• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what role daggers now have in the game. They seem to be able to stun lock a lot of enemies, though I've never taken them into power stance. Are they actually viable as a pve weapon?

Raxus

Summon Pilgrim Bellclaire from one of the cells leading up to the boss. She spams soul spears.

That boss is definitely weak to magic. After you
Kill 1, jump, heal, focus the first one to drop down and then it should be ez peasy when the fight is 1 on 1.

Dartastic

Weapon degredation is really confusing me right now GAF. I know how it works in Dark Souls, but it seems my weapons are regenerating or something when I die? WTF? I'm really confused.

sappyday

The
Pursuer
was super easy. I went in with the mindset that I was gonna die but I just wanted to see his standard move set only for me to defeat by just rolling away from all of his attacks.

So I think we can all agree that the
little guys who trip and blow up in your face in the Lost Bastille
have usurped the title of "Most Obnoxious Enemy" from the Bonewheel Skeletons. I literally can't think of a single effective way to deal with them. Ranged attacks work if you see them before they see you, but if they're in a huge clump that can't be aggro'd one-by-one like in the
Sinner's Rise
...I'm at a loss.

My favourite are the ones in the main hub.
What the hell are these people even dying to. Is it collecting blood splatters from the whole game or are people actually dying in Majula?

Mupod

What's the quickest way to get to
Iron Keep?

have usurped the title of "Most Obnoxious Enemy" from the Bonewheel Skeletons. I literally can't think of a single effective way to deal with them. Ranged attacks work if you see them before they see you, but if they're in a huge clump that can't be aggro'd one-by-one like in the
Sinner's Rise
...I'm at a loss.

so it's not just me that hates those goddamn things. My mace is very short ranged and isn't great at hitting things low to the ground, and my magic isn't fast enough.

Jobbs

Banned
Done a lot of bosses, including the
three skinnies
, and for some reason the
charriot thing
is giving me the most trouble of any. I keep dying over and over, and there's no close bonfire that I know of.

Raxus

Weapon degredation is really confusing me right now GAF. I know how it works in Dark Souls, but it seems my weapons are regenerating or something when I die? WTF? I'm really confused.

Weapons degrade faster but regen at bonfires and after you help someone beat a boss. Once it is broken though it is broken until you go to the blacksmith to repair it. I still need to study how it works though.

Sinner's Rise
...I'm at a loss.

I charge head on and kill them before they kill me.

They're pretty weak so I just get in there and start swinging.

edit: I might be wrong but I think they're less likely to use the annoying attack if you're closer to them too.

Jharp

So for the first time in a Souls game, I'm getting my ass beaten into the ground and have no fucking clue what to do about it.

I'm nearly six hours in, still in the Forest of Fallen Giants, haven't faced a single boss, and I'm terrified of every single corner and hallway. I hate the new despawning system that makes me terrified of losing my souls, which makes me afraid to progress and I don't fucking know how to get around it.

Before, losing my souls sucked, but grinding them back was always an option. Now? If I lose the blodd stain, they're fucking gone.

Granted, I'm still early on in the game, so my opinion will likely change, but I really don't like this feature. This is easily the hardest game of the three, and I still can't seem to get used to the new combat dynamics. Facing two enemies is extremely difficult for me, and facing three or more is just straight get fucked mode for me.

I loved Demon's and Dark to no end, and bougth both on Day 1, but this game stresses me in a very very different way, and I don't think I like it. Maybe I suck? Probably?

I'm just venting, but, fuck, man... I can go fight the big armored dude that I do PISS fucking damage to, even if I initiate the trap that hurts him, which is hard enough as it is without getting hit by the trap myself. I can go in the room with the spear traps but fighting three-four of those skeleton guys at the same time is impossible for me, and I can't go through the trap gate because it already fell after the first time I went through it.

Someone tell me something that will give me some fucking hope.

I charge head on and kill them before they kill me.

They're pretty weak so I just get in there and start swinging.

Tried that. One will explode, stagger me, and then the others will go to town. I can deal with one or two (barely), but any more than that are like a wall to me. There's a room about about 6 or 7 of them in the
Lost Bastille
and I can't conceive of how one would explore that room. Keep killing them until they're extinct?

Alright, all respeced. Because it sets you back to you're original stats I still have 14 INT that I'll probably never use, and only 4 FTH that I'll have to level, but leveling takes no time in this game so it shouldn't be an issue.

Can someone please explain the 2 icons in the bottom right of the equipment status screen?

One is a ration (65/65), the other is 3.2 => 3.8.

Thanks!

Anyone willing to help me out on PS3? Torches don't work for me- it's a bug I guess, game won't let me toggle at bonfires.

I'm hoping someone can come into my game in The Lost Bastille in the room with MCDuff the blacksmith, then when in my game light the torch in that room and see if it activates the blacksmith. If you're down, throw a summon sign in the McDuff room in the little alcove to the left of McDuff and I'll summon ya! My in-game name is whoompthereitis.

Thanks!

In my case it
showed up, dropped a guy who then instantly vanished and never returned.

Could've sworn it was
The Pursuer
I shoot him with a soul arrow, did minimal damage and ran the fuck away but it he seemed to chill there. I didn't go back there until after I beat said boss fight and nothing happened.

Sakura

Anyone willing to help me out on PS3? Torches don't work for me- it's a bug I guess, game won't let me toggle at bonfires.

I'm hoping someone can come into my game in The Lost Bastille in the room with MCDuff the blacksmith, then when in my game light the torch in that room and see if it activates the blacksmith. If you're down, throw a summon sign in the McDuff room in the little alcove to the left of McDuff and I'll summon ya! My in-game name is whoompthereitis.

Thanks!

What does the timer on your equip menu say?

Tried that. One will explode, stagger me, and then the others will go to town. I can deal with one or two (barely), but any more than that are like a wall to me. There's a room about about 6 or 7 of them in the
Lost Bastille
and I can't conceive of how one would explore that room. Keep killing them until they're extinct?

If you have the attack to do it I think you can kill them mid jump before they blow up. I cleared those rooms out by luring them away and then charging them when they followed.

Sakura

That's good news! So where does one get torches?

You find them as items throughout the world. Each one adds 5 minutes to the timer. They don't show up in your inventory, you just get more time. There might be a vendor that sells them, I'm not sure. Did you grab the torch at the very beginning of the game, by the first bonfire? It's like behind a cart or something

ultron87

No Man's Wharf has some great moments.

- Ahh long armed freaky guys!
- BUURRRRNNN in my light freaky guy!
- ...until you back them into a corner and they kill you anyway.
- :D <- My face when I activated the contraption
- Pirate ship!
- The realization that the boss room is filling with water, slowly.

What I presume to be mid game location spoilers.
Oh my god this foggy forest is horrible ;-;

What are some good dex/int weapons? Found a rapier but I hate the attacks so I'm still using the Heide Knight sword which I've been upgrading.

Black Gulch
is by far the worst area in the game, rivaling Lost Izalith for WOAT

Seriously what the fuck were you thinking FROM? At least the boss is a joke.

You find them as items throughout the world. Each one adds 5 minutes to the timer. They don't show up in your inventory, you just get more time. There might be a vendor that sells them, I'm not sure. Did you grab the torch at the very beginning of the game, by the first bonfire? It's like behind a cart or something

Yeah, I did. I used one torch at a bonfire in an early area, and lit maybe two fires with it. Since then the game hasn't let me do it again. Haven't seen any torch item pickups.

The funny part is I'm like 20 hours in...level 63 and I've beat like 7 bosses. I really think it's a bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom