• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Anyone having an issue where you set your white summon down but once you get summoned it cancels the summon and you cant use it again? It's been happening to me and once it happens all messages and bloodstains disappear until i exit the game and reload my save.

It's very weird considering in human form I can summon others fine. Maybe just launch issues though.

Yeah, it's happened to me once. Hopefully they can patch it. Fortunately most of my summons are successful. I'm so so so so so glad I can actually be summoned and summon other people this time. It was a very rare occurrence in DS1. Basically had to solo the game on PC.

No one responded to my last question and I need some guidance for when I jump back in. I last visited the forest and found the guy in the tunnel talking about maps. After that I could'nt figure out where to go. There is the previous area with the ladder, locked doors, and flames. Am I missing something?

BigDug13

Why is this game so much brighter as far as calibration? In DS1 the dragon disappears one click below half way on the calibration bar. In DS2 the dragon is still barely visible when I've dropped the calibration tool down as far as it will go. So essentially I can't calibrate this game correctly without fucking with my TV settings that worked just fine in the other game.

Sephzilla

The loading times are the worst. Longer than the first game, and more frequent. You could for example go to Sens-> Anor Londo via the gargoyle without it loading, but similar transitions in this game bring up load screens. For the amount of times I'm dying, the load times are really grating.

I'm really hoping that an optimization patch is coming

Wow I was blown away by what I just played. Enemy tactics have been taken to a whole new level! I finally reached an area where light was needed and the gameplay scenarios revolving around the fire was incredible!

I am talking about the wharf, how they try to douse you with oil to ignite you. Or those enemies that fear fire. Just amazing.

Dude, this giant is killing me in one hit and his reach is ridiculous. What the hell?

I'm really starting to doubt this swordsman build.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Wow I was blown away by what I just played. Enemy tactics have been taken to a whole new level! I finally reached an area where light was needed and the gameplay scenarios revolving around the fire was incredible!

I am talking about the wharf, how they try to douse you with oil to ignite you. Or those enemies that fear fire. Just amazing.

have you used a
pharros lockstone
there yet? One of the best moments in the game for me :)

I am still wondering if anyone fully understands the agility system in this game. Weight seems to still be the determining factor in how fast you move and roll. So then what does adaptability do?

Conezays

I'm finding the loading times impossible to handle sometimes. I got almost 40 seconds on the PS3 just an hour ago. It's just absurd.

For sure...just coming straight off of Demon's, even the graphics seem a little rough around the edges for me...I don't know. Just something seems a bit "off" graphically-still doesn't diminish the gameplay, but yeah, if I had more patience, I'd be holding off for the PC version, haha.

georly

have you used a
pharros lockstone

I did that on my first character but
decided not to waste it for the second one. Nice thing to see, but torches do the job just as well. Actually, better, since you can scare them and murder them in houses too.

Sullichin

Yeah, while it might be evident that the torch was at some point required in some areas that are now just kinda dark (it's still helpful in some of these), I think it's used enough that it doesn't feel like an abandoned mechanic as some are saying.

I pretty much need it in
The Gutter, the Blightown+Tomb of the Giants hybrid.

have you used a
pharros lockstone

Yup it was amazing and makes me wonder about the whole lighting thing cause the lighting was damn good there.

Though just to be sure
it simply lit up the area right? Last time I used one of those stones I got items.

The loading times are the worst. Longer than the first game, and more frequent. You could for example go to Sens-> Anor Londo via the gargoyle without it loading, but similar transitions in this game bring up load screens. For the amount of times I'm dying, the load times are really grating.

Disc version? The loading times are absolutely fine imo. I have the digital version, 10 seconds loading maybe. 15 seconds in multiplayer.

No one responded to my last question and I need some guidance for when I jump back in. I last visited the forest and found the guy in the tunnel talking about maps. After that I could'nt figure out where to go. There is the previous area with the ladder, locked doors, and flames. Am I missing something?

From the forest you should be able to move to the area in the Demo and fight a boss. Or if your stuck, Go back to Majula and go through the path in the building to the left (if your facing the crestfallen dude by the spire) There is a big gate you have to trigger down there. if you standing right in front of the gate,
look up to the left ledge and there is chain you have to pull.

Manus

So I'm looking for the armor set that was past the Pursuer. I seemed to have missed it and can't find it for anything.

NVM found them.

HeelPower

It looks silly when an enemy is running at you from far away, with like half of his animation frames

its pretty obvious the current consoles are too underpowered for this game.

Its exactly like playing FF14 on PS3.

I wish I could wait for some next gen version but who knows when it might come.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
People in here saying game is super hard, people in here saying game went casual, people upset about technical performance and I'm just over here like "~_~ I luv dis gaim"

embalm

Anyone figure out how to reset npc hostility or absolve sins yet?

I have a very angry cleric who i can't seem to kill and she's holding an important item hostage.

derwalde

so how does turning human when being hollow (besides human effigy) work? i helped a guy killing a boss in his world, after that i was still hollow. on the other hand, i helped another guy online and he died. after that i was human!?

Aeana

I just finished the F
orest of Fallgen Giants
, but I still have yet to find a staff besides the one I started with. Is there a vendor somewhere, or one I can find in a place coming up? I keep finding all of this cool melee equipment but I'm still in pretty much what I started with. Feels bad.

so how does turning human when being hollow (besides human effigy) work? i helped a guy killing a boss in his world, after that i was still hollow. on the other hand, i helped another guy online and he died. after that i was human!?

Bothering me too. I have no clue. Sometimes I get full estus flasks and all my weapons reinforced as well but no human change. It almost seems random.

NIN90

From the bonfire go down the ladder, go left, head outside and go up the tree.

dalVlatko

I've noticed that I can become human by getting summoned but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone know exactly how it works?

CronoShot

Got my CE in, gonna start here in a bit.

Question though: are there any stats that shouldn't really be leveled (like Resistance in DS1)? I know I can respec, but I would rather avoid any major problems.

NIN90

I just finished the F
orest of Fallgen Giants
, but I still have yet to find a staff besides the one I started with. Is there a vendor somewhere, or one I can find in a place coming up? I keep finding all of this cool melee equipment but I'm still in pretty much what I started with. Feels bad.

There's one hidden behind a wall in the area that Pate (think that's his name? The dude who gives you the summon stone.) sends you. This is not an illusory wall tho, you gotta hit X/A to open it.
It's in the hallway where about 4 or 5 enemies come down some stairs.

Sullichin

anyone know where I can find the great club? not a fan of the large club moveset

Heh, all my posts referring to the Great Club should actually have been about the Large Club. I mixed up the names. I really like it, I suggest giving it another shot. It's better two handed for sure. I've found that the 2H R2 is the best move for that weapon. I love it, it's way faster than before. It also combos into a two hitting swing which does crazy damage, which is great for big bosses and groups where you can position yourself as they're recovering from being slammed into the god damn ground.

Any one know what the world wide deaths are now I hears it was close to 3 million ps3 + 360

It was over 3.1 million a while ago when I checked (PS3)

I just finished the F
orest of Fallgen Giants

It feels like this game (like the last ones, I guess) had way more thought put into the melee than magic or ranged. It's a shame.

HeelPower

It's always a trade off, though, when you explore the deepest reaches of the universe in say, blight town or tomb of giants or whatever, (at the time it seems like the deepest depths of the universe) you're committed. you really are there. if you found a bonfire to save your ass, well, you're there now and you'll have to find a way out. it added tension and atmosphere to the game which the sequel lacks. there are plusses and minuses, I'm not prepared to say TPing is better, that said, with a world as big as DS2 it may be less practical to not have it.

The feeling of isolation is was truly part of the first game.Especially feeling" I am screwed in this area". But then darksouls allows you to to teleport in the second half of the game.

Its a smart fusion of demon's souls and dark souls traversal systems.

Only thing is is there a reason they changed levelling up from bonfires? It seems like a change that wastes time. You can fast travel right back to Mujala anyway but you gotta sit through the loading screen everytime.I don't see the point in forcing players to go back everytime. Unless the lady gets captured or something.

I don't know why the decided to that.I think its just a reference to demon's souls.They want a nexus style system.

embalm

I've noticed that I can become human by getting summoned but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I believe its gradual. Depending on how hollow you are and how much you help you come home less hollow. When Im all the way down to 50% health it usually takes two summons to become human again.

Starting to regret wasting points in dex on my cleric to wield the halberd when the mace is apparently wrecking shit for everyone else.

Please don't spoil the exact location, but can anyone who's found the item to enhance weapons to scale with faith let me know how far in the game you were when you found it?

georly

I believe its gradual. Depending on how hollow you are and how much you help you come home less hollow. When Im all the way down to 50% health it usually takes two summons to become human again.

Been trying to figure this out myself. I've heard conflicting reports. Some people say theyre restored even at 50% health, so i dunno what's going on. One of my characters cant revert to human no matter how many people i help. Maybe has to do w/ the boss? Or maybe the equipment you're using? Or maybe who you're helping? Or maybe your level difference? I dunno. No one has been able to provide an answer to me so far.

derwalde

another question: what is a good equip load? 50% doesnt seem to be the cut off. i know it somehow works in conjunction with adaptility, but in what way exactly?

on another topic: i started as an dex-build but the weapons felt underwhelming till now (rapier+5 is cute, but you dont stagger shit with it). going right into quality now (looking at you halberd).

i reaaaallyy hope there are unlimited amounts of shards and large shards.

Aeana

There's one hidden behind a wall in the area that Pate (think that's his name? The dude who gives you the summon stone.) sends you. This is not an illusory wall tho, you gotta hit X/A to open it.
It's in the hallway where about 4 or 5 enemies come down some stairs.
Oh.
I went in there, the gate closed, and I died. When I returned, the gate was still closed, so I couldn't go in. I couldn't figure out how to get back in there. Is there a way?

EDIT: I looked it up and that staff is the same one I've got anyway.

Zeliard

Dude, this giant is killing me in one hit and his reach is ridiculous. What the hell?

I'm really starting to doubt this swordsman build.

Problem with Swordsman is he starts off with extremely low Adaptability, and along with his very low Vigor (lowest of all starting classes), it can be a very squishy class.

I think the dual wielding is wonderful, but if I were to start over I'd pick Deprived for leveling freedom or something like Knight for his much higher Vigor and higher ADP, and decent STR/DEX. All classes in Souls games eventually homogenize but class choice can be fairly significant for the early game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom