thinking about asking for a friend's 360 while waiting for the PC version, i don't even know if i can use the same account i use for Gold on X1 though

Muddy picture is not much of a problem to me but the screen tearing is something i hate

Hypron

Because it is supposed to be rare, so you can't get a strong weapon or armor in a short amount of time.

They're not rare in dark souls though. You can buy the smaller ones and the chunks have a 100% drop rate at kiln. Farming is just a waste of time, I'm glad the game is moving away from it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Because it is supposed to be rare, so you can't get a strong weapon or armor in a short amount of time.

Just gate when the drop would happen then. Making the farming suck doesn't stop people getting strong armour early on if they wanted to.

It's not like you can get slabs from random undead soldiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom