• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered that because it's the console version first I HAVE to wait until next Friday to play. I can't VPN it like I could if it was on PC

Spacebar

Just got an email from amazon changing my delivery date to march 12. Yesterday I spoke to them and had it changed from March 13 to the 11th. I wonder what is going on with them on this.

I didn't trust Lautrec the moment I set eyes on him (looked too similar to Yurt).

To this day I've never let him kill the firekeeper. The fact that he also has the best ring in the game is just icing on the cake.
You miss out on one of the best armour sets (Dingy) in the game in exchange for a so-so ring you get any way. /sadface

Anastacia also kindles the bonfire up to 20 free for you.

nynt9

Going to hit up a few local Targets after work today. Can't wait, especially with Amazon shipment date shenanigans.

Can't wait for pc release, trying to black out now, going to be hard for a month. Can someone tell me what might make dual wielding appealing compared to previous souls games? Considering starting a swordsman.

Astral

My apologies if this has been answered but since equip load and maneuverability are under two different stats, does that mean you can wear whatever awesome armor you want and still roll quickly? Poise is also out right?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
My apologies if this has been answered but since equip load and maneuverability are under two different stats, does that mean you can wear whatever awesome armor you want and still roll quickly? Poise is also out right?

Poise is still in

ggC3Z.gif

My life is complete.

I have also been debating on what class to go.

Jobbs

Banned
Took a peak at the Vanord video and skipped around a bit just to see what's up (I bailed when I saw and area I hadn't seen).

Good lord are the dudes with Kevin annoying.

Anyway, it still leaves me still wondering what the real advantage to dual wielding is. He seems to attack with just one hand at a given time, so I don't see where the extra damage is.

Zaventem

Took a peak at the Vanord video and skipped around a bit just to see what's up (I bailed when I saw and area I hadn't seen).

Anyway, it still leaves me still wondering what the real advantage to dual wielding is. He seems to attack with just one hand at a given time, so I don't see where the extra damage is.

Maybe some kind of higher attack speed or damage modifier for swing left, swing right?

OrigiNull

I thought I read or heard where you can attack with both weapons at the same time in a specific stance which would give you huge burst compared to a single weapon I would think.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Hold triangle for the actual dual wielding stance, you attack with both hands at the same time for amazing damage

So when does everyone expect Amazon UK to start shipping out the black armour/collectors editions? End of this week? Start of next? Wish it was the 14th already :(

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I played DS on 360 and PC. Now in honor of DSII's release next week, and the fact that I'll be getting it on PS3...I'll be doing a new playthough on PS3 (Need them trophies). I'm going for an Intelligence build for the first time. Can't wait!

Shinjica

I just don't understand how you can play a game in Single Player (no latency) on Dedicated servers. Someone invades my world, is that through peer to peer?

The game is a singleplayer with multiplayer incorporated. You can get invaded and it's done server side.

Techies

The game is a singleplayer with multiplayer incorporated. You can get invaded and it's done server side.

I'm from South Africa. So in order to get invaded I must play on a dedicated server with 200ms+ latency?

Still don't quite get it, who's gonna have the latency issue, the world owner, the invader or both?

I'm from South Africa. So in order to get invaded I must play on a dedicated server with 200ms+ latency?

Still don't quite get it, who's gonna have the latency issue, the world owner, the invader or both?

Hopefully neither but also hopefully the guy I'm trying to kill.

Sickbean

Both, depending on their respective latencies with respect to the server.

Exactly how it used to work in the good old days.

It's weird that this is no longer available for preorder on amazon...

I mean it wont be hard to just walk into a store and grab it on tuesday, right?

Shinjica

If i remember correctly there are regional server

halfbeast

Banned
as random and uneventful those dengeki screens are, I think they look pretty good compared to what they showed us officially, so I'm not worried about the game looking like a "ps2 game".

don't know if it's a preview, guide or a review. but here's the link: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/813/813562/#eid813708

Any word on US PSN pre loading of the game?

this is something I'm afraid of. I remember when the update came with the soul sacrifice demo and people had to wait till the next day to get it. I really hope they won't screw up next tuesday, or I'm gonna go hollow on their asses!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Part of me wants to get the US version from PSN so I can start playing earlier. However, if there's gonna be any DLC I won't be able to play it on my main account. So I'll just wait till the retail version releases in the EU...9 more days!

Can you not just buy the NA DLC? You should be able to play it on another region account just fine unless DLC has some additional region protection I don't know about.

Zaventem

as random and uneventful those dengeki screens are, I think they look pretty good compared to what they showed us officially, so I'm not worried about the game looking like a "ps2 game".

don't know if it's a preview, guide or a review. but here's the link: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/813/813562/#eid813708

It looks better in motion too. With that said wtf is with that pink haired girl ad on the left i didn't want to see that.

Anyone who played the Beta will know that it looks better than Dark Souls - the lighting in some scenes looks brilliant.

Cannot wait for a PS4 version, but will get the last gen version for now!

Raxus

The game is rated Teen? I hope that doesn't mean they've ditched the unflinchingly dark tone and atmosphere.

No, it has been replaced with rainbow meadows and lollipop fields.

It probably just means there is less AMAZING CHESTS AHEAD in this version. The OG Dark Souls and Demon Souls were both very tame in terms of violence.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I foolishly believed I'd just wait for the PC version... but that's clearly not going to happen. But there is a silver lining. If I play it on PS3, then buy the PC version on sale down the road, I can enjoy the PS3 version and then also enjoy the enhancements of the PC version when I replay. If I went straight to PC, I wouldn't appreciate the jump in quality as much.

This plan will yield more total enjoyment! THIS IS TOTALLY RATIONAL RIGHT?

Been thinking about staring class... I know it doesn't really matter in the long run, but actually in Souls games I usually role-play a little bit, so the original identity of the class does kind of affect how I play.

My current most-played builds in Souls are no-shield Dex'ers... I was thinking Knight and avoiding shields, but now I'm considering a build where I use a shield but don't allow myself any scale armor.

Decisions decisions.

This is exactly how I play, and exactly why I can't use the respec for anything other than minor tweaking. Starting class is very important to me. It informs the entire roleplay for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom