• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot24

Banned
How old am I? I can't have an opinion without being a 12 year old graphics whore or something? You can enjoy graphics AND gameplay you know. The mood and atmosphere of the stuff I had originally saw before going dark on the coverage was amazing. It's justifiable to be disappointed. The feel of Dark Souls is one of my favourite things about it. There's an entire thread on the subject(which is where I originally thought I was posting in but whatever).

Was actually referring to the high strung rage-gamer delivery in your post.

Astral

Now Amazon is saying my order is coming the 12th and not the 13th. I don't know what happened with this game but I don't think I'm gonna take the risk. I'll stick to gamestop.

mxgt

Banned
The doom and gloom in these threads is really disheartening.

Performances issues and lighting really aren't close to enough to put me off this game. Still gonna be game of the year, book it.

Kyuur

It was a bit rage-gamer but I was just surprised. There are so many bigger budget games that come out that just fall flat now. Anyway, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Dark Souls, although it has gained popularity, is still fairly niche. I doubt the budget is incredibly large compared to most mainstream blockbusters.

You forgot summoning a friend with Tranquil Walk of Peace. Let the FUN begin!

One guy pulled that combo during PvP yesterday. During introductions.

Fundamentally the same as a poison dagger in the face while casting CMW, but you don't get to pwn them for being a silly billy afterward.

*Sigh*

Eusis

My Black Armor edition hasn't even entered preparing to ship on Amazon... I should contact them if I want to make sure I get it tomorrow (or at least kill any hope of getting it if they screwed up allotment) shouldn't I?

Nintyb

Banned
My Black Armor edition hasn't even entered preparing to ship on Amazon... I should contact them if I want to make sure I get it tomorrow (or at least kill any hope of getting it if they screwed up allotment) shouldn't I?

I just canceled mine. It was listed as preparing to ship for 10 hours. I'll just walk into Walmart and buy it.

Tomorrow all my patience in avoiding streams and previews pays off. The only knowledge I have going into the game are certain parts of Huntsman's Copse and the Mirror Knight boss.

Woooooow killing NPC's means nothing now? You can revive them for a meagre amount of souls. Surely there has to be some repercussions for killing them. I think theres little doubt either Namco or FROm have decided to make this franchise more "accessible".

Einbroch

Banned
ibluGwTdLoOocA.png

Hnnnng.

Brohan

Woooooow killing NPC's means nothing now? You can revive them for a meagre amount of souls. Surely there has to be some repercussions for killing them. I think theres little doubt either Namco or FROm have decided to make this franchise more "accessible".

You only temporarily revive them and it'll cost more and more each time you want to ''revive'' them.

I'm going to do my best to not care about this, even though I disagree with the design choice. I never kill an NPC unless I'm certain they have nothing left to offer me anyways, so in the case of my game dead will always be dead. I'm not going to kill someone for their weapon and and just revive them every time I need their help.

I actually think the idea of reviving dead NPCs makes sense in the context of the world - we did it with the Firekeeper of Firelink Shrine after all - but I still think there should be greater repercussions for it than paying a soul premium.

Eusis

I just canceled mine. It was listed as preparing to ship for 10 hours. I'll just walk into Walmart and buy it.
Considering it since I didn't even have THAT much (though I think once it's "preparing to ship" you're safe, even if it ships at like 9 PM) and I had similar issues crop up with Dark Souls 1. Should've known better and just pre-ordered from GameStop in the first damn place, especially as I went there for Atelier Escha & Logy anyway.

Welp made it through work on Monday somehow. 1 more workday tomorrow then I'll have the game to myself for 5 and half death-filled, antisocial vacation days.

Nuszka

So hyped for this game , i am willing to cancel my EU psn preorder just to get it three days early by buying it on the US psn. Just need a confirmation from anyone owning the game that as i live in europe i will not be locked to the server from witch i purchased the game from as it was the case wit ds, are the rumors about online filter confirmed ? Thanks in advance for any response.

I skimmed through the video as to avoid big spoilers, but damn, I think it looks awesome. I'm not that picky on graphics, though. Love the lighting in that hub area - gorgeous.

This is one change I don't really mind. I have accidentally attacked a NPC before, and it annoyed the shit outta me there was no way to make them not be aggressive. I think I would have preferred From just make a way to make NPCs not aggressive rather than being able to revive them, but I'll take what I can get.

Toxi

Banned
One guy pulled that combo during PvP yesterday. During introductions.

Fundamentally the same as a poison dagger in the face while casting CMW, but you don't get to pwn them for being a silly billy afterward.

*Sigh*
I'm not sure how you can make that comparison. One is a bit of poison meter, the other is a combination of an overpowered spell and the most hideously broken thing in the game.

Thank Christ for Great Magic Barrier.

Zukuu

Banned
forced v-sync in fast, reaction based games are a disease. sure go with it in any slow paced game, but i dont want that shit in my fast paced games. it's like playing underwater.

todd360

I have so many games to play but I still feel like I need to go buy this game at gamestop tomorrow. I must be strong and wait for the pc version.

I skimmed through the video as to avoid big spoilers, but damn, I think it looks awesome. I'm not that picky on graphics, though. Love the lighting in that hub area - gorgeous.

This is one change I don't really mind. I have accidentally attacked a NPC before, and it annoyed the shit outta me there was no way to make them not be aggressive. I think I would have preferred From just make a way to make NPCs not aggressive rather than being able to revive them, but I'll take what I can get.

Bro there was a way. You talk to Oswald and absolve your sins.

convo

I think i am able to get over people turning their back to this game because of their own disappointment with the visuals now.You don't have to have the souls games in your heart or on your mind at all times to be a happy person.
That makes waiting for a better experience ,in their eyes, worth the while i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom