• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farooq

Banned
I just watched the full thing. There is some hugely useful stat information here.

Yea there is.

I will post a small summary for those who are unable to watch the video.

Vigor- Up to level 20 Vgr you get 30 HP per level. After level 20 Vgr until level 50 Vgr, you get 20 HP per level. After that diminishing returns.

End - Up to Level 20 End you get 2 Stamina points per level. After level 20 End, you get 1 stamina point per level until level 99.

Vitality- 1.5 Equip Load per level until Level 29 Vit. 1 Equip Load per level until Level 49 Vit. 0.5 Equip Load from 50 to 99.

Attunement- 1 slot at 10.
2 slots at 13
3 slots at 16
4 slots at 20
5 slots at 25
6 slots at 30
7 slots at 40
8 slots at 50
9 slots at 60
10 slots at 75

You receive a marginal increase in casting speed for every level of Atn up to level 80.

Str/Dex - Diminishing returns after 40.

Int/Faith - Diminishing returns after 40, although (Weapon spoilers)
there are catalysts that requires 50 int/faith.

ADP - Resistance break point is 40.
Agility break point is at 38.

Edit: I know the way I formatted makes it hard to digest the information, I was in a bit of a rush. Also, if you are unsure about what the stats do, the video does give a brief overview.

No, might be you just need to go back to the main menu and re-join your game. Or, you're not in a aera that let's you be summoned.(like in Majula for exemple)

Ah. I'll try that then and see if it works.

I went with the Swordsman class. Love me 2 blades and no shield.

I'm not feeling the difficulty at all. I've only died 3 times and I'm 4 hours into the game. This, however, might be related to me being accustomed by now to the formula.

The mob animations strongly resemble those of the the original game, which makes things much easier to handle.

Man I guess I'm playing a different game because I've died a ton of times. The first boss I got to has killed me five times already. Maybe That covenant is really making it harder cause a few regular enemies have one shotted me in the early areas.

Or maybe my equipment sucks.

pooptest

Does anyone know how to get across the gap?

1yRAbB6.jpg

Thanks!

gdt

Fuck man I just read about the chests. I've destroyed like 3 chests already looking for mimics. Fuck! I even destroyed the chest right after the TLG boss.

Okay am I the only person having immense issues trying to fight the
Ruin Sentinels
? Because I cannot make any headway on that section at all. Not having any sort of online support isn't helping either.

Haven't finished the game but nothing is a major change for a sequel.. it feels like they added more enemies and armor/weapons.. besides that it doesn't feel like a sequel. You can tell that releasing this on last gen held back this game.

MilkBeard

Fuck man I just read about the chests. I've destroyed like 3 chests already looking for mimics. Fuck! I even destroyed the chest right after the TLG boss.

One way to avoid would be to equip a weaker or smaller weapon, or just punch it with bare fists. The chests don't seem to break when I hit them with a knife. It's always good to be safe though, because I have a feeling at some point a mimic is gonna pop out of one. They didn't start doing it in Dark Souls until you got to Sen's Fortress, which was pretty far in.

dugdug

Banned
So summoning isn't working on ps3 again:( same shit as dks 1. Only des got it right it seems.

The input lag is really annoying, was it like this in dks 1?

Was working way more for me tonight than DS1 did at launch.

However the input lag is a bummer, and, yeah, it was like that in DS1 on PS3 at launch. They fixed it with the first patch. Hope they do the same this time.

dugdug

Banned
Okay am I the only person having immense issues trying to fight the
Ruin Sentinels
? Because I cannot make any headway on that section at all. Not having any sort of online support isn't helping either.

There's an NPC you can summon right before the fog gate that's quite helpful. I needed a third person though. Took me a few tries.

Eleuin

Holy shit the This is Dark Souls Trophy LOL

Is it just for your first death because I
got to an area with giant rat monsters and jumped in a casket to escape them, only to load back to the same area..

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I can summon people, finally!

For those who are having problems, make sure the ports used by PSN are open in your router.

Man, this game just isn't clicking for me so far. In terms of the first few hours of the game, I'm finding it a lot less appealing than DS1. And that fucking framerate...

What does it exactly do when a message of yours gets +rated? I keep getting the pop up saying one of my message got rated, yet nothing seems to indicate what it does.

I think I just need to relax. I've beaten Demon's and Dark Souls and put tons of hours into them both. I haven't played Dark Souls since like a month after it's original release so I've been "casual' for so long...but this game is driving me nuts. I think I just need to cool it, play smart, and realize it's how it goes.

-Ryn

Banned
I just got off to take a break

yet I'm hungry to play it again

That itch.....need....to...scratch......it
I'm alternating with my bro. I can't even scratch the itch.
I have to wait in line for my itch to be scratched...

Not my best metaphor.

probably already answered in this massive thread, but where am I supposed to go after defeating [what I think is] the first boss, [the last giant] ?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I wanna play real bad but i dont want to play while these shitty 360 servers are down. Damnit!

Ultrabum

Does anyone have any tips for killing "Ed, Edd n Eddy"?

You know who I'm talking about.

Found a video for it

That boss should not be the third boss you kill.

I was stuck there too, went to the area I guess I was supposed to go to and it was a joke

Gorillaz

So adaptability is actually worth pumping points into?

Adapt will play a BIG part of the PvP meta game me thinks. I think it's the go to one for them.

I know, ha ha. I can't play right now, but I'm really itching to get back in. I'll be able to jump in in a little bit though.

I'm alternating with my bro. I can't even scratch the itch.
I have to wait in line for my itch to be scratched...

Not my best metaphor.

this thing

it's like like a plague

I think i'm more interested in seeing the more popular guys like only afro (king of the giantdad) make new stuff

Corpekata

Banned
probably already answered in this massive thread, but where am I supposed to go after defeating [what I think is] the first boss, [the last giant] ?

There were a couple locked doors you should've passed on your way to him, the key from him opens (at least) 2, one of which leads to the next full area. It's near the elevator / bonfire.

Lace

7ny9nZa.gif

Just made this in anticipation of the PC version. The console versions are so tempting but the resolution kills it for me.

Corpekata

Banned
As far as Edd Ed and Eddy:

Try to stay on the initial platform. Kill the one up there. Draw one of the others with ranged. They'll hop to the ground but eventually leap up to meet you. If you don't have viable ranged there's actually a summonable NPC right near the boss door in one of the cells. She's a mage and will draw one to you as soon as the first is dead

If you can't beat them, there's the alternate non Forest of the Giants path back in Majula that'll have enemies you should be able to deal with and a few more bosses to level up on

Nags

Banned
Got my CE earlier today and I was NOT expecting this knight statue to be so fucking huge!
This shit is staying in the box and in the closet. No room for it until I make a game room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom