• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
Looking like it might be 12:00 Pacific for the digital download. Meaning 3:00 for me on the east coast. Gonna go catch a flick while I wait. Have fun, fellow undead.

Gorillaz

I picked it, hopefully it isn't pendant 2.0

also did anyone else act like a smartass and went the other direction at the start? Like right after the opening cinematics? I got fucked up and
attacked that monster

Dead in 2 seconds
tLQ8B.png

got a trophy for it

"this is dark souls"

Toxi

Banned
Good. Last thing this game needs is to have pathetic fanservice. Demon's Souls didn't have none of that crap and was better for it.
Poor Miyazaki.
Hatayama: Can I ask about Gwynevere, because compared to the other female charters she's very different, almost glamorous.

Miyazaki: …. You don't like the design?

Hatayama: No, I just wanted to know what the original idea behind it was.

Otsuka: As a fan of the character I'd be interested to hear that too. Haha.

Miyazaki: Well, the truth is, I just wanted to make a really big woman. I think it was a Fujiko F. Fujio manga, (Yasaragi no Yakata, literally Tranqil Mansion), there was a company president who joins an exclusive club to escape his stressful work life, and there's a giant woman who takes care of the club members, almost like a mother… don't you think that's just a perfect situation? A giant, considerate, caring woman. The kind we all lost when we grew up, that's what I wanted to make. Originally I also wanted to put a mouth in the palm of her hand, and we made all of the animations, but it didn't make it into the final game. Talking of glamour, her breasts are nothing to do with me, they happened without my knowledge. It's all the artist's fault. I think I mentioned it earlier but I always seek a certain refinement in all my designs.

Waragai: Really? Haha

Miyazaki: Yes, But the artist had such a happy look on his face that I didn't have the heart to stop him.

Everyone: Haha

So you can, with a little difficulty, get the two
giant cyclops dudes
at the beginning beach to fall off the little bridge and kill em for about a 1000 souls each.

Talking of glamour, her breasts are nothing to do with me, they happened without my knowledge. It's all the artist's fault. I think I mentioned it earlier but I always seek a certain refinement in all my designs.

Miyazaki my dude. Unpopular opinion, but I'm honestly sick of fanservicey stuff in everything these days.

Stupid Gamestop wants me to go down there again after going to pay off the game just to get my sales receipt...then come back AGAIN at 12:00 AM for the actual launch. I don't have a car, so fuck that.

Hoping the server issues get ironed out by tomorrow night!

Good. Last thing this game needs is to have pathetic fanservice. Demon's Souls didn't have none of that crap and was better for it.

I'm not sure what exactly is pathetic about it. It makes complete sense when you learn about the background of the area where that event takes place.

Completely useless

I can't remember what I took but I know for sure that it wasn't the pendant.

I saw
two
items that seem to fulfill the same purpose in a video, by that I mean that the use of these items are left open in the description.

stupei

People can't seriously be that surprised that Namco couldn't handle servers on launch day, right?

The good news is that the error message changed from when I first saw it around 8pm, so presumably the servers are actually supposed to be up now, they're just totally fucked.

Zukuu

Banned
I'm taking the Bonfire Ascetic. Respawnable enemies,
redoable bosses
with better loot etc. I want more of them.

Doombear

People can't seriously be that surprised that Namco couldn't handle servers on launch day, right?

The good news is that the error message changed from when I first saw it around 8pm, so presumably the servers are actually supposed to be up now, they're just totally fucked.

I worry about the coming day... when everyone else (the majority?) grab the game.

Sullichin

I wanted to beat the game tonight but I guess it's not happening. ~45 hours in, not sure how close to the end I am. Too tired. Excited to read some GAF impressions.

Bah... having to wait for it to unlock on PSN sucks. Least I'm happy knowing the servers aren't up.

Why in bloody hell are you happy the servers ain't up?
"Dark Souls II for PS3 is currently experiencing occasional difficulty with some online matching features.
NAMCO BANDAI Games is currently working with FromSoftware and Sony Computer Entertainment to
address all difficulties and will provide an update shortly. Thank you for your understanding."

This is not a simple "waiting for the release to happen so the servers comes up and running"

LordCanti

Alright, lets do this.

Edit: Should have read about the servers not being up before making a declaration about my readiness to "do this".

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Is the
swordsman the dual wielding start class?

Starting class spoiler? Just wondering how to dual wield

Gorillaz

these fucking hippo monster things scared the shit out of me

there was one right behind me creeping

Is the

Starting class spoiler?
lol it's not really a spoiler but yes dual swordsman is a starting class

Ah turns out the
cyclops guys at the very beginning
are guarding the
boat that changes your gender.

They don't respawn once you kill them.

Conezays

Can anyone please help? I just bought Dark Souls 2 on the PSN store, but it says dl is only 3MB? How can I start the full game download? (Obviously it's more than 3mb).

Please and thank you!!!

stupei

Is the

Starting class spoiler?

Yep. Pretty fun so far. Doing a lot more strategic use of two-handed than I ever did in other Souls games too. Figure why not (when necessary) since I don't have a shield.

Spent a lot of my time in the other games hiding behind my shield, so I wanted to try something new.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
yes, and it has above normal int, meaning it's not an optimal choice unless you plan to dabble in int.

I want to beat shit up not magick it. So should I just go with a different class that doesn't waste on int and build it into a dual wield right?

Sullichin

I want to beat shit up not magick it. So should I just go with a different class that doesn't waste on int and build it into a dual wield right?

You can dual wield with any class, yes. The wasted points on int are extremely trivial for a first play through though.

Jobbs

Banned

it's not a big deal, I'm talking from a min-max point of view. if you want min-max non casting, be bandit or knight for optimal stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom