• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

anyone have a good grasp on what to level up first? I'm thinking leveling vigor probably isn't a bad call but not sure what else I should focus on

Adaptability, hands down. Raise a stat to a minimum requirement so you can hold a weapon you like (STR/DEX), and then dump points into ADP until you reach 20 (go for 29 later in the game). ADP gives you faster recovery, faster estus chug, more invincibility on your rolls, faster movement speed, faster shield raise, etc etc.

Kahoona

Amazon decided to ship my copy out today for some reason instead of Friday...did anyone else have this problem? It's a major bummer...

Adaptability, hands down. Raise a stat to a minimum requirement so you can hold a weapon you like (STR/DEX), and then dump points into ADP until you reach 20 (go for 29 later in the game). ADP gives you faster recovery, faster estus chug, more invincibility on your rolls, faster movement speed, faster shield raise, etc etc.

Will do this ASAP, I need my swordsman to be even faster.

Nintyb

Banned
So many bloodstains around,hah. I started a Knight for my first playthrough. Haven't died yet but I'm being very cautious and exploring slowly.

What exactly is the Blue Sentinels covenant that I joined?

wastewater

Neo Member
hey guys. you know that hole near majula at the start of the game?

I have questions.

I bought the cat ring and was able to make my way down. I found a couple bonfires but the only way to go ultimately seems to be this "boss encounter" but it's really just a horde of endless spawning rats. eventually a rat healthbar comes up, I suspect maybe it's a rat hidden in the crowd, but I can't make any headway. do I need to be here? can do I this yet?

You're right, the main rat has a mohican along it's back lol. It can be pretty hard to spot but it only takes a few hits to kill.

Does anyone know how to get the red eye orb?

Dresden

Got my longsword (rip 1h thrust) up to +3 after a successful coop run. Glad I went with the knight - can't go wrong with high hp and adapt.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member

well that definitely sounds like the way to go for now. thank you

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Whoever said lifegems were abundant was out of its mind, they rarely drop and i have to constantly buy them from the vendor in Majula

Maybesew

I find myself a bit at a loss with how to level my character due to how many useful stats there are, which is a fun concept. right now I'm:

level 46
vig 14
end 16
vit 12
atn 2
str 22
dex 20
adp 4
int 1
faith 8

I've basically gone down a quality build but I'm not sure how far to take it or where to branch off and how to deal with adeptation/vig/end/etc.

I would spend your next 6 points getting ADP up to 10

Dies Iræ;103979568 said:
My consumables aren't mapped to down on the D-pad. Can someone tell me how to get my estus flask in there?

Under the Equip items menu

Brohan

Question guys, i encountered a
silver knight droppen by i think it was a gryphon, it startled me and I took some distance and then it kind of teleported/vanished. Did i just miss a big chance or will it respawn again sonetime?

Grisby

So...I might have did a bit to much exploring and dying. Weapons are going to need some repairs, ASAP.

How can I get the blacksmith up and running quickly?

Robot Pants

Yep. Even better, you can do it with a ton of weapons now if you two-hand them, not just the big ones.
How exactly? I think it did it once by mistake. It's not forward + R1/L1 is it?

Oh have to two hand them.

By the way I'm loving this game. Barely scratched the surface and I'm in love

Quikies83

silver knight droppen by i think it was a gryphon, it startled me and I took some distance and then it kind of teleported/vanished. Did i just miss a big chance or will it respawn again sonetime?

Nah you'll see him again. I did the same thing.

LordCanti

I can't get summoned or see anyone to summon on the PS3. Seems broke, but who knows.

He's a boss later. I have no idea if you get anything extra for killing him early.

Edit: Already answered.

I wrote a long spoiler free write up of my impressions so far (~45 hours of play). If there's a problem linking to my own site I'll remove it or just post the whole thing here.

http://99humanity.com/dark-souls-2-review-impressions.html

Hmmm...unless it's a different area,
I arrived at this area a different way and the boss fight played out normally. I haven't dropped down the hole in Majula yet so maybe it's a different rat boss, but probably not. The one I fought was Royal Rat Authority.
Kind of a shit boss.

Great read for someone trying to stay spoiler free before the PC version drops.

Ricker

Maybe its my controller thats going bad or something but does anyone find there's a big input delay on the 360...? makes the controls even more sluggish at first when you are trying to get use to everything...

Also whats the deal again with being dead or not...never fully understood this on this game...currently,after dying 3 times trying to jump while dashing to clear a gap,I am undead I guess...? my face is all green and skeletal looking...do I stay that way? does it matter..? can I be human or living again...?

Managed to play for a short while on my break.

I'm going to have to remake my character though because in the character creator it wouldn't let me move on from the first screen so I thought confirming X would let me proceed to the other creation options but it just ended the entire thing instead.

Ricker

Managed to play for a short while on my break.

I'm going to have to remake my character though because in the character creator it wouldn't let me move on from the first screen so I thought confirming X would let me proceed to the other creation options but it just ended the entire thing instead.

Yep,same thing for me...the whole interface is pretty awful again,I whish they would of changed that...oh well.

I started as a Sorcerer, but not being able to have shield be usable right away makes me very nervous. I kind of think I should have started as another class... I dunno.

RyanDG

So... Just found out that if you die and then use an effigy on yourself you lose your beard and hairstyle choice. My grizzled old veteran warrior character now sort of looks like an emo band rocker. So much for character customization lol.

Don't know if this is a normal thing or just a random bug I experienced, but funny either way.

How hard is it to summon a good phantom, seriously.

Half these dolts keep running off on their own and dying, or I die because I get rushed by enemies and they aren't even remotely close to help.

Jeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom