• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura

Only 10 fucking hours.

Soul level 70+.

1 of the big 4 down, was about to get on with the second one.

360 version of Titanfall will shortly be here as well.

And today my Slim 250GB 360 decides to give me some Error 64 red light bullshit.

I hate being alive. Dark Souls 2 was my only escape where I could vicariously be (un)dead through my character but now even that is taken from me.

Why gaf
I'll play twice as much for you.

Those still griping about despawn should check out the Bonfire Ascetics item. (Use at your own risk.)

I used to be one of those guys but honestly every time I've lost to a boss enough to wipe out every mob on the way to the boss fog I'm super grateful to not have to put up with the resistance anymore.

Holy shit, what is up with the Aurous set. It looks awesome and the description makes it seem like there's a lot more to it.

neither

Phantoms behave like they have in the previous games.

Shades are using the small white stone and are on a time limit and/or kill limit.

If they get too many kills they vanish quicker.

I have no idea why anyone would use a small white soapstone.
Got it, thanks!
I've been wondering why the shades were vanishing so quickly lol

Dresden

Going back to this -

I thought that area was awesome visually. It was such a nice change from the dreary two zones before it.

Oh maybe we are talking about different areas. I was referring to
Black Gulch.

- yeah, definitely different areas. Glad to hear that the other area isn't as bad as this one. The poison muck here aside, it's not that similar to VoD after exploring more of it.

Shades are using the small white stone and are on a time limit and/or kill limit.

I guess people who want to help out, but not play the game for others would use it.

koryuken

It was my understanding that the soul vessel takes you to the base stats of the class you started the game with, which would put me at quite a disadvantage I'd wager.

I read that if you use it where you are supposed to (the three hags), you keep your souls and can re-allocate your stats.

I'm currently SL50, and I started fiddling around with the halberd. Now, in both DeS and DkS, I loved this thing. But they seem to have completely changed up how it operates. Are all halberds this way, or is the vanilla halberd just a bad example? I used to love using that 360-degree swing in a pinch, but it doesn't seem to be present anymore. Does the weapon get better, or is this it?

I've been using a mace up to this point, and despite the miniscule range, it's a pretty solid weapon.

I hear you on the halberd. The
Old Knight
Halberd's moveset feels much better to me, but it has terrible durability. I was a white phantom helping someone do Heide's Tower and was using it against
Dragonrider
. It broke after a dozen or so R1 attacks.

Gartooth

I just started playing earlier today and I can't stop! This game is everything I wanted from a sequel, just really really positive things is all I have to say about it so far.

The Pursuer
has me stuck at the moment. I'd rather just go somewhere else and come back to it later, but I've practically cleared everything else at the moment I can do aside from jumping in the well in Majula.

I read that if you use it where you are supposed to (the three hags), you keep your souls and can re-allocate your stats.

You can but you still have the base stats of the class you chose, so if you want to play an entirely different build it might behoove you to just start over unless you don't mind playing catch up with certain stats and having wasted points in others.

koryuken

I just started playing earlier today and I can't stop! This game is everything I wanted from a sequel, just really really positive things is all I have to say about it so far.

The Pursuer
has me stuck at the moment. I'd rather just go somewhere else and come back to it later, but I've practically cleared everything else at the moment I can do aside from jumping in the well in Majula.

Go human and summon a white phantom -- this is a strategy for any boss you are stuck on. Also, those turrets do 50% damage to his health (but can kill players also).

I hear you on the halberd. The
Old Knight
Halberd's moveset feels much better to me, but it has terrible durability. I was a white phantom helping someone do Heide's Tower and was using it against
Dragonrider
. It broke after a dozen or so R1 attacks.

I have that one sitting in my inventory, but I haven't equipped it yet. I'll give it a shot.

Aeana

Yeah but it resets you back to your base stats of your class. Since I chose sorcerer, I'd have the base sorcerer stats.

Also, lol: "WARNING: As of patch V1.01, and calibration 1.03, using the soul vessel to change your stats has an adverse affect of defaulting back to male body if playing as female."

Yeah but it resets you back to your base stats of your class. Since I chose sorcerer, I'd have the base sorcerer stats.

Also, lol: "WARNING: As of patch V1.01, and calibration 1.03, using the soul vessel to change your stats has an adverse affect of defaulting back to male body if playing as female."

lol, wtf. Can you chill in the coffin to get your gender back?

Kensuke

Read your other post. Have you tried pyromancy? Flame swathe can wreck bosses. I also read Soul Spear is great. You could still make a weapon scale with Int with help from the blacksmith.

I use a Dex/Int build by the way.

stupei

I think the small soapstone might be useful if you want to help someone through a general area without necessarily focusing on just a boss fight. Like if I am having enough trouble with normal enemies that I want to call in someone to help me grind or something, they shouldn't have to hang around the whole time until we get to the boss or risk losing all their souls for helping because I can't get there.

(I say that, and yet I haven't summoned a shade yet...)

Just unpetrified the guy in Bastille...yea the story is really coming together reading some of the item descriptions and listening to his dialogue. I said daaamn haha

Cyrus_Saren

Does anyone know if
Merciless Roenna
drops anything in
Huntsman's Copse
? She ended up falling off the ledge while I was fighting her.

Maybesew

I use power stance with dual upgraded Falchions and it's quite effective. One of my favorite combos to use is R1 followed by L1, which does a quick three-hit slash. It's fast and has decent recovery. Takes up some stamina but so long as you're managing that properly, it works well.

Another nice thing about having a Falchion in the left hand is you can parry with it while dual-wielding in the normal stance.

This is basically exactly how I am playing now. Just hunting for more titanite to get them more upgraded.

I actually love the small soapstonel. Place it down for an area you haven't cleared yet. You can start making your way through the level until you get summoned. Then you kill a few enemies and you're sent back with all your estus and spells reset plus a Silky stone that you can trade for upgrade materials!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom