• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe weight controls the animation type you get, and adaptability controls the actual speed or invincibility frames?

There are some optional enemies in
Giant's Forest and Bastille
that have lightning damage weapons as a guaranteed drop, which I believe inherently scales with faith. There's also a covenant in
Heide's Tower
that lets you buy an item that will make weapons have lightning damage.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the tooltip in the weapon stat screen implies that all lightning damage scales with faith. Hope that helps.

It definitely does, thanks for the heads up.

Holy crap, just checked on one of early game messages I left and it had a rating of 117, highest I've seen I think! Don't think I got a single rating in the original!
Me either, but when I was playing through Forest of Giants I'd get a "your message was rated" message every minute or so (I left a lot of messages). It'd be annoying if it weren't so cool. Hope I helped some people out of a jam.

Grinchy

Banned
Dude, this giant is killing me in one hit and his reach is ridiculous. What the hell?

I'm really starting to doubt this swordsman build.

Stick with it. I was getting decimated early on too, but now I love it. It's a very hard build IMO if you actually go through the game without using a shield. But if you can manage to do it, you'll just be that much better at it.

georly

My copy of DS2 finally came in today and my fiance just sent me a picture of it with our dog Sif. So pumped to get home today.

1660480_601333473292119_1084242499_n.jpg

That's so perfect. Let namco bandai know on twitter!

Gotta wait til UK launch on Friday but a question to ask:

How is the lack of respawning enemies working for people? Its my biggest fear in the game.

Kysen

Died non stop to those 3 sentinels, burned through 3 effigies and stuck with 50% health. Killed the trash mobs so many times they stopped spawning then I said fuck it and summoned some helpers. The estus flask is precious in this game, seems healing overall is way lower.

After killing them I just put my sign outside their door and got chain summoned for 3hours. Walked away with a huge number of souls. Having a dedicated server this time around is so much better. Had zero failed summons.

Drake

I can't even watch the Giant Bomb quick look of this game. Brad is so frustratingly bad. He's so bad it makes me wonder how he actually beats other games to review.

Died non stop to those 3 sentinels, burned through 3 effigies and stuck with 50% health. Killed the trash mobs so many times they stopped spawning then I said fuck it and summoned some helpers. The estus flask is precious in this game, seems healing overall is way lower.

After killing them I just put my sign outside their door and got chain summoned for 3hours. Walked away with a huge number of souls. Having a dedicated server this time around is so much better. Had zero failed summons.

When you're summoned now, do you lose your souls if you die? I liked that you didn't in DkS1. Also, do you have to be human?

Grinchy

Banned
Gotta wait til UK launch on Friday but a question to ask:

How is the lack of respawning enemies working for people? Its my biggest fear in the game.

I hate to admit it, but so far I like it. Early on when the swordsman class (and I) sucked, I was getting frustrated by how easily I could die from something stupid at the beginning of a section.

I was making no progress, dying a ton. It got to the point where I was just going through killing grunts until I had 1000 souls so I could go back and level up ADP. Then the beginning enemies that I had killed a bunch of times stopped spawning. Suddenly I could progress further. This helped me get past a zone that was giving me way too much trouble with my half health.

Also it's just less annoying when I am going back through the area to grab something or explore other parts of the zone that I missed before. If you are worried about not having enough souls, co-op has you covered. I get summoned immediately after putting a sign down. I was able to grind a boss over and over again to level like crazy. It's not an issue at all (if you play online).

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I'm not sure where to go anymore. I just beat "No Mans Warf". Now where to? I'm pretty sure everyplace in my bonfire has been conquered.

spliced

Woot! I took down my first boss
Dragonrider
. Not sure if that's the first boss for most people. Getting to the boss was a bloodstained graveyard but really fun.

Kysen

When you're summoned now, do you lose your souls if you die? I liked that you didn't in DkS1. Also, do you have to be human?

If you get summoned and fail any items used stay used. If you succeed any items used get reset when you return to your world. In both cases you keep your souls and if you win you get bonus souls. Its the easiest way to farm souls for levels. Yes you need to be in human form. Also I'm playing from the UK and lag is fine.

Manus

For people that need help on the 3 sentinels. Theirs an NPc phantom you can summon in a cell before the fight. Her magic is some of the strongest magic I've seen a summon use. She really helped me out.

Antagon

This game is brutal. Probably died close to 10 times now and I haven't even seen the first boss. The game really seems to force you to fight groups of enemies now, quite challenging. But it does feel like I'm learning.

If you get summoned and fail any items used stay used. If you succeed any items used get reset when you return to your world. In both cases you keep your souls and if you win you get bonus souls. Its the easiest way to farm souls for levels. Yes you need to be in human form. Also I'm playing from the UK and lag is fine.

Awesome! Do you turn to Human using Humanity?

Jb

Finally unpetrified the statue near Majula.
Wait, what the fuck. Wait is that a......? NOOOOooooOOOOOO

Kysen

This game is brutal. Probably died close to 10 times now and I haven't even seen the first boss. The game really seems to force you to fight groups of enemies now, quite challenging. But it does feel like I'm learning.

Yep and the average grunt is only a couple of swings away from killing you. Makes things really tricky when you get more than 2 of them.

Antagon

Yep and the average grunt is only a couple of swings away from killing you. Makes things really tricky when you get more than 2 of them.

Yeah, there's places where I seem to have to fight four. At that point you have to be really careful and if you ever get cornered you're dead.

Clevinger

Nope. Only need to be human to summon. Hollows can be summoned.

Grudy

Are upgrade shards really that rare? I really wanna upgrade my flame longsword cause it fits me so well as a battle mage. Are there better swords that scale with int later in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom