• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
I have to ask...does it look sort of
translucent the way it did in demon's souls?
It's still more opaque than the Demon's Souls one and it doesn't look translucent to me, but it's back to the old bright and clear beautiful blue and it looks great. They really got the right color this time.

Dresden

Holy shit, I accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread instead of this one and saw something beautiful. Spoilers...

The Moonlight Sword is back and looks better than it ever has. I'm not even mad.

FROM would truly have lost their way if this wasn't in the game.

Gorillaz

so guys..I can definitely walk into walmart and buy a copy at midnight right?

I havn't done this in years but I want to know if they usually start selling it then regardless

Soriku

I found the stat requirement and scaling for that weapon.

18 STR
18 DEX
18 INT

It scales A with INT

Wonder if it remains as good...

koryuken

Just a side-note,I have spent quite some time doing PvP in DS. Based on the skill points calculator, I would estimate that the PVP cap is going to be SL160. This accommodates the most builds while being equivalent to the SL100-120 in DS. I'm calling it now :)

fedexpeon

Banned
Guess I will have to go to the TF midnight release to get DS2...Amazon is saying "Shipping Now" meaning that I won't get it until 3/12 -3/13.

Krakn3Dfx

Anyone know if retail stores will have a stock of Black Armor Editions on launch day, or are those only for people who have pre-ordered?

If I'm just going to end up with a standard edition, I'll probably continue to wait for the PC version I have pre-ordered on GMG at this point.

Jobbs

Banned
I've been planning Bandit all this time, but I may take a last minute swerve and make my first char a cleric because that was my first Dark Souls character and it just seems right..

BTW, again, if you want to get this at midnight PST on PSN, fucking preorder, Namco rep said this will only be available at midnight if you preordered! Otherwise you'll have to wait until the store update, which could be later on in the afternoon or evening. Don't say I didn't warn you!

I'm going to be so distracted at work tomorrow. Dark Souls II CE waiting for me at GameStop all day while I'm stuck inside pushing papers around. Siiiiiiigh.

Can't decide if I'm going to use my hour lunch break to eat or go pick up the game and get 20-30 minutes of playtime in.

Who am I kidding I've already decided.

I've been planning Bandit all this time, but I may take a last minute swerve and make my first char a cleric because that was my first Dark Souls character and it just seems right..

BTW, again, if you want to get this at midnight PST on PSN, fucking preorder, Namco rep said this will only be available at midnight if you preordered! Otherwise you'll have to wait until the store update, which could be later on in the afternoon or evening. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Thanks for the tip. Also, PSN is working for me now, if people were getting errors earlier.

It's still more opaque than the Demon's Souls one and it doesn't look translucent to me, but it's back to the old bright and clear beautiful blue and it looks great. They really got the right color this time.

Hype! Thats great to hear, I adore
MLGS.
Sorry I don't wanna look there and be tempted to get spoiled on other stuff but did you happen to notice
if this version still shoots magic laser beams?
Thank you.

void666

Banned
Approx. 6gb, can only preload if you are on Euro PSN.

Thanks.
Actually pre-load won't make any difference. I can only play tomorrow after work anyway.

After reading what the Namco rep said, that it'll be available on PSN at midnight PST *only* for those who preordered, I went ahead and preordered. No preload.

I'll probably sleep until 3am, get up and start the download, then nap a bit more and get up and

I... i think i'll do it. I'm buying this game for my ps3. I feel so dirty. Me, a proud member of the pc master race. I told myself i'd wait patiently for the pc version.

FaintDeftone

I think I may go Bandit, which seems like the best balance of stats, but the fact that I can't use magic in critical moments sort of makes me nervous. The Pyromancer abilities certainly got me out of a few rough spots in Dark Souls.

vilmer_

So it's confirmed midnight PST then. Not staying up until 3am :/ I'll just wait until the 'morrow.

I... i think i'll do it. I'm buying this game for my ps3. I feel so dirty. Me, a proud member of the pc master race. I told myself i'd wait patiently for the pc version.

Also a proud member. However this is a new Souls game, and there's no way in hell I can force myself to wait over a month just for shinier graphics :p

oroboros

I have always thought something like Diablo ladders and POE Leagues would be a great fit as a side mode in Dark Souls games. A 2 hour race to see who can get farther etc.

That would be great for a different kind of PvP competition rather than just killing each other. Also I'd love Souls games to have a roguelike mode with permadeath and some random generated dungeon you have to try to go deeper and deeper into each time never knowing what the fuck you'll come up against or find.

Soriku

Hype! Thats great to hear, I adore
MLGS.
Sorry I don't wanna look there and be tempted to get spoiled on other stuff but did you happen to notice
if this version still shoots magic laser beams?
Thank you.

It still does according to GameFAQs.

Also, I'd post this in the spoiler thread, but since we discussed NG+ openly here I'll just post this.

When using bonfire ascetic,
the area around that bonfire is permanently scaled up to the next NG+ rank.
So it seems like
you can get everything on a first playthrough
?

NG+ adds
new enemies, bosses, items, weapons, and armor, as well as gives old enemies some new tricks.

NG++ adds
a small handful of new boss-soul weapons.

Anything beyond, the game just gets harder.

Info from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/68757346

Hag

Nice tip. Just preordered mine. Thanks.

Jobbs

Banned
So it's confirmed midnight PST then. Not staying up until 3am :/ I'll just wait until the 'morrow.

Also a proud member. However this is a new Souls game, and there's no way in hell I can force myself to wait over a month just for shinier graphics :p

I'm gonna set an alarm for 3am, get up and start the download, then back to bed. it'll be the perfect morning.

Zeliard

I just pre-ordered it through PSN.

Black armor weapon sets as pre-order bonuses are rather questionable. :/

Hope they're not overpowered, as these things typically tend to be.

Jobbs

Banned

I won't be using the DLC code. I have no interest in diluting my pure souls experience because they wanted to do a promotion. I want to find everything myself.

Black armor weapon set is rather questionable. :/

I decided I am not gonna download that weapon set. I am curious to see where you would normally get those items along the way.

Raxus

I hope they are and they have nerfed lighting effects. Perfect storm!

I seriously doubt they would hand over an armor that is statistically better than every armor in the game. It is everything Dark Souls is not.

Gorillaz

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't want to get it digital since I like have a case with my stuff

but it usually runs better digital....but I want that steel case...but I can down load it right at midnight EST if I get it preordered on PSN right?

halp

Ghazi

They're all available in-game, you just get them earlier.

That said, I won't use my code either.

Well, they can also be found in the regular game so I will not be using that code. But yeah, I agree.

Edit: Beaten

Mana Sin

I'll use the code, play with the weapons for a little bit, then never use them again (on my first playthrough).

I want to make a magical knight. I have no idea if that's viable, but I'm going to do it anyway.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't want to get it digital since I like have a case with my stuff

but it usually runs better digital....but I want that steel case...but I can down load it right at midnight EST if I get it preordered on PSN right?

halp

Midnight PST actually. So maybe that helps.

Does anyone have a suggestion one way or another? I suppose starting class doesn't really matter much in the long run...

I'm going to suggest cleric. That's what I'm doing, anyway. I'm going to take a gamble at perhaps making a pure faith build with whatever faith-based weapon upgrade path is available and hope they're actually worthwhile this time. If not I guess I'll respec and go strength/faith. Also cleric has less adaptibility, which I'm going to need to see in action before I'm convinced it's a worthwhile skill.

That said, if you're going to go the knight route and hold out for some faith-based weapon buffs that's certainly viable as well. Possibly more so, if the last game was any proof.

It's so exciting not knowing what I'm doing!

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Wow, the OST seems much better than dark souls 1. More like demon souls actually. Very fucking intense most of the time. Boss battles will give me an heart attack o_o;

Ghazi

is it possible to use the code but simply not allow them to be used on your first playthrough?

You could use the code, then delete the content so you could download it later again.

Or you could redeem and download, and just avoid using the weapons and armor.

I'm just going to save it for my casual friends who always complain about difficulty, maybe they'll play more with (maybe) OP stuff at the beginning, which would be fun.

nowai

hk8S2PS.png

does this mean I cannow get my game from them? Still 10th in here.

My account says the same thing for Best Buy.

I just called them and they said they have received it, but they can't release it until midnight on the 11th. They did say they will have two lines though, one for pre-orders and one for purchasing.

Hopefully they will move the pre-order people quickly!

FrankWza

I'll take a code if anyone is giving them away. I'm gonna end up getting this on ps3 after all. But I have to walk in and get one so I can get black armor since preorder are done.

Zeliard

I'll take a code if anyone is giving them away. I'm gonna end up getting this on ps3 after all. But I have to walk in and get one so I can get black armor since preorder are done.

I can give you my code when I get it. I have no interest at all in using it.

oroboros

Shit I need to boot up my PS3 and start deleting shit before download time. I know it's almost full right now and no way I have enough room for this game as it is. Is there any type of defrag process you can do on PS3 hard drive to get it's performance even tighter or anything else like that?

Seance

Banned
This is a longshot but does anyone have info on any stores selling copies early in New Zealand?

I've endured almost 14 hours of March 11th without Dark Souls 2 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom