• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filth

Are the dark soul servers online? It says they aren't online but I'm not sure if I'm getting that because I don't have Xbox live. If they are online I'll buy gold for a month

Eusis

Are the dark soul servers online? It says they aren't online but I'm not sure if I'm getting that because I don't have Xbox live. If they are online I'll buy gold for a month
Man, on that note Gold reminded me that even if I didn't have a weird OCD about keeping games on their "correct platform" based on series history (within reason, I wasn't going to put up with MM:AC button swapping BS to get a Nintendo collection) the free online edges out resubscribing to XBL JUST for a bit of better performance. Not that I wouldn't get DSII for dirt cheap on Xbox later down the road if I really like this installment like I did DS1, but for my initial experience I NEED the online there, more than I need better performance when it's not even a 60/30 difference, nevermind that I do prefer to avoid screen tearing and the difference isn't Bayonetta big it seems.

I need this game now!

99e.gif

ironcreed

Banned
Dark Souls fucking II. Can't believe it's here and can't wait to be pulverized into dust until I achieve victory. Nothing else generates such excitement and dread at the same time... nothing. A whole new and even bigger game packed with new areas, gear, enemies and experiences awaits us.

Yeah, i would probably save such a Challenge for a second or third run.

No weapon/no armor/no bonfire runs, I guess.

Dark Souls fucking II. Can't believe it's here and can't wait to be pulverized into dust until I achieve victory. Nothing else generates such excitement and dread at the same time... nothing. A whole new and even bigger game packed with new areas, gear, enemies and experiences awaits us.
Someone put this on the back of the box.

tookhster

does this mean I cannow get my game from them? Still 10th in here.

I say go for it or at least call them and make sure. Did you get an email saying it's ready for pickup? (Best Buy did this for me) Or maybe they're doing a midnight release (with Titanfall) and telling you to pick it up at midnight?

My package is in transit, only a hundred miles away.

I'm gonna need a party to raid the UPS depot in Indianapolis. Who's game? Gonna need a Sorcerer, Knight, and Bandit. I can't guarantee you'll make it back.

LOL, sorry. I'm just excited. Not many games give me that kind of feeling.
Don't be! I love seeing people genuinely excited for a game. Souls is one of the only series out there that instills that sort of fervor.

Gorillaz

Damn at the guy trying to sl1 his first playthrough.

lol that's for casuls

real hardcore players do their first playthrough with instadeath, deleting the character upon death, and smashing the disc itself afterwards

and if it's digital then you must destroy the console/PC

ijed

Man, on that note Gold reminded me that even if I didn't have a weird OCD about keeping games on their "correct platform" based on series history ... the free online edges out resubscribing to XBL JUST for a bit of better performance.

PS3 is the correct platform though?

I have always thought something like Diablo ladders and POE Leagues would be a great fit as a side mode in Dark Souls games. A 2 hour race to see who can get farther etc.

Grisby

Should be picking this up in a few hours along with Titanfall.

If only I had more hands so I could play both at the same time.

void666

Banned
I think i'll buy it through psn and then later when it's on sale i buy it on steam.
How big is the download? Can i pre-load? Probably not, but...

iori9999

Banned
Preordered the standard game at Gamestop.. Debating whether to go at midnight to pick it up or in the morning.. Starting to think I should have just bought this on PSN and fish for the LE later on..

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Preordered the standard game at Gamestop.. Debating whether to go at midnight to pick it up or in the morning.. Starting to think I should have just bought this on PSN and fish for the LE later on..

Im just gonna wait tommorow. Odds are i'll probably pass out playing it and i dont want to miss things. Better to start of nice and fresh.

Holy shit, I accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread instead of this one and saw something beautiful. Spoilers...

The Moonlight Sword is back and looks better than it ever has. I'm not even mad.

I have to ask...does it look sort of
translucent the way it did in demon's souls?

Eusis

PS3 is the correct platform though?
People have noted higher FPS on 360 but V-sync on PS3. It wasn't like there was an easily discernable difference in Dark Souls anyway, but we'll need a Digital Foundry breakdown to know for sure. Might be like Dragon's Dogma where the differences are so slight it really is just down to personal preference.

Though to be honest controller preference + being put off to Microsoft as of late may've been enough to keep me on PS3 anyway even without weird obsessions about keeping a series on the right platform or a more sensible v-sync preference. O's easier to hold down with my index finger than B due to the button textures, the 360 D-Pad's hot garbage and LB/RB aren't as comfortable to use for this as L1/R1 are, and as primary action buttons that's kind of important.

Jobbs

Banned
I think i'll buy it through psn and then later when it's on sale i buy it on steam.
How big is the download? Can i pre-load? Probably not, but...

After reading what the Namco rep said, that it'll be available on PSN at midnight PST *only* for those who preordered, I went ahead and preordered. No preload.

I'll probably sleep until 3am, get up and start the download, then nap a bit more and get up and

praise_the_sun_by_gamers_anonymous-d4lmxms.png

FaintDeftone

Still debating on going to the midnight release or not for both Titanfall and Dark Souls II. I probably won't be able to play either until after work tomorrow, but man do I enjoy some midnight launches. I know I would be too damn tempted NOT to start this up tonight and probably end up getting zero sleep.

<snip>
On another note, I’m planning to go with a Paladin build in my first play through. I’m torn on starting classes between Knight and Cleric. What say you GAF?

Does anyone have a suggestion one way or another? I suppose starting class doesn't really matter much in the long run...

Jobbs

Banned
So it goes live in about 7 hours? Need to take my mind of this game, the wait is becoming unbearable.

Yep, under 7 hours now and the download goes live "if you preordered".

It's becoming intense. I've managed to make it this far without watching streams or any substantive content of the game (I have been a *little* bad in the sense that I've poked around at some early area gameplay videos, but only for a very limited time).

fedexpeon

Banned
hk8S2PS.png

does this mean I cannow get my game from them? Still 10th in here.

Is that Walmart or Bestbuy?
They have the same website design for their instore pickup...but if it is showing up as Ready to Pick Up, hope it is WM since the manager can overwrite any street date.
It happened to me with ME3, and I just gave them my phone with the Pickup confirmation page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom