• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
Bah, I'll be pissed if no midnight download-otherwise I'm buying it in store tomorrow. Fuck.

I'm thinking that has to be a mistake on the Dark Souls Reddit page. I bet they will unlock it by 12:30 tonight. They do with every other big day 1 digital release.

How are those hype levels guys?
tumblr_inline_mvgm74pZi01rwzep2.gif

Eh, DSII sounds pretty cool I guess. I guess I'll play it a bit when it comes out. Probably.

Apologies as i'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but why is Amazon no loner selling the PS3 black armor edition? I was trying to order it on friday but couldn't and was gonna check out a few stores, but it seems i preordered it back in september and totally forgot.

Apologies as i'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but why is Amazon no loner selling the PS3 black armor edition? I was trying to order it on friday but couldn't and was gonna check out a few stores, but it seems i preordered it back in september and totally forgot.

From what I can tell, since the black armour edition is in limited stock, everytime Amazon gets some in they put it back up for pre-order. So obviously when it goes out of stock it displays the generic "email me when item is available" message.

sixghost

My hype was through the roof before the downgrade stuff and all the negativity surrounding that, it deflated my hype quite a bit.. but i'll probably forget about all of that when i put the disc into my PS3 tomorrow.

Dark Souls didn't exactly look great on 360 or PS3. Did you enjoy that game?

From what I can tell, since the black armour edition is in limited stock, everytime Amazon gets some in they put it back up for pre-order. So obviously when it goes out of stock it displays the generic "email me when item is available" message.

Oh so it's a sellout kinda deal? Ok that's all good since i got mine. Really want the game to do well for FROM, need more games like this out there.

Eusis

It's worth noting GameStop's site doesn't list it and at least my local GameStop apparently doesn't have spare stock. This isn't one of those first print run editions even though it kind of looks like one.

vilmer_

I'm thinking that has to be a mistake on the Dark Souls Reddit page. I bet they will unlock it by 12:30 tonight. They do with every other big day 1 digital release.

I sure hope so. If it unlocks at 12-12:30 eastern I'll most likely double dip and grab it digitally.

Brohan

For me it's not so much about the graphics, more about the ''having to light dark places with a torch to be able to see anything'' game mechanic, which seems to be gone now.

And i think it's also mainly the negativity of others influencing me and my hype.

M.D

So...

I can try and order the CE with the Knight figurine for what would be about 64 pounds, but I'm not sure if the store will actually let me buy it for the price on the website since its clearly an error... even then, not sure that I should buy it.. its so expensive :(

Shinjica

Is not about graphics but atmosphere. If a dark place is not dark anymore and you can see without torch, the game has lost some of his essence.

It's not that game is completely ruined (insert preorder cancelled here) still a better dark/light would have really make the game on another level.

I'm hoping no online issues pop up at release.

I went through the entirety of Dark Souls only seeing one or two people total due to how the online was borked for the first month or so.

The lighting issue isn't something that I would cancel a pre-order over. I mean it would be great to see what the game would look like with it but I think it will still look interesting also considering Demon's and Dark Souls had the same type of lighting and I enjoyed the aesthetics for those.

Perhaps From will talk about this in an interview or something later on.

Despera

Banned
So I have the game but my PS3 turned out to be at my friend's house... and my friend is out of town...

fuck me right?

I almost bought a new PS3.

convo

Oh people are going to find places that are pretty dark in this game.Even when there aren't that many dark places to go around i think the torch has enough uses other than that to not be a complete gimmick. Maybe they realized that going through a dark place without a shield wasn't that good of a trade of to begin with.

So I have the game but my PS3 turned out to be at my friend's house... and my friend is out of town...

fuck me right?

I almost bought a new PS3.

For some reason I picture a Dark Souls version of Curb Your Enthusiasm where you break into your friend's home to get your PS3 but are caught by his neighbors or something.

Multiplayer was switched to servers from player-to-player last I remembered, so... Expect server crashes. :p

I diggity.

Hope they put those Bamco dollars into some early patches then. :p

I don't know what kind of class I'll play but I'm hoping to make a bow focused character.

Would be a nice change from my traditional Souls style (spear and shield for risk free poking).

AngryMoth

It has just occurred to me that I could get this a few days early by buying it on the US psn store. I would really like to have a physical copy but this is a mighty tempting thought...

dreamfall

I'm looking forward to some major GAF impressions. PC bros/gals, I stand with thee in solidarity - we're going to need a support group for this insufferable wait.

ironcreed

Banned
It has just occurred to me that I could get this a few days early by buying it on the US psn store. I would really like to have a physical copy but this is a mighty tempting thought...

It's only like 5.1 GB. Join us in the covenant of digital and hopefully we will be downloading tonight.

Uiki

You can get the lightning sword by killing the guy in white sitting down next to a tree in forest of the giants. If you don't want to kill him (not sure if it affects something later in the game), you can get a flame longsword before the 2nd bonfire in forest of the giants by dropping down into the wooded area below (that you can see once you're on the roof of the building you enter) and there is a cave with a dragon/worm thing that shoots fire. There is a door on the left (that you can open between fireball shots) that contains a flame longsword. Beware of the 2 guys that ambush you from the outside of the cave once you enter, though. There is also a morning star (club weapon) that deals 120 damage in the starting town of majula. You have to jump onto the little cliff (to the left) near the entrance of forest of the giants. Kinda easy to miss, but you can see the corpse on the right on a cliff once you first enter majula (right outside the exit to 'things betwixed')

I'm still using the flame longsword (+6 now) and I didn't found anything worth using in 20 hours :/

DId you find a uchigatana somewhere?

With the great artwork the Souls series usually has I really hope we get some Steam cards for the game. I want a Darksouls badge, background and emotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom