• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I'm listening to the game spot lobby thing without looking at the video. I'm not at risk of any spoilers right? I feel like such an idiot right now trying to get my fix in such a desperate way, but I need to hear people talking about this game right now.

Zaventem

Well you're at risk of spoiling an area of an enemy that was shown in pictures. 80% of everything else was the starting area.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, we need like a GAF self-help group or something for people who don't have the game yet and want to know about it but don't want to know about it.

Just turn it off and breath. Next week, the hype train will pull into the station and we will arrive. It will all be over before we know it.

MilkBeard

I'm listening to the game spot lobby thing without looking at the video. I'm not at risk of any spoilers right? I feel like such an idiot right now trying to get my fix in such a desperate way, but I need to hear people talking about this game right now.

Yeah I did that for whenever there was a cutscene or when he was talking about this place that blew him away, I stopped looking at the screen ha ha. Shortly after that I stopped watching because I saw enough to sate my appetite.

Salcin

Banned
I wonder if there will be any boss that takes people by surprise as much as this one.
cnUnt9q.gif

Hm that's not one bit funny that kid prolly suffered brain damage.

You must to give in to temptation guys. 6 more days ( actually I'm in the Uk :( )

Any word on which version is better, PS3 or 360? I don't feel like waiting for the PC release.

Graphically I don't think theres a difference. PS3 will have a far larger community though.

Persona7

Banned
You must to give in to temptation guys. 6 more days ( actually I'm in the Uk :( )

Graphically I don't think theres a difference. PS3 will have a far larger community though.

Where did you get that idea from? I just played Dark Souls on 360 today and it had a good amount of people playing.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Where did you get that idea from? I just played Dark Souls on 360 today and it had a good amount of people playing.

PS3 has the greater community if you include vets way back from Demon Souls, not to mention X360 installbase is almost non-existent in Japan

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think he means 360 will be barren, but for DkS the pool of players was larger on PS3, which made sense since many of them were coming from DS (and Japan).

Personally regardless of that I think the PS3 is a better choice if only because you're less likely to encounter hackers since 360s are much easier to spoof.

Seance

Banned
There aren't any numbers but its because the series started with Demons Souls, and also the 400k sales from Japan.

Speculation lawl

I saw on the Dark Souls wiki that more votes for people buying on PC than combined PS360. Guess that means that sales will be highest on PC lawl

Speculation lawl

I saw on the Dark Souls wiki that more votes for people buying on PC than combined PS360. Guess that means that sales will be highest on PC lawl

I have no doubt PS3 has the largest Souls community. Whether you want to agree or disagree is up to you.

RoeBear

Speculation lawl

I'd be surprised if those people can wait for the PC version. I'd cave and buy it on both, I'd assume most people that voted on the site are hardcore fans too.

Persona7

Banned
Don't think he means 360 will be barren, but for DkS the pool of players was larger on PS3, which made sense since many of them were coming from DS (and Japan).

Personally regardless of that I think the PS3 is a better choice if only because you're less likely to encounter hackers since 360s are much easier to spoof.

PS3 has that hacked game save thing, I don't know how popular it is though.

Either way 360 still has a decent playerbase and so does the PS3. I have not checked on PC lately.

Stimpack

PS3 has that hacked game save thing, I don't know how popular it is though.

Either way 360 still has a decent playerbase and so does the PS3. I have not checked on PC lately.

You think that people can't hack the 360 saves? or maybe you're saying it can be done on both, which is correct. He's correct in saying that you'll likely find less on the PS3, though. Hopefully this doesn't happen in Dark Souls 2, but I'm sure it will.

PS3 for sure has the biggest Soul fan base. Positive there are going to be more people on the PS3 version come release. Hell, the games originated on the PS3.

Trying to decide whether the collector's edition will be worthwhile, hoping the statue is of a decent quality. If any game is worth the extra cost though it's a Souls game :D

Persona7

Banned
You think that people can't hack the 360 saves? or maybe you're saying it can be done on both, which is correct. He's correct in saying that you'll likely find less on the PS3, though. Hopefully this doesn't happen in Dark Souls 2, but I'm sure it will.

Yes, I was trying to say it can be done on both. I don't know how it works on PS3 but according to a gamefaqs post I found it is as easy as sticking a file on a USB drive.

broony

really sorry to be asking such basic questions, but I have not played Dark Souls and I have not been looking at this game until now.

Roughly how long should I expect this game to be? 10, 20, 40 100 hours?

I have both a ps3 and 360, which version is likely to be the better running?

UnrealEck

So what are most people that want the PC version doing? Buying it for consoles or waiting? I really don't know what I should do.

If I get the PS3 version, I'll get it next week, get an awesome steel case and would be able to play along with everyone else online and avoid spoilers.

But if I wait for the PC version (which we don't really have a set date for yet) it'll look and run way better. But no case. And would probably somehow end up getting spoiled and miss out on finding things out along with everyone else online.

UGH.
I'm waiting for the PC version. Just hold off and the payoff will be worth it to experience the game for the first time in that fluid high, consistant frame rate with high resolution and (hopefully) enhanced graphics.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
really sorry to be asking such basic questions, but I have not played Dark Souls and I have not been looking at this game until now.

Souls games for a first timer I would estimate at 40+ hours to finish, nearly limitless replay value.

Should run the same on both.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
PS3 has the greater community if you include vets way back from Demon Souls, not to mention X360 installbase is almost non-existent in Japan

I would be willing to bet a titanite slab that Japan is not the biggest in terms of dark souls community.

Dark Souls hit a chord with players the world over because it doesn't treat them like children from start to finish.

The vast majority of people I have invaded, been invaded by, summoned or been summoned by have been American even though I am Australian.

Sinfamy

Depends how much you want out of the game.
Across all my characters I have nearly 500.

The game doesn't end after you "beat it". But doing so is less then 10 hours for a normal person I believe.

Also on PS3 as the 360 D-Pad is horseshit and innacurate, I've made plenty of mistakes with it.

I would be willing to bet a titanite slab that Japan is not the biggest in terms of dark souls community.

Dark Souls hit a chord with players the world over because it doesn't treat them like children from start to finish.

The vast majority of people I have invaded, been invaded by, summoned or been summoned by have been American even though I am Australian.

Thats not the point. The point is the 400k Japanese install base is all on PS3 making the PS3 install base even bigger. Obviously Souls sells more in the West.

MilkBeard

The game doesn't end after you "beat it". But doing so is less then 10 hours for a normal person I believe.

Also on PS3 as the 360 D-Pad is horseshit and innacurate, I've made plenty of mistakes with it.

Less than 10 to beat Dark Souls first try? That has to be a typo.

I'm definitely not a fast player, as I take my time and explore, but I spent close to 100 hours first play through. I did some completionary stuff and played around with finding good weapons and played mostly without a manual, though.

From what I gathered, it seems 40-60 hours is average for most first time players.

broony

Souls games for a first timer I would estimate at 40+ hours to finish, nearly limitless replay value.

Should run the same on both.

Thank you both. Two small kids make my gaming time limited. Good to hear it is not ridiculous length.

slash3584

Im so desperate to get this game ASAP that i'm tempted to cancel my Collectors Edition pre-order on Amazon UK and just get the US digital version (my main account is a US one) so I can play it on the 11th.

Get it early and save some money, or get it one week later with some other goodies?

This is my first time buying a collectors edition, so i'm not sure if those goodies will be worth the wait+money :(

Soriku

What?

Demon's Souls was 40 hours if you beat the game and did the World Tendency events. Dark Souls is closer to 50, if not 60 or more (YMMV).

halfbeast

Banned
Im so desperate to get this game ASAP that i'm tempted to cancel my Collectors Edition pre-order on Amazon UK and just get the US digital version (my main account is a US one) so I can play it on the 11th.

Get it early and save some money, or get it one week later with some other goodies?

This is my first time buying a collectors edition, so i'm not sure if those goodies will be worth the wait+money :(

get the digital version and wait for a ps4/xbone special edition.

Steez

Aww man, there are so many spoilers circling the internet with early copies being released into the wild.

Stay strong, brethren. Stay strong.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Why not both? PS3 day one, pc after first playthrough. Easiest double-dip ever, considering all the time I'll be spending on this game.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Why not both? PS3 day one, pc after first playthrough. Easiest double-dip ever, considering all the time I'll be spending on this game.

This is what I'm doing.

I'm renting the PS3 version from Gamefly and buying the PC version when it hits Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom