• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mana Sin

Out of curiosity, can I get Amazon to send me the game on the 11th if I don't have Prime?

I had to pre-order the PS3 version today after realizing I couldn't bear the wait for the PC version. I don't mind giving From a bit more of my money.

Sickbean

Definitely going with Bandit first playthrough. Screw Adaptability - it's probably another troll stat. I'll wait to be proven wrong before spending souls on it.

2AdEPT

That's exactly what Scamco wants.
Does an addict not know that the drug is bad for them? I hate oil companies but drive a car...etc. etc. etc. its just a life tax I am wiling to pay as a peon in a greater existence.

Yup, that's the bright side: FROM has more they want to do with Dark Souls, look forward to next-gen continuation of the series
The way you're talking the PC crowd might actually get a few different enemies etc?!?!!? I cant see it happening though, and I still think the marketing train is more to blame for this delayed release than that they are trying extra hard to give PC players something extra special.
Ordered the guide and the game awhile ago from Amazon. Mostly getting it as a collectible and hopefully some pretty art. Anyone else pick up the guide?
In addition to the day one copy of ps3 version:

Guide ordered; new blood red ps3 controller ordered off ebay for $30 (I have one that works decent, but if it goes the way of sticking lie the others I dont want to pay $60 for emergency replacement); splitter ordered to go with my new avermedia gamer pro HD so I can record all of my gameplay from what I hope will be the best game ever created to date in HD.

Definitely going with Bandit first playthrough. Screw Adaptability - it's probably another troll stat. I'll wait to be proven wrong before spending souls on it.

Souls is about making your character as lean as possible and enduring gimped vitality etc. but I doubt you will want to gimp adaptability, nor ?vitality? (the equip burden one) .....my guess is SL 1 guys will be setting the bar with minimum adaptability. If nothing else, fast roll is key for souls, plus now it governs all movement speed including parrying, swinging weapons, casting speed etc. These are important for skilled players and challenge runs....Lobos jr. would look kinda out of role mid-rolling around on his Kirk armour only run etc.
count me in for :
#Team fast roll from bonfire #1 till eternity.

I suspect the PVP and challenge runs will have SL qualifications thqt the community will set, but also qualify it with minimum adaptability....whatever it takes to get a good fast roll going, midroll will not cut it. The worst part is that they put that awful resistance into it. Talk about too many cooks spoiling the broth!!!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Based on the beta stress test it's possibly one of the most important stats if it really combines agility and resistance.

Shinjica

Does an addict not know that the drug is bad for them? I hate oil companies but drive a car...etc. etc. etc. its just a life tax I am wiling to pay as a peon in a greater existence.

This is a bad example. You need a car to go to work or do important thing. You dont need Dark Souls 2 for living.

Swordy

It won't be, I tested it during the Beta and you noticed quite a difference when putting points into Agility, everything was much more fluid.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Ordered the guide and the game awhile ago from Amazon. Mostly getting it as a collectible and hopefully some pretty art. Anyone else pick up the guide?

I had the guide for dark souls 1 and it was terribly laid out and hard to use, so I'm skipping out on it this time.

Guide wise, I think the online Wikis are a fantastic resource, and free, plus this game really is about finding those treasures by yourself as that is what the game is all about!

2AdEPT

This is a bad example. You need a car to go to work or do important thing. You dont need Dark Souls 2 for living.

Ah but is a life worth living without recreation activities? Do you work to live or live to work?

Speak for yourself....I NEED Souls. :p

Sickbean

Based on the beta stress test it's possibly one of the most important stats if it really combines agility and resistance.

It won't be, I tested it during the Beta and you noticed quite a difference when putting points into Agility, everything was much more fluid.

LOL, looks like they've combined a troll stat with the most important stat then. So double troll?

I never bothered much with Vit in DS1, but adaptability does sound pretty important.

Majek

PS3 has that hacked game save thing, I don't know how popular it is though.

Either way 360 still has a decent playerbase and so does the PS3. I have not checked on PC lately.

Erm 360 Dark Souls was hacked from the get go. Ps3 took years. And i believe From will be more careful with hacked stuff this time. At least the first half a year. Server will undoubtedly help with prevention as well.

Not sure if anybody posted this yet, but I found a nice little chart to compare the starting classes if anybody wants to look at it.

svlz9ST.png

Edit: Kinda leaning on the bandit class if I go dex/faith, still not sure yet. It really isn't a huge deal since I'll be playing every class at some point, but I'd like to make a decent first character as well.

I'm doing swordsman build first because I want to try out the dual wielding and new magic system

Septimius

I'm contemplating how to play this game. The last two I've played and heavily relied on guides. I don't think I'll do that this time. I'll just go through the game and make a so-so character. I need to read up on stats, because fuck resistance. Other than that, I think I'm ready to be cautious of all NPC's I meet, not knowing if they'll pull another assassination binge.

I'm so incredibly excited!

Prototype

Bandit or Knight 1st play through. I always like doing a strength build my first time through but I may want a few miracles here and there.

Facism

Lé Blade Runner;103235732 said:
This is a tough decision, but I am going to wait for the PC version. Wish me strenght of will, guys!

I'm with you there, mate. I think it's horrible that there's no release date yet. Even worse is that there are physical console copies out there, but no physical PC copies. I reckon we're getting a 3 week delay at the minimum :(

Tilian

Banned
What's the priority list governing pvp matchmaking again? SL first, followed by playtime or something? I hope playtime is not a serious factor as I like to take my time, especially the first time round.

Facism

What's the priority list governing pvp matchmaking again? SL first, followed by playtime or something? I hope playtime is not a serious factor as I like to take my time, especially the first time round.

SL and total souls accumulated, AFAIK.

eot

Banned
What kind of crazyperson puts a 'Vitality' stat into their game and then doesn't have it affect HP?

Cyborg

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with Praise the sun?
I know its a convenant in Dark Souls but I never could figure out how to do it and how you praise the sun.

Can someone explain?

I know its a convenant in Dark Souls but I never could figure out how to do it and how you praise the sun.

Can someone explain?

I always assumed people were just quoting Solaire and using the gesture that you get from him.

Can someone explain?

It's the gesture you learn when you enter the Warrior of Sunlight covenant and the gesture all covenant members make when they are summoned (it's automatic). Once you learn it, you can press Select and choose it from the gesture menu. It's the best.

Also, it's a default message you can choose when you use the Orange Soapstone.

Edit: according to the wiki article, you just need to interact with the statue that gives you the covenant, joining isn't necessary. But you need to meet a Faith requirement.

Shinjica

I'm contemplating how to play this game. The last two I've played and heavily relied on guides. I don't think I'll do that this time. I'll just go through the game and make a so-so character. I need to read up on stats, because fuck resistance. Other than that, I think I'm ready to be cautious of all NPC's I meet, not knowing if they'll pull another assassination binge.

I'm so incredibly excited!

Lautrec all over again

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Can someone explain?

When you have enough faith which was originally 50, later reduced to 25 but you could also reduce the requirement by 5 for each time you helped a player defeat a boss. When the requirements were met you could pray at the broken statue behind where the hellkite wyvern (red bridge dragon) is and join the Sunlight covenant.

A) Puts a priority on summoning over invading

B) Gives access to some nice offensive miracles such as sunlight blade and the lightning spears

C) Makes your summon sign glow yellow instead of the normal white

D) Gives you the "Praise the Sun" emote.

Fhtagn

I'm hoping to see more new environment types in the game, as a few places from Dark Souls felt like variations on Demon's Souls worlds (I'm looking at you, Blighttown).

There's a poison area in King's Field (KF 2) (1995)... Right next to a Tomb-esque darkness zone. It's a tradition!

neoemonk

Collector's Edition popped back up on Amazon for PS3. I ordered it last night but there's no shipping date yet. I might have to cancel if I can pick up the game in a store on the 11th.

Great job on the OT Gravelord/oracrest! Unfortunately I won't be joining the day one crowd as I'm waiting for PC, but damn, I can't believe how soon it's coming.

Sickbean

I didn't trust Lautrec the moment I set eyes on him (looked too similar to Yurt).

To this day I've never let him kill the firekeeper. The fact that he also has the best ring in the game is just icing on the cake.

-NeoTB1-

Well, I had every intention of waiting on the PC version. But just a few minutes ago my wife walks by my (home) office and tells me she ordered it on 360 as a little treat for me. Apparently I had left it on my Amazon wishlist and she knew how much I was looking forward to it.

How did I get this lucky in life, GAF?
I will still get it on Steam at a later date.

Raxious

Part of me wants to get the US version from PSN so I can start playing earlier. However, if there's gonna be any DLC I won't be able to play it on my main account. So I'll just wait till the retail version releases in the EU...9 more days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom