• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Must suck to not be getting Dark Souls II today

tumblr_inline_n2a3jihE5m1rn48fq.gif

[NaK]

You can go straight to
The Last Bastille
from the forest after beating
the pursuer
. I did this not realizing it wasn't the easiest way to go.

How do you get off the bridge from this bonfire in the Last Bastille? I can't get over the (knee high) walls and Im starting to feel retarded.. T_T
The mummy on the other side is laughing at me.

stupei

I just expect more after Dark Souls also being a multimillion selling/critical hit. You'd assume these guys would put more effort into the game, even on launch day.

But the same stuff happens with Blizzard/EA/etc so I guess I'm just disappointed in game companies in general when it comes to online play.

Oh, you're not wrong to be disappointed; I'm just not surprised, especially from Namco. This is the same company that over promises on pre-orders and fucked up the Dark Souls 2 beta entirely.

Sullichin

[NaK];103949646 said:
How do you get off the bridge from this bonfire in the Last Bastille? I can't get over the (knee high) walls and Im starting to feel retarded.. T_T

To the left there's some rubble angled such that you can roll over it. I have no idea how to get back to that bonfire without warping though, lol

How do I regain my HP back? I used a Human Effigy but all it did was block invaders.

You don't burn a human effigy, you just consume it. Burning it just lowers the connection to other worlds. Kind of confusing from someone coming from DS because you might assume you need to burn it.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
[NaK];103949646 said:

To your left there are broken rocks. . .I would go around the ledge though first and loot the treasure chest.

squadr0n

2 questions, very early game spoilers.

1. where is the white soapstone

2. how do I drop an item in the birds nest for the crow.

Dorrin

Still trying to decide on what my starting class will be, man work is dragging right now. Yeah I know class doens't matter and the first character is usually junk just can't help myself.

Does anyone know if there are any spells that can be missed, like the Logan chain of events to get the crystal spells? I know some are from covenants etc just had to start a magic user and then miss something critical.

stupei

Enjoying it alot so far

can anyone spoil me for where the online stuff is? like the summon stone and all that? in a coop mood

Head toward the
forest of fallen giants. Down the ladder near the bonfire, then around past all those soldiers. You'll run into a mopey guy named Pate. Talk to him, go through that gate, then make it back out again. Talk to him again, several times.

Sullichin

Still trying to decide on what my starting class will be, man work is dragging right now. Yeah I know class doens't matter and the first character is usually junk just can't help myself.

Does anyone know if there are any spells that can be missed, like the Logan chain of events to get the crystal spells? I know some are from covenants etc just had to start a magic user and then miss something critical.

Not sure about quest related stuff, but there's definitely spells you can miss. there's a lot of them and the game is huge.

Kamina

Golden Boy
You don't burn a human effigy, you just consume it. Burning it just lowers the connection to other worlds. Kind of confusing from someone coming from DS because you might assume you need to burn it.
What, why? I dont recall buring anything in DS, you only consume things ;...or are you using this 'sarcasm' everyone keeps talking about?

squadr0n

2 questions, very early game spoilers.

1. where is the white soapstone

2. how do I drop an item in the birds nest for the crow.

Gorillaz

PSN is definitely up. I see like 7 summon signs in
forest of fallen giants
area. Assuming the boss fight is right around the corner with all these messages too.

Head toward the
forest of fallen giants. Down the ladder near the bonfire, then around past all those soldiers. You'll run into a mopey guy named Pate. Talk to him, go through that gate, then make it back out again. Talk to him again, several times.

haha yea I talked to him like 30 mins ago and was wondering if he had anything to actually give me.

stupei

haha yea I talked to him like 30 mins ago and was wondering if he had anything to actually give me.

I'd actually started to wonder if he was
this game's Patches.
(don't even know if this counts as a spoiler but now I'm just SPOILER TAGGING EVERYTHING, I guess, just in case)

BasicCable

Neo Member
I searched but didn't find any mention of this. Has anyone created a female character? I ask because I created a female explorer, and the character has the male grunts/groans/death sounds.

NIN90

What, why? I dont recall buring anything in DS, you only consume things ;...or are you using this 'sarcasm' everyone keeps talking about?

Hollowing is reversed by using Humanity at a bonfire in DS1. It's completely reversed in this one.

Sullichin

Nah, i'm not being sarcastic lol. I meant that in Dark Souls you have to use the Humanity at the bonfire menu to reverse hollowing. In Dark Souls II if you do that it doesn't reverse hollowing; you have to just consume it.

I searched but didn't find any mention of this. Has anyone created a female character? I ask because I created a female explorer, and the character has the male grunts/groans/death sounds.

Are you hollowed? Because if so its on purpose because you're basically a zombie.

If you die in human form its much more womanly but still a bit gruff.

Zeliard

Roll-dodging is going to take some getting used to. There's somewhat of a startup delay to it now and it also seems to have fewer invincibility frames than in previous games.

Sullichin

Roll-dodging is going to take some getting used to. There's somewhat of a startup delay to it now and it also seems to have fewer invincibility frames than in previous games.

Adaptability definitely helps with this. I think I stopped at around 20-21 ADP and I've been comfortable with that.

Zeliard

Adaptability definitely helps with this. I think I stopped at around 20-21 ADP and I've been comfortable with that.

Ah right, the new Adaptability stat. That's definitely going to be one of my primary stats since as a dual-wielder, mobility will be hugely important.

Sullichin

Ah right, the new Adaptability stat. That's definitely going to be one of my primary stats since as a dual-wielder, mobility will be hugely important.

Also, roll speeds are different. I don't notice a change between 25% -> 50% -> 70%; it's not until I go over 70% equip that I'm clearly fatrolling. I think MAYBE at 25% you roll farther away. I'm not sure. I'm sure others have / will be doing extensive testing on that.

ParityBit

You got me intrigued, how can i game DS2 in 3D?
What hardware is needed?

There was a thread here that had the file you needed to install. Mainly you need a 3D monitor and decent video card. I never tried the 3D out of the box, I was late to the game so the new 3D renderer was already released.

Ziek

Anyone playing a sorcerer? I did faith in demons and 2 playthroughs in dark souls 1, a pure strength and pure dex. I want to try spells this time around, maybe as a spellsword. How is it? Variety of spells? Good survivability?

Haven't beat Dark Souls or Demon Souls yet and I was going to wait until I beat Dark Souls to buy this but fuck it, just purchased it on PSN.

todahawk

How's the game look and play on PS3?
I've looked at some of the downgrade thread and was a bit concerned about the changes in texture and lighting but also wondered if anyone noticed impact on or issues with gameplay? No spoilers please.

TraBuch

Banned
Where do I go to request absolution? I accidentally beat up on an NPC in that mine place where that giant boulder rolls down.

Doran902

Haven't beat Dark Souls or Demon Souls yet and I was going to wait until I beat Dark Souls to buy this but fuck it, just purchased it on PSN.

I beat Demon's Souls, played 40 hours of Dark Souls and lost my save, was thinking of doing the same thing as you.

So hard not to just jump on the bandwaggon though and get the game today.

Grudy

I really don't like it when the game starts removing enemies because I'm dying a lot :l Any way to make them respawn again?

I beat Demon's Souls, played 40 hours of Dark Souls and lost my save, was thinking of doing the same thing as you.

So hard not to just jump on the bandwaggon though and get the game today.

I wanted to wait until the PC version came out as well but damn I want to be part of the zeitgeist. If its that much better on the PC I'll just rebuy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom