• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

Anyone else feel like this game is just going through the paces? It lacks something.... It feels more like a clone/wannabe, rather than an actual "Souls" game.

I sorta get that feeling, but I always hated the early part of the games in the souls series. Forest of giants is kind of shitty and reminds of copy/paste of Undead Burg. I hated Undead Burg though and the game didn't click with me until i got to the Depths and beyond. Once you start getting phat lewts and progressing, the game gets A LOT funner (at least for me).

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
PvP!!!

I am in the sparring arena section, this is so much fun! I am destroying everyone. I only lost once cause of my own stupidity. I dont have any super weapons or anything but I do have magic and and swords so it messes everyone up. Last fight was over in 30 seconds I didnt even get touched. Some of these maps are sweet too!

Where's that area?

Okay, how do you get the item that is:

in the forest area that is off from the hub town, you fight the guys by the stream, theres a bonfire, then you can climb up the ladder to a big circular area with a bunch of enemies and an archer sniping you. If you go outside from there there is another ladder, and across the way you see an item that ends up being on a ledge that's basically above the bonfire, how do I get over there?

Side note, who is that white armor guy and why can't i talk to him?

Wondering the same thing.

And he's a Heide Knight. Kill him for his cool sword. Put him out of his misery.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any tips for
The Giant Frog and the monsters that go around it on the Shaded Woods?

What should I be looking for to beat those things. Takes too long with my electric cheap weapon and magic barely does anything.

Fbh

It seems like they really tried to balance all play styles this time around. In DS I played a very fast Dex/Pyro and my 2nd char was an INT caster with Moonlight Sword/Giants armor/Dark magic :) I am going to go STR this time since the roll speed is the same for everyone up to 70% equip burden. However, if you want to play a fast character, bump your ADP to 20 ASAP, and then bump it to 30 later in the game. (you can be a fast moving character with any build this time around)

Base damage seems to be a much bigger deal in this game, since they nerfed scaling bonuses when compared to DS1.

Thx for the info.

Might go with STR this time.

Just to have a pseudo Guts (from berserk) char.

Okay, how do you get the item that is:

in the forest area that is off from the hub town, you fight the guys by the stream, theres a bonfire, then you can climb up the ladder to a big circular area with a bunch of enemies and an archer sniping you. If you go outside from there there is another ladder, and across the way you see an item that ends up being on a ledge that's basically above the bonfire, how do I get over there?

Side note, who is that white armor guy and why can't i talk to him?

If you attack the white knight you can fight him.
Make sure to take care of the archer on the second floor as he can get annoying.The knight is rather hard (compared to the other regular enemies in the area) but drops a cool electric word

Artorias

Banned
What soul level are you guys when you're fighting the Sentinels? I'm at 35 and still getting one shotted.

I leveled from 35 to 45 just doing coop runs on them to get a strategy down. They are pretty unpredictable!

The biggest help for me by far, was summoning the NPC instead of a 2nd player. We killed the first guy on the ledge, and the NPC tanked the 2nd one until we killed the 3rd. The NPC died and we finished the last guy. I've done the same thing with 2 others in coop, it seems much easier. If you move away from the NPC, the Sentinel seems to just stay on him.

Jagxyz

Interesting bug, I killed an enemy right as the screen turned black (I was summoned). When in the host's world, I could pick up the loot of the monster I had just killed. What's interesting is that when I got back to my world, the loot was still there so I got it twice.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Beat the old dragonhunter boss in the cathedral.

I am unstoppable! PvP is so much better now that the moronic backstab is fixed.
They didn't really change backstabbing though.. They made other things way better , but in a 1v1 backstabbing is more or less unchanged, isn't it? You must mean the dedicated servers = less lagstabs

vilmer_

I'm hoping we can get some cool, crazy ass looking weapons like the Meat Cleaver or Dragon Bone Smasher.

I am done that and joined that covenant but how do you spar?

For some reason he wouldn't let me join lol. Wonder if it's because I'm in human form.

LProtag

Uh, this dude is saying I'm a transient being, but I don't remember doing anything.

Is there a way to get absolved in the game?

Sakura

What soul level are you guys when you're fighting the Sentinels? I'm at 35 and still getting one shotted.

I was 48, I killed the first one on my first try but got rocked by the other two, and having to run through all the enemies just to get back is a hassle so I went somewhere else.

The framerate on PS3 clearly goes above 30 and stays there in certain areas. I just arrived at The Lost Bastille and here is a perfect example of this.
Yea, some parts feel 50~60. Framerate is pretty solid overall. Maybe DF didn't play through the whole game and just the beginning areas.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Lemme see dem save file stats
13116261525_6027df6a1c_z.jpg

Want to get a general idea where everyone is at. I'm saving the boss souls even though I'm not gonna craft any crazy weapons this playthrough.

Yea, some parts feel 50~60. Framerate is pretty solid overall. Maybe DF didn't play through the whole game and just the beginning areas.

In the 360 version, in the cave before the Wharf I swear that framerate shoots WAY up. Likely the same for the PS3.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Okay GAF i already killed 3 of the Big Bad Ones only 1 left, but where do i find it? Here are the guys i already killed

The Rotten
Lost Sinner
Old Iron King

MrDaravon

You motherfuckers saying parrying in this game is easier are crazy. I pretty much cruised through DkS doing parry/riposte, but I can't parry to save my fucking life here. Combined with what they did to riposte (I hate it) I may just give up on it and go a medium/heavy build with blocking.

Persona7

Banned
I was 48, I killed the first one on my first try but got rocked by the other two, and having to run through all the enemies just to get back is a hassle so I went somewhere else.

At the very start the framerate does seem well above 30FPS but it goes down as enemies and other things are on screen. My friend with the 360 version is also telling me the same thing.

Got my collector's edition this morning! Soooo excited! :D

One thing though, is the tin case for the game inside the CE supposed to have an outer plastic slip cover thing? My one doesn't, its just the tin case.

Gonna look pretty dumb on my shelf without spine art even saying the name etc. :(

Sakura

In the 360 version, in the cave before the Wharf I swear that framerate shoots WAY up. Likely the same for the PS3.

Yea that's where I am right now (on PS3) and it has to be close to 60.

You motherfuckers saying parrying in this game is easier are crazy. I pretty much cruised through DkS doing parry/riposte, but I can't parry to save my fucking life here. Combined with what they did to riposte (I hate it) I may just give up on it and go a medium/heavy build with blocking.
Yea. I can backstab fine, but can't parry to save my life. I used to be pretty good at it in Demons Souls and Dark Souls too...

Persona7

Banned
Got my collector's edition this morning! Soooo excited! :D

One thing though, is the tin case for the game inside the CE supposed to have an outer plastic slip cover thing? My one doesn't, its just the tin case.

Gonna look pretty dumb on my shelf without spine art even saying the name etc. :(

Yeah, it was sealed with plastic and inside a cardboard cover.

Sub_Level

So what does the small white soapstone do?

Supposedly it's to help players for a limited amount of time. That's what I read on one of the loading screens anyway. Doesn't let you last as long as a white phantom as a regular sized white soapstone.

Possibly for boss fights? From may have noticed the tendency for players to leave their signs before certain fog gates...

ironcreed

Banned
Old Dragonslayer is toast. Now,
how do I un-petrify the lady holding the lever outside of Majula?
I kind of want to go that way next.

Sub_Level

Minor spoilers.

Anyone know how to get on the ship.

In the Wharf? I assume you rang the bell near the top of the area, if not do that first. You can't miss it, but it is way up there. Afterwards, descend from there but not the same way you came. You have to jump down a couple platforms hugging the mountain and eventually find your way to a different plank boardwalk. It leads directly to the ship.

Old Dragonslayer is toast. Now,
how do I un-petrify the lady holding the lever outside of Majula?
I kind of want to go that way next.

I did not go that way, nope. That Old Dragonslayer area doesn't have a lot to it, but look around regardless. Have you been to the
Wharf? It's another offshoot from the Tower area

theytookourjobz

In the Wharf? I assume you rang the bell near the top of the area, if not do that first. You can't miss it, but it is way up there. Afterwards, descend from there but not the same way you came. You have to jump down a couple platforms hugging the mountain and eventually find your way to a different plank boardwalk. It leads directly to the ship.

Having trouble with that boss and it's super annoying that there's no shortcut to open. :/

Brohan

Someone was asking about the item degradation ring, i just found it
(it's in lost bastille, past 2 very sneaky secret Doors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom