• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_miyiqbW7Vq1qjnbtgo3_250.gif

judgmental mushrooms, they disgust me, UGH!

Antagon

When was the last time you actually played a
PS2 game? Because I played King's Field IV all the way through in January and no, in no way does DkS2 look like a ps2 game.

Well, the stream really does make the game look bad. But that's because of the low bitrate, it looks way better on the gamespot video.

My gamestop order still hasn't shipped(did misread the email a day or so ago) despite having one day shipping. Had a giftcard that I used which is why I didn't go through amazon. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow can one get the shipping refunded?

sublimit

Banned
For those who are watching the streams are the walking/running animations still look floaty (as if the feet are sliding to the ground)?

Fhtagn

I've been playing Nier and now that is a game where I keep thinking "these environments look like they were designed for a PS2 capable of vast draw distance and higher res textures." (The character models are way better, and I am enjoying Nier a lot, so please don't take this the wrong way) but nothing I've seen in the Souls games has the same vibe. Granted I have not been watching the streams so I've only seen a few areas.

Anyone here get the guide early? Wondering if it makes any mention of having to use torches to be able to see and what screenshots it uses.

B-Dex

PSN store won't let me add anything to cart. And the web version constantly asks me to login on every page. Something is surely wrong with it still. This is what happens when I wait till the last minute to pre order a digital copy. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's been up for me for most of the afternoon - I think the maintenance should have ended like four or so hours ago. Maybe check to see if you're logged in for sure?

Tomorrow at 12:01 EST iirc.

I keep getting an error has occured when trying to add the item to your cart. I get it on psn and the website

Gamestop ran out of copies for midnight tonight so I decided to just buy the digital version, I need this maintinence to get done with so I can download it in time!

aFIGurANT

I keep getting an error has occured when trying to add the item to your cart. I get it on psn and the website

I know shit all about the PS3 thing but it sounds like the maintenance is there to help with people getting DkS II so they'll probably (hopefully) get it done in time for people to be playing early in the AM.

Personally I went physical and so I won't worry about woeful download speeds or crashes when the masses are loosed on the network.

Sanctuary

Looks like a ps2 game != looks like the best possible ps2 game, and even then, PS2 games look in general way worse than you realize. Even MGS 3 Snake Eater looks like shit on my HD tv when played on my PS2.

That's why you play PS2 games on PCSX2 at much higher resolutions. So technically speaking, Dark Souls 2 may indeed look like some PS2 games in certain areas. Just not running off of the PS2 itself.

Eusis

And it's entering shipping afterall for Amazon. Though if they don't ship it by the morning I guess I'll have a repeat of DS1's CE.

Mana Sin

Looks like Amazon has shipped my PS3 CE and the guide. Expected delivery for both is tomorrow.

So why isn't it tomorrow yet? Soon, soon.

tookhster

WTF Youtube.....I just went to my Youtube homepage and on the "Recommended" section at the very top I saw a video for a DS2 boss I never heard about that was uploaded 4 days ago.

Pissed but I think I can survive staying away from the there for the next 5 hours. They really need to change that recommended video crap, it always has spoilers or endings to games I've browsed for.

GRIP

Should have the game waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow. Can't fucking wait. Might even take off a little early. Priorities.

Dresden

Kinda regret going for a physical copy now (damn you fancy steel case), but it's already shipped... oh well. Hope UPS gets here earlier than 6PM this time.

Eusis

WTF Youtube.....I just went to my Youtube homepage and on the "Recommended" section at the very top I saw a video for a DS2 boss I never heard about that was uploaded 4 days ago.

Pissed but I think I can survive staying away from the there for the next 5 hours. They really need to change that recommended video crap, it always has spoilers or endings to games I've browsed for.
Yeah, it's something I sort of hate about Youtube. Oh hey let's catch this moment in a show again or check out a bit of music HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT A BIG LATE SERIES EVENT AS A RECOMMENDATION!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom