• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camwi

I've only gotten to play a good two hours tonight, but that's enough for me to say that I fucking love this game. I chose deprived and have gotten my ass kicked quite a bit due to that choice, but I'm still having a blast wandering around and getting sucked into the beautiful world and music around me.

I wish I could keep playing this all night long and all of tomorrow. Damn job and responsibilities!

Mana Sin

Forest of Fallen Giants treasure question:

At the trapped house near pate, is there a hidden area? I saw there was a message about a false wall but not seeing it (pun intended).

That may have been my sign. What you want to do is
mash X/A while hugging that wall. It'll open a small door.

Filth

Can someone help explain to me how to get the
ring if binding
. Every video I watch says get it right here but I have no idea from maluja wtf that is

Farooq

Banned
Hey so I am kinda confused on ADP for leveling up, should I spend points here to increase rolling and drinking the flask?

Similar to resistance but you also get Agility from it. With Agility, your roll gets increased invincibility frames and makes your roll faster. It also increases your Poise up to your Endurance level.

Agility stops at 38 ADP.

TheMink

Hahaha anyone else
turn themselves into a woman and not notice for like 20 min? I thought i was running kinda feminine (how in DS1 female characters keep there arms closer in while running) but i really only noticed for sure was when my beard was gone haha

So what's a good class to play? I started as a warrior, and ended up getting to the first boss, only to end up doing a rage-quit-save-delete. I finished both Dark and Demon's Souls, but I just don't have the patience for this shit anymore.

Shengar

Only in Dark Souls will you get killed by a fucking
pig.

017200f49d4a11c49e12ac62fa72daaf.jpg

Zeliard

I got it to 20 and I'm not seeing a big difference in speed. Wish I'd spent it on strength or dex instead.

Maybe diminishing returns? Although people have said that 20 is the soft cap, so I dunno.

Swordsman starts with a miserable 6 in Adaptability, and getting it to even just 10 made a very noticeable difference to me. The startup delay on the roll-dodge was a killer.

Eusis

Man, the performance of this is juuust enough to bug me and make me wish we could easily have cross compatible PS3/PS4 games as a standard thing. Or magically just make them all work with added performance on PS4, whatever.

Still! It's clicking with me after some time, seems like some of my favorite games are the ones that take awhile to warm up to me, to the point where I'm wondering why I'm even supposed to like the game in the first place.

njean777

Maybe diminishing returns? Although people have said that 20 is the soft cap, so I dunno.

Swordsman starts with a miserable 6 in Adaptability, and getting it to even just 10 made a very noticeable difference to me. The startup delay on the roll-dodge was a killer.

So 20 is the cap for adaptability? Thank god I didn't raise it further yet.

Treasure chests:
Welp, I destroyed like 4 treasures chests. Didn't realize breaking them turns the item into rubbish.

Shengar

So what's a good class to play? I started as a warrior, and ended up getting to the first boss, only to end up doing a rage-quit-save-delete. I finished both Dark and Demon's Souls, but I just don't have the patience for this shit anymore.

Maybe you should try either pyromancer or sorcerer if pure melee not doing it for you?

C Jones

Alright - at least I'm not alone. Sucks both this and Titanfall are inaccessible :(

You should really spoiler tag that - even though it's stupid. Now I know not to kill some treasure chests lol.
Titanfall too!? That's what I was going to switch to haha...ugh

I'm playing on 360, and I can't connect to the online. Not Live, but the Dark Souls II online.
It was working fine earlier, I could see messages, bloodstains and ghosts but then it just quit so I took a break for like two hours and it still is not working.
Anyone else having this, or has gotten this and knows a fix?
Apologies if this has been asked 100x I don't really want to gaze at the thread in fear of spoilers

Maybe you should try either pyromancer or sorcerer if pure melee not doing it for you?

I played melee in both previous games and had a blast. I think it's the max health deduction for each death that's making me not enjoy it. Or the game just isn't designed as well. I want to like this game so much, I just don't.

Eusis

Im sorry to ask this question but is there online Co-op in this game? I've never played the previous game or Demon's Souls.
Yeah sorta I guess.

... Actually, sorta is somewhat apt. It's absolutely there, and is a major thing, but it's by laying down signs for random people to summon you. You can try to game it and play with friends to an extent at least in the prior two games, but it's meant to encourage strangers working together, not hooking up with a bud and rocking through the game. And you won't be able to summon in areas you beat the boss of for the most part if it's like the last two games (nor will you be invaded in those areas.)

TheMink

Yeah sorta I guess.

... Actually, sorta is somewhat apt. It's absolutely there, and is a major thing, but it's by laying down signs for random people to summon you. You can try to game it and play with friends to an extent at least in the prior two games, but it's meant to encourage strangers working together, not hooking up with a bud and rocking through the game. And you won't be able to summon in areas you beat the boss of for the most part if it's like the last two games (nor will you be invaded in those areas.)

Side note, i saw summon signs at the beginning of an area even though i had already beaten the first boss. So idk

dubq

This one NPC in Majula on the hill won't stop attacking me. I accidentally hit him now he is constantly hostile. Will he ever reset??

I haven't been able to connect to the servers for hours and I really need help on a specific boss. Hope they fix this soon I was having a lot of fun with the multiplayer this time around.

x3r0123

i think it has been asked before many times but how do i regain the hp. Is it the same as dark/demons? I havent used my humanity yet
edit: a few secs late. damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom