• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo! Got it.

Hey are you guys going to use the black armor set or do you consider it cheating?

Thats a great question. I don't know if its cheating, but man do those weapons look like an ugly afterthought.

I think I might skip them, but I'm more passing judgement on publishers squeezing people for more pre-orders with bonuses that alter a games difficulty than I am passing judgement on players who've paid for it so figure they might as well use it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
invading_knight_lautrec_of_carim_by_endless_1-d75oqcd.gif

Still the best DS gif

Gah. After dodging all media about the game for the last month or so (and avoiding even minor spoilers) I inadvertently stumbled on my first spoiler tonight.

It's gonna be a long wait until April 25th. Might just have to turn off the internet until then. (Yeah, that's never going to happen.)

Gorillaz

Installing now

So servers are offline huh? Lol well offline it is then can't wait for dat opening cinematic

edit: these servers are fucking dead haha

neoemonk

I didn't know Black Armor edition came with a dynamic theme on PS3. Even if you don't want to use the gear you might want to try out the theme.

Character creation kinda disapointing. Couldn't even bring all the hairs back from Dark souls?

It's also running a little rough, the intro is strange.

Game is just weird in general so far.

Toxi

Banned
I didn't realize only Japanese developed games have server issues at launch.
No, but it's always difficult dealing with a net structure that's really shitty compared to your own, especially when you're switching back to servers after your last Souls game was player-to-player.

Watching the giantbomb quicklook and it's odd as like Dynasty Warriors there are moments where it briefly runs at 60 FPS out of nowhere. Gets me hyped for the pc version at least. Hope my PS3 CE arrives tomorrow, don't know how long I'll be able to avoid reading on.

Minamu

I haven't preordered my copy and I don't think I'll need to, but I was just thinking, are there any pros for going digital in this case? My ps3 hdd is small, 40gb, and it can only carry 2-3 game installs tops thanks to loads of dlc etc (not that I'll ever uninstall this, heh). I don't care about the hard case or preorder weapons, the prices seem fairly similar across shops and online including psn here in EU. Any word of performance improvements thanks to being installed?
Ehum :) disc or download?!

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So my first death in dark souls 2 is at the freaking start of the game I walk directly off a cliff looking for items LOL Didnt even make a character yet

Gorillaz

are we allowed to actually talk about the game at this point?

because I'm at the class/gift screen and one of the items doesn't even have a fucking description. It's just

"it does something"

edit: gotta love mobile autocorrect

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
are we aloud to actually talk about the game at this point?

because I'm at the class/gift screen and one of the items doesn't even have a fucking description. It's just

"it does something"
None of the starting gifts are as broken as the master key so you can choose whatever you'd like

If you want to know what that specific item does,
you can trade it to this game's snuggly for 1 of 3 random items - a whip, a slab, or a ring that makes you look like a white phantom

Bah what gift should I get is this
seed of a tree of giants going to give me something amazing later on?
It's a consumable
and lets you make enemies in the area you use it attack invaders as well

Astral

I'm playing what I'm assuming is the prologue and it's asking me to recall my name. Does this part matter?
I'll get to name my actual character later right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom