• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first death was in the jumping part of the tutorial. I did not read the instruction and pressed circle like a dumbass. Boom fell into the gap.

MY ASS IS GETTING KICKED by those white bipedal rhino looking monsters. Broken sword ain't gonna do it... Well it can lol but I'll just comeback to them with a more decent weapon.

HeelPower

I won't say much as I barely played anything in the game(was busy)

But holyshit the moment the game starts looks insanely haunting..almost like its preparing for finale.

I can't level up because most of the enmies are gone
I can't turn into human form because the item is rare
I can't gain souls by summoning because the servers don't work
I can't go into the next area because it's too difficult

Hmm..something doesn't work here.

Is this a serious flaw others are experiencing? I find the disappearance of enemies to be an odd mechanic

Jobbs

Banned
Couldn't get anyone to summon for my fight against
the pursuer, so I soloed the fucker.

honestly, he was a bit harder than the other two bosses ive killed, but still, not that hard. not sure what to think of the bosses so far. the game's been tough, but it's mainl ybeen tough because of its regular enemies ganging up.

early area nice item find tip/spoiler:

after you kill pursuer behind the soldier key door, in the next arera look for a place to drop down and get a full set of daedric armor and sword, the sword seems to be this game's equivalent to a black knight sword

MrDaravon

I cleared Dark Souls 1 with pretty minimal difficulty, nowhere near an expert on that game but I'm familiar with the series. I am getting straight fucking destroyed, I have died literally like 30 times in 4-5 hours. I think I made a terrible mistake by picking the Explorer as the starting class :(

Zukuu

Banned
Where in the tutorial area is it? And whats a titanite slab do?
You trade it with Sparkly, the crow. You get one of 3 items randomly. A crappy ring, a crappy whip or a titanite slab, which you need to upgrade a weapon from +9 to +10. I dunno how rare they are tho.

Quikies83

So Gamestop fucked up and didn't have my Collectors Edition that I've had paid for since September.. The store manager said they only received one PS3 CE and it was given away last night... The manager made a few calls and I have to wait 7 days for a new copy to be shipped to their store. It was then suggested that I purchase a standard edition (so I can play today) and then bring it back for a refund when my CE comes in.. I asked him who exactly is taking ownership of this problem? He sighed pretty heavily and said he would let me have the standard edition and trusts that I'll bring it back when my order comes in.
Absolutely terrible experience.

Anyways I'm about 3 hours in now and have taken out 4 bosses but
I can't find where I'm supposed to fight The Pursuer. Any help?

JoeFenix

Game is brutal if you join the
Champion Covenant
!

I love the fact that weapon durability actually matters now, also really liking the extra feeling of pressure to get your souls back since you can't really grind infinitely anymore.

Having alot of fun with the game regardless of some of the major issues I have with how the final version turned out.

batbeg

So Gamestop fucked up and didn't have my Collectors Edition that I've had paid for since September.. The store manager said they only received one PS3 CE and it was given away last night... The manager made a few calls and I have to wait 7 days for a new copy to be shipped to their store. It was then suggested that I purchase a standard edition (so I can play today) and then bring it back for a refund when my CE comes in.. I asked him who exactly is taking ownership of this problem? He sighed pretty heavily and said he would let me have the standard edition and trusts that I'll bring it back when my order comes in.
Absolutely terrible experience.

Anyways I'm about 3 hours in now and have taken out 4 bosses but
I can't find where I'm supposed to fight The Pursuer. Any help?

In the
room that has a giant sword jutting out of the building with an enemy towards the top, there's a door you can now unlock. It pretty much leads straight to him.

Grinchy

Banned
I cleared Dark Souls 1 with pretty minimal difficulty, nowhere near an expert on that game but I'm familiar with the series. I am getting straight fucking destroyed, I have died literally like 30 times in 4-5 hours. I think I made a terrible mistake by picking the Explorer as the starting class :(

I have the Demon's and Dark Souls platinums. I have played a shit load of these games.

I am getting straight up fucked as a swordsman. I am just sucking so bad. You can die so fast and you have no way of blocking anything. The animations seem longer so if you hit when you maybe shouldn't have, you're dead. If there is more than one enemy you have to be very careful about when you try to strike.

These are not complaints but I am getting my ass handed to me so far.

AngryMoth

Where in the tutorial area is it? And whats a titanite slab do?
go through one of the one of the white light doors, think the one on the left and at the end of the path there's a ledge you can jump down to which has a nest. At the nest if you leave the item it will be traded. Titanite slab is one of the rarest upgrade materials. Not sure if it's the best starting item but seems like a good one.

Gbraga

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I have been thinking about this game all day but I won't get to play it until tonight. Damn.

Adaptability is a baller stat.

Quikies83

What NPC was I supposed to be able to summon for the
Last Giant and armored dragon dude on the small platorm in Heide's Tower of Flame?
I went through human and didn't see a single summon sign this time. I'm also in the Way of Blue covenant.

MrDaravon

I have the Demon's and Dark Souls platinums. I have played a shit load of these games.

I am getting straight up fucked as a swordsman. I am just sucking so bad. You can die so fast and you have no way of blocking anything. The animations seem longer so if you hit when you maybe shouldn't have, you're dead. If there is more than one enemy you have to be very careful about when you try to strike.

I think what's fucking me primarily is that they apparently (?) changed the riposte system, or is it straight up gone? I largely went through DS1 by parry -> riposting everything, but that doesn't seem to work here, or maybe it's just the weapons I have so far? I can parry and get the little sound effect and everything, but now if I attack after the parry it's just a regular attack; I have to let my parry knock the enemy to the ground, then attack them while they're on the ground for a special attack. I really dislike it, and both that animation and the backstab animations seem to go on for way longer which is making me way more vulnerable to other enemies in the area. Riposting in DS1 was fairly quick and efficient, doesn't seem to be the case here.

Once I finally got up a few levels with the explorer in order to actually equip a straight sword and an okay shield things have gone better, but still getting totally wrecked most of the time.

mattp

is the stone required to leave messages "hidden" again?
that was a big issue i had with dark souls
locking messaging/rating behind an item meant barely anyone used it

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Holy shit, my Black Armor Edition just arrived from Amazon and the case is fucked up beyond belief. It barely opens because the hinges are squashed and bent and misshapen. The discs seem ok inside, but goddamn it!

Alucrid

Banned
Protip:
He's not actually the 2nd boss you're supposed to go to. You should probably go to Heide and fight the boss there and move on.
Where do I go to get there? After the first boss I looked everywhere and that was the only path I found

Zeliard

Swordsman strikes me as possibly the toughest class to start with other than Deprived, since you have no shield, no ranged attacks, low Adaptability, and the lowest Vigor stat (until you find or level up these things).

The new Adaptability stat is the biggest change. Since it's so low at the start for Swordsman, your swings have a noticeable wind-up and recovery time to them, as does your roll-dodge.

I do think it was a strange decision to have a stat like that be so low off the bat for a dual-wielding, lightly-armored character.

Holy shit, my Black Armor Edition just arrived from Amazon and the case is fucked up beyond belief. It barely opens because the hinges are squashed and bent and misshapen. The discs seem ok inside, but goddamn it!

damn that sucks...Bravely Default CE issue all over again lol. Talk to customer service and get something free

ttocs

Contact Amazon - they have great customer service. They'll make it right somehow.

Alucrid

Banned
Swordsman strikes me as possibly the toughest class to start with other than Deprived, since you have no shield, no ranged attacks, low Adaptability, and the lowest Vigor stat (until you find or level up these things).

The new Adaptability stat is the biggest change. Since it's so low at the start for Swordsman, your swings have a noticeable wind-up and recovery time to them, as does your roll-dodge.

I do think it was a strange decision to have a stat like that be so low off the bat for a dual-wielding, lightly-armored character.
Oh, that's why my rolls seem to suck despite not being fat roll. Gonna throw some points there then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom