• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyslob

Banned
So what are most people that want the PC version doing? Buying it for consoles or waiting? I really don't know what I should do.

Of course played Demons Souls on ps3 and I also played Dark Souls on ps3. I want this game so bad, but im going to wait for the pc version. I think the wait will be worth it.

Ellite25

I'm only getting the PS3 version but you can always sell it later to recoup the cost on the PC version.

If I was getting the PC version I think it would be worth it.
I would do this if you could transfer saves. I'm not a person that does NG+ or replays games. I have no reason to double dpi because I don't want to play it all over again. I just want the damn PC version!

Coldsnap

Of course played Demons Souls on ps3 and I also played Dark Souls on ps3. I want this game so bad, but im going to wait for the pc version. I think the wait will be worth it.

Is it soon? And do we know 100%? I can wait a month.. that's about it.

Gbraga

When they started talking about how the PS3 and 360 were causing technical limitations on the enemies they wanted to put into the game; made me wish they just skipped the last gen consoles.

Prepare to Warp Edition incoming, next gen only, new enemies.

BigDug13

When they started talking about how the PS3 and 360 were causing technical limitations on the enemies they wanted to put into the game; made me wish they just skipped the last gen consoles.

I'm glad to hear that they have lots of ideas that they couldn't implement due to hardware limits. That means they will want to get started on DS3 for the new hardware.

I'm glad to hear that they have lots of ideas that they couldn't implement due to hardware limits. That means they will want to get started on DS3 for the new hardware.

Yup, that's the bright side: FROM has more they want to do with Dark Souls, look forward to next-gen continuation of the series

9JGPUTd.gif

CANNOT WAIT

MilkBeard

9JGPUTd.gif

CANNOT WAIT

Lol. I actually always found those skeletons to be easy, it was the ones standing on the narrow passageways in the entrance to the Tomb of the Giants that I found to be a pain in the ass.
Those guys do look look though when you are creeping in and you can start to see their eyes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thread ain't even 1/5th of the hype DkS (1) got, but I can imagine that this'll sell more than its predecessor!

Anyone think it'll perform worse?

Gorillaz

I've got a question. Is anyone actually glad for the inclusion of voice chat?
Probably won't use it unless with a few buds. For randoms I'll probably have it off
Thread ain't even 1/5th of the hype DkS (1) got, but I can imagine that this'll sell more than its predecessor!

it is ironic tho lol

I think it's people this time around are going PC and are dying of thirst to hear the date so it's "quiet".

dreamfall

They gotta give us a PC date!

There were a lot of smiles from Tanimura in that 2nd IGN dev diary - I'd be grinning like hell if there was some reassurance that it's coming soon. Otherwise, it might be a return to console!

Hanging in the balance, preparing to die.

Mupod

OBJECTION! The original OT took 4 days to get as many posts as this one has right now.

At any rate I'm seeing far more hype for dark souls 2, not just GAF but elsewhere. I think it'll easily smash the first week of sales even with console+PC users waiting on a prettier version.

The big difference this time is that Japan doesn't have a huge head start on NA/europe, so the speculation is out of control. Although now we've got streams so I guess I've gotta avoid places less scrupulous than GAF...all I want is detailed covenant information. I've heard some rumors so far and if they're true then holy shit, the
rat/gnawing
covenant is going to be amazing.

MilkBeard

I'll say this much. It looks a hell of a lot better than some of the rough screens that have been released.

You have a copy? Sweet. As for it looking better than the screens, I was expecting that. The video footage itself was an indication that it was going to look a lot better in motion than those crappy screens.

Gbraga

I hope the character creation is good too, but at the same time I really like how silly the faces look in the first game, so if they can't make it actually good, they should just go nuts with it instead of making it "slightly better".

no ps4 no buy. sold my 360

Your loss.

ironcreed

Banned
You have a copy? Sweet. As for it looking better than the screens, I was expecting that. The video footage itself was an indication that it was going to look a lot better in motion than those crappy screens.

No, I'm basing that on some of the stream footage I saw. It looks great.

Afrodium

Banned
I just watched a few minutes of a Twitch stream with horrible bitrate. Nothing was really spoiled, but the new UI looks damn sexy and functional. I also liked what I saw of the first area, as it looks different from anything that was on Dark Souls. I'm hoping to see more new environment types in the game, as a few places from Dark Souls felt like variations on Demon's Souls worlds (I'm looking at you, Blighttown).

Deitus

Aha! Got my delivery estimate on Amazon adjusted from the 13th to the 11th by changing the shipping speed to 1 day and then back to 2 day again. Thanks to the helpful posters in this thread for the tip.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well there is a spoiler thread for people to post them spoilers. Here spoilers are either spoiler tagged or not post em at all.

Ordered the guide and the game awhile ago from Amazon. Mostly getting it as a collectible and hopefully some pretty art. Anyone else pick up the guide?

Kieli

FromSoftware is ridiculously efficient. We're talking 2 year dev-cycles & they can squeeze their magic into 4 - 6 gigs of space.

Godly.

njean777

Ordered the guide and the game awhile ago from Amazon. Mostly getting it as a collectible and hopefully some pretty art. Anyone else pick up the guide?

I got the guide as well as the CE version for ps3 at gamestop. I got the first DS guide so I may as well get the second.

MilkBeard

FromSoftware is ridiculously efficient. We're talking 2 year dev-cycles & they can squeeze their magic into 4 - 6 gigs of space.

Godly.

That's probably because of very little voice acting and cutscenes. Who knows though. High quality uncompressed audio definitely takes up a lot of space.

I would do this if you could transfer saves. I'm not a person that does NG+ or replays games. I have no reason to double dpi because I don't want to play it all over again. I just want the damn PC version!

That's something I didn't consider.

I only go through Souls games once as well so I sympathize with your situation.

MilkBeard

Yeah I'm watching the GameSpot video and I think DS II actually looks very good for a lower-budget current gen title. They even zoom in on certain areas and the graphics hold up pretty well. I think the landscape design of what they've shown so far looks a bit better than Dark Souls as well.

Tex117

Banned
I watched the opening cinematic (which was awesome), and no more. I'm officially on media blackout mode now.

Good man!

The best part of the Souls games is discovery. I don't want a second spoiled.

I did look at the starting stats of the classes just so I don't spend 4 hours staring at character creating second guessing choices.

Swordsmen...Eff it.

I can't wait for this to come next week. All aboard the Dark Souls II hype train woo woo!!!

For whatever reason, the first time I played Dark Souls, I ended up not playing it right away and ended up using a guide for a lot of it...I promised myself I'd go through this time without using any guide or help for my first runthrough. Still haven't even decided what class I'm going to try first, I'm trying to know as little as possible. Can't wait for the community awesomeness.

Zaventem

So for anyone that's a fan of the halberd from Dark Souls 1 and planned on going str faith. I just saw the stats
20 str 14 dex D str C dex scaling at base. Looks like bandit is what i'm going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom