• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grudy

haven't played yet. Are healing items in short supply? I think I'm going to miss not being able to fill up an estes flask at bonfires.

Estus flasks still refill at bonfires (though I only have 2 right now) and I got around 15 life gems around 2 hours into the game.

Sullichin

You will have a million of the new health stones.

I was rolling in them until I went "the wrong way". I was definitely in a harder area than I needed to be with only 2 flasks, and I burned through all of them. Dozens of hours later I still barely have any healing stones, but I have more estus now so it's not a problem.

Listonosh

Not really sure if this was mentioned before in this thread but I now find the argument about Life Gems being unfair and too easy to be rather invalid. Sure it's a secondary healing source, but so was Humanity in Dark Souls. In fact, Humanity was a far more OP healing item, since it restored you to full health immediately, unlike Life Gems.

Just in case someone was still in a tizzy over them, trust me, they're not as great as they sound, also nowhere near as abundant as humanity was.

eot

Banned
In the previews from a month or so ago there was mention of a covenant early on that made the game harder, has anyone tried that?

sixghost

Not really sure if this was mentioned before in this thread but I now find the argument about Life Gems being unfair and too easy to be rather invalid. Sure it's a secondary healing source, but so was Humanity in Dark Souls. In fact, Humanity was a far more OP healing item, since it restored you to full health immediately, unlike Life Gems.

Just in case someone was still in a tizzy over them, trust me, they're not as great as they sound, also nowhere near as abundant as humanity was.

My only problem with life gems is that it's a bit annoying to constantly re-equip them in my belt if I'm running low. If anything I think the game is way more punishing with regard to the healing. Your estus count is so low early on, and I ran out of life gems pretty quickly.

Sioen

To that one guy: The game IS REGION FREE. I bought the us version of the marketplace on my pal xbox and it works!!
Amazong month btw titanfall and this, hell yeah!

[NaK]

I have a question regarding Pate.

Does anyone know where he is located after the first boss battle? He is not outside the gate anymore.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Guys
Guys
I'm really starting to get ze hype...

gt+Post+content+gt+Go+to+bed+gt+Come+_c412176682bc6494a5968324030a1c9a.gif

stupei

Are you saying this through experience or hearsay? I ran through a majority of the game and aside from finding one chest that
contains 20 lifegems
, I rarely, if ever, get them as monster drops.

There were a lot of them dropping in
the start of the forest of fallen giants
, but after that haven't seen a lot.

mattp

Estus flasks still refill at bonfires (though I only have 2 right now) and I got around 15 life gems around 2 hours into the game.

2 estus?
so you start with less than 5 estus this time?
how are estus upgraded. do you kindle fires or is it something upgraded via stats now?

Sullichin

2 estus?
so you start with less than 5 estus this time?
how are estus upgraded. do you kindle fires or is it something upgraded via stats now?

You start with one.
You find shards to upgrade how many you have. You burn a certain item to upgrade the healing power of each one.
I'm quite far and I only have 6 flasks. I possibly missed a shard or two though.

Sakura

Just picked up the game at Walmart. It was 65 dollars though. Is that because of the shitty Canadian dollar, or that it's the armour edition? Titanfall was only 59.99.

Sullichin

The
turtle
enemies in the forrest area :/ I have no chance.
I need better weapons but I only found useless swords.

Blunt weapons are good against these guys (and a ton of other enemies too!)

There's a morning star
in Majula on a corpse
and I believe the first merchant sells a Club.

Game is great!

Animations are fine.

I feel like this are some core things I still don't know how to do (after about 2 hours of playing). I'm tempted to try and not see or read anything until I figure out how to do them/what they mean.

Maybesew

Servers were up on PS3 this morning. Helped out 5 or 6 players with some jolly cooperation. The game just didn't feel complete without messages and phantoms.

traveler

Not Wario
Do you recommended warrior or knight as a starting class ?

Also wondering about this. That tool posted earlier is nice, but without reading weapon/equip spoilers, I have no idea what breakpoints I'm aiming for. Like Sword N'Board, so leaning towards warrior, but I don't really know the advantages of the knight well enough to tell what I'm passing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom