• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Did anyone who ordered a non-Black Armor Edition from Best Buy get a shipping notification yet? There isn't even a listing for it on the site anymore.

This will be the first time I've ever gone to a midnight launch for anything. It's also the first time I've ever ordered a Collector's Edition.

DS2 is breaking all sorts of firsts with me. See you guys tonight!

Toxi

Banned
Sexy.
SPOILERS There's also a not so subtle
rehash of Quelaag
SPOILERS
I'm not sure whether I'm disappointed or aroused.
I feel like I'm the only one who hated the Bartholomew trailer.
OH MY GOD,
PLEASE HELP ME,
KNEE DEEP IN THE RIVER TRYIN' TO GET CLEAN,
HE SAYS WASH YOUR HANDS, GET OUT THE STAINS
BUT YOU BEST BELIEVE, BOY, THERE'S HELL TO PAY,
YEAH YOU BEST BELIEVE BOY, THERE'S HELL TO PAY,
COME ON!

Shinjica

I think the reaction to the enemy despawns has been blown way out of proportion. I was concerned as well, but after about 25 hours of playtime, it really hasn't been an issue at all. For soul farming, your level will generally outpace your rate of soul intake by the time you eliminate an area's population. For example, I spent a while early on running a route that netted ~1200 souls per run. By the time the enemies went 'extinct', I was at an SL that required around 5000 souls to level, making that run pretty inefficient anyway. At that point, my character was also more than strong enough to handle the next 3-4 bosses.

From an item standpoint, I can see the concern, but I don't believe it's been an issue so far. I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard a rumor that enemies will drop their 'quota' before they despawn, so you should be able to collect whatever items you need before it kicks in. Even if that's not the case, it's really no different from the crystal lizards in Demon's Souls, or the Black Knights in Dark Souls.

Also, as other posters mentioned, there's always the
Bonfire Ascetic

It's quite different. Black knight, even if they didnt drop the weapon at their first encounter, you can kill them in the final level so you can always have their weapon.

Crystal lizard respawn if you cannot kill them, only dealing a killing blow stop them for reapparing. Only in demon's soul if you dont kill them they stop respawning.

Gorillaz

I was first interested in dark souls because of the bartholomew trailer when we saw sif with the sword in his mouth

I like damn, this game must be raw to have that big ass dog with a sword in its mouth

All Saints day trailer for DS1 did a better job with the "despair" feeling tho

Toxi

Banned
It's quite different. Black knight, even if they didnt drop the weapon at their first encounter, you can kill them in the final level so you can always have their weapon.

Crystal lizard respawn if you cannot kill them, only dealing a killing blow stop them for reapparing. Only in demon's soul if you dont kill them they stop respawning.
There are the armored boars and the gargoyles, which have only a few opportunities to get their gear.

Kazman

Neo Member
Any links for dark souls 2 streams? pm please?

JV0cvuT.gif

Toxi

Banned
They're guaranteed drops from the last one you kill.
Never realized that. I always assumed I just got lucky. :p

Hopefully they do the same thing in Dark Souls 2 for extinction. Would suck trying to grind gear like Channeler's Tridents or Titanite Chunks.

Conezays

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get off PSN tonight and double dip for PC later on. Bah.

Will this be 9 PM Pacific? Last time I downloaded at launch, GTA V was a bit of a nightmare in DL speed.

Jobbs

Banned
Never realized that. I always assumed I just got lucky. :p

Hopefully they do the same thing in Dark Souls 2 for extinction. Would suck trying to grind gear like Channeler's Tridents or Titanite Chunks.

Hopefully they DON'T. isn't it more fun getting a rare drop if your chances at getting it are limited? This is Dark Souls, not Gimmeeverything Souls

creyas

It's the Black Armor Edition case.

The standard edition is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Black-Armor-Edition-PlayStation/dp/B00F6YD2AK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394481009&sr=8-2&keywords=dark+souls+ii

Well go over to the standard tab to see what that looks like.

Sweet, looks way nicer than i expected. The bezels in all the material about the BA edition confused me.

Pretty worried that i might not be getting my BA by Friday (Europe), but i do want that, so ill probably just hang in there with Titanfall if that happens. :(

eot

Banned
Had time to reflect on the amount I've played this weekend, and my conclusion of the first 30ish hours: great game, but it's not DkS I level.

This is the vibe I'm getting, I haven't heard anyone say it's super duper amazing yet.
On the other hand I think Dark Souls is pretty inconsistent as well and a good amount of the bosses suck.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
As for Dark Souls 2 boss fights and enemies
Most people seem to have enjoyed the humanoid bosses but they do not want more of that it seems. There are obviously non humanoid bosses and the game has almost the double of bosses than DS1. The game also seems to be doing some things in order to make people play the NG+ doing more than just a buff on enemies so I would like to see how NG+ evolves with more playthroughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom