• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
Just paid off my CE.
THERE'S NO GETTING OFF OF THIS TRAIN!!

I challenge you all to go dual-wielding.
As if there's any other way.

Starburst_Stream.gif

georly

Dont worry about being invaded, the servers on ps3 aren't even working. Oh the woes of dedicated servers! Woo. I'll try again tomorrow evening.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Play offline like a wimpering coward.

I don't blame people for playing offline if they want to. However, when you play offline I'd like to see the game throw down a canned message at your character's feet:

Amazing Coward Ahead

Minamu

I haven't preordered my copy and I don't think I'll need to, but I was just thinking, are there any pros for going digital in this case? My ps3 hdd is small, 40gb, and it can only carry 2-3 game installs tops thanks to loads of dlc etc (not that I'll ever uninstall this, heh). I don't care about the hard case or preorder weapons, the prices seem fairly similar across shops and online including psn here in EU. Any word of performance improvements thanks to being installed?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Whooo!

So, last Wednesday I went to Target and got a copy of South Park with the preorder bonus code inside.

Tonight, I go to Wal Mart at midnight and get a Black Armor edition for the same price as normal retail, pre order bonuses and all.

Walked past a 100+ person line of fools standing outside Gamestop for Titanfall :p

Quote for my psn id at your own peril! Lets do this!!

[url="sly_fred][/url]

Toxi

Banned
Look at bosses like Storm King in Demon's Souls or Ceaseless Discharge in Dark Souls. From has always added some easy bosses or easy ways to take them out. Nothing new under the sun here.
Demon's Souls had a LOT of easy bosses. You can count the tough ones on one hand. Most of the difficulty instead came from the normal enemies and level hazards.

I don't blame people for playing offline if they want to. However, when you play offline I'd like to see the game throw down a canned message at your character's feet:

Amazing Coward Ahead

To people considering playing offline, remember that if someone invades and kills you, there is a timer that has to reset before you can be invaded again. If you don't participate in the series unique approach to online, you're doing yourself a great disservice.

Leaving messages, watching other players ghosts, co-op play with other hollows and of course, terrifying pvp encounters with your souls and progress on the line.

The real Dark Souls starts there.

Not too many people think walmart for midnight purchases imo.

Get in and get out. Its perfect

Heading home now

I remember going to a walmart that was right next to a gamestop that had a monster line of people waiting for a release. I went into walmart and was out in 5 minutes rofl

God damn I can't wait man. Been so long. I can't wait to read messages that are probably wrong and will get me killed.

I've always gone magic user (I'm a pussy) but I think I'm going dual-swordsman this time around to get a little hair on my chest.

ironcreed

Banned
Those worried about the difficulty:

Reviewing this game took weeks off my life, leaving me sleep-deprived, stressed and sick. Meals were skipped and at most I slept 3 hours a night. But I beat it. I won. And that sense of accomplishment, that ability to look back and see a game as an actual journey, is the heart of what Dark Souls II is. I'll be damned if it was any other way.P

Now if you'll excuse me, I need a nap.

From Kotaku.

Pejo

Are the servers down for any of you guys currently playing? at my initial login attempts it's telling me connection to the servers failed. and this would just be east coast. uh oh!

Eusis

Are the servers down for any of you guys currently playing? at my initial login attempts it's telling me connection to the servers failed. and this would just be east coast. uh oh!
Probably goes live at 12 AM PDT or some crap.

Or they they already got killed. Typical of this series.

Jarrod38

Played some Dark Souls 2 tonight at Gamestop while waiting for Titanfall and from the small amount I played I enjoyed it. Got to the first boss and it kicked my ass along with the others who were playing it as well.

Jobbs

Banned
Woo! Got it.

Hey are you guys going to use the black armor set or do you consider it cheating?

It's going to be more powerful than how you'd play the game naturally. The only question is how much. I'm not going to fuck with it; I want a pure souls experience.

akaoni

Banned
I'm on blackout for this game. How is the framerate on the PS3 version, is it messy like the previous games or stable 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom