• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You can get the lightning sword by killing the guy in white sitting down next to a tree in forest of the giants. If you don't want to kill him (not sure if it affects something later in the game), you can get a flame longsword before the 2nd bonfire in forest of the giants by dropping down into the wooded area below (that you can see once you're on the roof of the building you enter) and there is a cave with a dragon/worm thing that shoots fire. There is a door on the left (that you can open between fireball shots) that contains a flame longsword. Beware of the 2 guys that ambush you from the outside of the cave once you enter, though. There is also a morning star (club weapon) that deals 120 damage in the starting town of majula. You have to jump onto the little cliff (to the left) near the entrance of forest of the giants. Kinda easy to miss, but you can see the corpse on the right on a cliff once you first enter majula (right outside the exit to 'things betwixed')

Bookmarked! Thank you kindly, sir.

And yes... this is how I prefer to play these games ;)

Gorillaz

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;103876602 said:
Hey can anyone tell me if I can go to BestBuy for their Titanfall midnight release and buy DS2?

"What is a Dark Souls 2? is that some sort of custom camo for a titan?, speaking of which did you know titanfall is coming out tonight?"

I haven't looked into this game much despite being extremely excited, so I was pouring over the OP and noticed that summoned players can only stay in your game for a limited amount of time this time? Why is that? One of my favorite things about the others was teaming up and roaming around.

It seems there was a problem where noobs would summon experienced people to do the whole level for them while they just hung back. A terrible way to play to the game I agree, but I don't like the sound of this solution.

It's hard to engage in jolly co-operation when the clock is constantly ticking. But I guess we'll see how it goes.

hk8S2PS.png

does this mean I cannow get my game from them? Still 10th in here.

UPDATE: Went to BB anyway since I have to go out and buy something to eat.. And as expected they told me to pickup the game tomorrow. Didn't bother to ask if they will doing a midnight release as I'm certain I will be picking the game up tomorrow afternoon. I ain't even mad lol. I'm hyped though for the reviews coming. :)

Eusis

"What is a Dark Souls 2? is that some sort of custom camo for a titan?, speaking of which did you know titanfall is coming out tonight?"
Given the sales Dark Souls racked up and the fact Titanfall's a new series I honestly expect they're both almost equally well known currently.

Now Atelier Escha & Logy, that'd probably sound like something in a fantasy game like Dark Souls to someone who doesn't know better.

Does Walmart put out their stuff at midnight or some weird time like 3am? I think I might venture to the depths of hell to get this tonight instead of waiting till UPS drops off my copy at 7pm.

tookhster

I'm curious about how the Titanfall : Dark Souls 2 fan ratio is going to be at my Gamestop at midnight.

I always feel like I'm the only one in my area that plays Dark Souls.

Robot Pants

Picking up my PS3 CE at the midnight release. Anybody who has gotten it and played a fair amount yet...is the music just as good as Dark Souls 1? Even better? I must know :D
Music so far is even better.
Couple things bother me. Like for instance why change certain terms in the game?
Before "Drop Item" was very self explanatory. Now we have "Leave" and "Discard".
Discard to me seems closer to Drop Item than Leave so I clicked that one...... Not what I wanted. That completely eliminates it from the game. "Leave" is the new drop item.
Now the reasons for this making me upset is because there is a spot very early in the game where you can
drop something for a reward.
Dark Souls 1 fans will recognize it immediately. So I chose the wrong option and now I'm SOL cause my item is gone. And like I said this is early in the game and very easy to fuck up since you've had no experience with these new terms. I'm also fairly positive I discarded my torch somehow because there's a "Discard selected items" option and now when I'm at a bonfire or lit pedestal, I don't have the option to light a torch anymore.

My point being is why the need to change those terms? Really unnecessary and if they aren't gonna bother to change the loading screens or saving icons from the first game, why change the terminology? Eh.

Persona7

Banned
Does Walmart put out their stuff at midnight or some weird time like 3am? I think I might venture to the depths of hell to get this tonight instead of waiting till UPS drops off my copy at 7pm.

Depends on the store. If the employee won't help just ask for the manager and you will most likely get it if they have it in stock.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Holy shit. From did it. Spoiler, but read if you want to get hyped

they defeated the curse that is lost izalith and made one HECK of a fire level.

And it looks incredible. Wait til you guys get there, wow will be said.

That's 2 great areas in a row. My play session today was amazing. The further in, the better it seems to get

Ken

I challenge you all to go dual-wielding.

Swordsman at the moment. It's pretty fun. :eek:

Also this game doesn't look too terrible. I didn't follow the lighting stuff at all but so far the graphics fall in line with my expectations of a FROM game.

Toxi

Banned
I'm more of a two-handing giant weapon traditionalist.
Holy shit. From did it. Spoiler, but read if you want to get hyped

they defeated the curse that is lost izalith and made one HECK of a fire level.

And it looks incredible. Wait til you guys get there, wow will be said.

That's 2 great areas in a row. My play session today was amazing. The further in, the better it seems to get
OH SHIT I'M SO EXCITED BUT I'M SO ANGRY FOR SPOILING MYSELF
tumblr_n229bwyOPq1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Deitus

I was already planning on doing just that. I played both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls as a mage with an enchanted (or crescent in Demon's) 1-handed sword and a shield, so dual wielding will be a nice change of pace.

I'll probably carry a shield around with me (unequipped), just for situations like Anor Londo rafters, where dodging isn't really an option. But other than that, dual wielding all the way.

Edit: My order is still "Preparing to ship" from Amazon. Just hurry up and ship it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom