• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukuu

Banned
The enemy respawn depletion is just frustrating. Okay, so I tend to make some flubs in this game and I frequently lose several thousand souls on my way back to the hub for cash ins on levels and items. When I make these flubs and lose those souls, and often, I keep running up against the depletions. So I have this open world game with no enemies in it and a large sense that I've wasted so much of my time.

God, I hope there's a solution to this we all haven't found yet because it's making me not like this game.

there is an item that lets you respawn them for another 15 kills. it'll permanently make them ng+ level tho (apparently).
also respawns the boss.

Item Spoiler

CLORANTHY RING, YESSSSSSS MY FRIEND YOU ARE BACK AGAIN.

and can be upgraded to +3!

halfbeast

Banned
Also, is there any way to replenish vendor inventory or when they're sold out of something is that it for good?

I'm starting to get really worried about Human Effigies...

they'll replenish once you reach NG+

...I hope!

also, haven't used any of my human effigies. I usually mini-coop to regain humanity by helping somebody else for something like 5 minutes?

also, anybody know what's with getting revived when the host dies? it happened a couple of times now and I'm curious if it's a glitch or a design choice?

BigDug13

I guess since my question has been ignored twice, that nobody knows the answer and therefore I can't make a decision as to which copy of the game to buy. I've rented the disc version and every 10 seconds is a hiccup where the PS3 has to try to catch up while streaming off the disc. The optical drive is whizzing and whirring like crazy the entire time I play. Does the digital copy of this game on PS3 have these hiccups that the disc version has?

Customizing a character and pressing "random" meant a 60 second load of 6 faces to choose from and it really struggled to do it as the drive was going crazy. Does this also happen in the digital version?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This game seems a lot more difficult than DS1. These "big" bosses are such a pain in the ass. Maybe it's just because I'm not summoning help this game.

Jeramii

Banned
I guess since my question has been ignored twice, that nobody knows the answer and therefore I can't make a decision as to which copy of the game to buy. I've rented the disc version and every 10 seconds is a hiccup where the PS3 has to try to catch up while streaming off the disc. The optical drive is whizzing and whirring like crazy the entire time I play. Does the digital copy of this game on PS3 have these hiccups that the disc version has?

I've only had a couple tiny hiccups on the digital version... very very very minor hickups and very rare. I'm playing on a 60gb launch system, with a 500gb 7200rpm HDD.

Customizing a character and pressing "random" meant a 60 second load of 6 faces to choose from and it really struggled to do it as the drive was going crazy. Does this also happen in the digital version?
I have a feeling that since the thread is moving quickly that my question will go unanswered as well.

Fhtagn

Interesting. I've played for 2 hours and some change and already found four shards for my flask. Guessing they just get harder to find then?

I found a fifth immediately there after, and one set of ashes to increase the flask strength. I also have no idea whether I'm blazing through the game or playing extremely slowly. I think somewhere in between.

sappyday

Yes it does

Brohan

I think ive found
The guy that Let's you join the blue knights, but hè says im not needed, what are the prerequisites?

I think ive found
The guy that Let's you join the blue knights, but hè says im not needed, what are the prerequisites?
You need a token of fidelity. Just go and slap your white soapstone down, help someone beat the boss, and your in.

Just a word of warning however, I've been in this covenant for more than four hours and I have yet to be summoned once.

halfbeast

Banned
I've done a lot of exploring at this point, and is it safe to say that
Forest of Fallen Giants
is where I should be heading right after reaching
Majula
? (very early game spoilers)

yeah, it feels very undead burg'ish. if you go basically the other way from Majula's bonfire, there's a cave that leads to another area
(forgot the name, Heide something something, it has all those giant knights) - the regular enemies can be tough, but the boss is super easy.
I'd suggest to try them both.

Brohan

You need a token of fidelity. Just go and slap your white soapstone down, help someone beat the boss, and your in.

Just a word of warning however, I've been in this covenant for more than four hours and I have yet to be summoned once.

Ok thx, servers aint up here yet anyways sadly. Will probably make a new character when do servers are up.

Sullichin

is something with multiple scaling always going to be better? So in other words, is a weapon with, say, B str D dex gonna be better always (on a str character) than a weapon with just B str? or is it somehow distributing things in some weird way.

I upgraded the Bastard Sword to lightning to try out the upgrade paths. It lowered the STR/DEX scaling but since I'm only invested in STR, it might be worth the tradeoff. But if I took my Large Club + 10 with S STR scaling down that path, it would lower the STR scaling to B, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth it.

EDIT: I misread your question. Some weapons upgrade their scaling as you upgrade. Pretty sure the large club only started with B or A STR scaling. Something that scales off of two stats isn't necessarily better or worse, it depends on the weapon.

Prototype

You can use homeward bone during bosses now.

Wow, did not know this. Thanks for the tip.

Dude's an ass-kicker when solo. I heard summoning help to man the ballistas trivializes things, though.

ya, I ended up kiting him and the guy I summon spammed soul arrow until it was over. I actually tried the ballista method once but I was in the way when the dude I summoned shot it and it hit me and I died LOL. 1hitKO.

Navy Bean

I don't remember ordering the collector's edition guide but it showed up today. Holy shit is it nice!! Anyone else get this? Is it actually worth it to read in advance? I won't be able to start playing for a few days....

ironcreed

Banned
I don't remember ordering the collector's edition guide but it showed up today. Holy shit is it nice!! Anyone else get this? Is it actually worth it to read in advance? I won't be able to start playing for a few days....

Mine was supposed to be here today, but looks like it will be tomorrow instead.

Maybesew

I upgraded the Bastard Sword to lightning to try out the upgrade paths. It lowered the STR/DEX scaling but since I'm only invested in STR, it might be worth the tradeoff. But if I took my Large Club + 10 with S STR scaling down that path, it would lower the STR scaling to B, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be worth it.

That's how it worked in Dark Souls 1 as well. You trade stat scaling for the elemental damage.

An example: http://darksouls.wikidot.com/uchigatana

Does anyone know how many routes lead out of Majula? I've hit a dead end.

I've only found two so far. One going to the
Forest
and the other going to the
umm... Tower.. Flames... Hei...something.
I think the
hole in the center of the hub might lead somewhere, but I'm not certain.

koryuken

In Dark Souls it completely removes stat scaling. In DS2, the scaling is still there but lowered (e.g S to B). It's more like how magic weapons work in DS, I'm talking about lightning.

I understand that scaling in general is severely nerfed. Even S scaling is nowhere near as good as it was in Dark Souls. It seems that higher base damage + special bonuses (bleed/poison) are a much bigger priority this time around. Additionally, weapon buffs have been nerfed a lot -- only 30% damage max.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Fuck respawn limits.

In the first area, there's a jump I'm trying to make for an item. Normally, this would be a personal challenge; I can't quite get it right, but I'm so close I can taste it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid to despawn the whole area before this jump, so I'm actually going to give up for now. Just casting a cloud over everything I do.

Also, does anyone know how to compare new equipment to my currently equipped stuff? I can't seem to figure out how to tell how much dmg scaling adds on weapons since it only shows base until you equip it. I also want to buy armor but can't compare it to what I have without backing out and memorizing my individual pieces' stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom