• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essay

Three days in a row the XBL servers are down at this very hour. Think last night it took a bit more than 2 hours to come back.

Dereck

In a terse, brief and sly way, please answer this question.

What up with the big guy(s) in the beginning staring into space?

Fuck with them, or get stronger and fuck with them later?

Ridesh

Banned
Just tried to start playing and it says I can't connect to the servers. Don't feel like playing offline just yet so I'm gonna wait a little bit I guess.

Yeah, the same here. I finally have some free time to marathon this game and the servers are down.

rkKzUou.gif

How do you get the treasure or whatever it is in the same room as the
Sentinels boss fight?
It's on a ledge that almost looks close enough to jump to, but I can't seem to make it (even with no armor on).
I don't think you have to jump. I'm pretty sure you're missing an illusionary wall

Kensuke

Rolling and backstepping still work well for defense once you get the ADP stat up to a respectable number.

I don't know if ADP is as useful as many claim. I'm also a dual wielder with ADP at level 8 and I can dodge and roll just fine. Can you really notice a difference?

Zaventem

There's an area in my game that's completely fucked. From the first bonfire of
Doors of Pharros
to the bonfire near the boss
Royal Rat Something
every single enemy is frozen. They can't be locked onto or attacked but I can move them around by running into them. The enemies on the path that leads to
Brightstone Cove
are completely fine though. Looks like no killing
rats for Pharros Lockstones
:( . Resetting my game doesn't fix it either.

Are you in
the rat covenant? it's not a glitch it makes them passive like the forrest covenant in DaS 1

-Ryn

Banned
That feeling when you and another phantom helper get a boss down to a sliver of health and the host dies =(
That happened to me earlier today with
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
. We were just about to finish him off when our host died.

Sucks doubly so because I had managed to save him from dying earlier with a
Token of Fidelity

Prodigal

Banned
God damn, just beat
Pursuer
(early boss) after 5 tries of me yelling at my screen. My heart is still beating a mile a minute.

Audioboxer

Broke up with my GF of 5 years tonight, this game is coming at an excellent time. The only person more miserable than me will be my avatar dying over and over and over. Haha. Can't wait for the morning post, I'll get a few hours in before work.

Fbh

Jus beat:

Those 3
bosses. Quite a fight. The first one is easy but once you take him dow and the other 2 come at the same time it gets harder. It's not that it's a very hard fight but I wasn't doing much damage and they could drop like half my health in one hit... so I was tense the whole time.

Does anyone know how you get that item that is in the same area as the bosses (once you can see when you enter but I don't seem to be able to jump and get it)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Jus beat:

Those 3
bosses. Quite a fight. The first one is easy but once you take him dow and the other 2 come at the same time it gets harder. It's not that it's a very hard fight but I wasn't doing much damage and they could drop like half my health in one hit... so I was tense the whole time.

Does anyone know how you get that item that is in the same area as the bosses (once you can see when you enter but I don't seem to be able to jump and get it)
You jump and get it, it's nearly pixel perfect though. You might also have to unequip heavy equipment, not sure if that affects distance.

Hate to ask again so soon...but anyone know where to get Cleric armor (if youre another class--I love the look). Google is no halp.

Jus beat:

Those 3

Gotta be a perfect jump at the corner...but the item isnt worth it...Trust me :O

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That's the area with the Sentinels right? And where would one go to acquire said branch?

Correct. I got my first for killing
The Lost Sinner which is near the Sentinels.
then you can get one on
Shaded Woods
(I recommend unpetrifying the lady first since her road leads that way and you can easily obtain another branch there on that area by
killing the scorpion lady and return and talk to her husband on Shaded Woods and that easily makes the 2 most important ones.

NIN90

Correct. I got my first for killing
The Lost Sinner which is near the Sentinels.
then you can get one on Shaded Woods (I recommend unpetrifying the lady first since her road leads that way and you can easily obtain another branch there on that area by
killing the scorpion lady and return and talk to her husband on Shaded Woods and that easily makes the 2 most important ones.

Yeah I don't know where any of these places are so I guess I'll just keep going. :D

What are the benefits of the
Rat Covenant?
I was too pissed off after both boss fights to join.

Pharros Stones.

Odrion

Banned
Early game discussion:

I killed the Last Giant, hooray! I feel bad for officially causing the extinction though, but that's Dark Souls for ya.

But now I have like, 10,000 souls to spend. I started as a Knight, so I'm wondering if there's any suggestions on how to spend it stat-wise or gear wise. Don't want to fuck myself over too much, especially since there's somewhat of a soul cap.

Ugh I drop an item in the tutorial area for snuggly, save and quit then try to go in and now I cant connect to the server.

I really hope they fix this issue on the 360 soon. 3/4 of the time I've played has been offline. I love this game but its really putting a damper on the game for me. Haven't gotten done any summoning or invasions since I started a few days ago.

-Ryn

Banned
Broke up with my GF of 5 years tonight, this game is coming at an excellent time. The only person more miserable than me will be my avatar dying over and over and over. Haha. Can't wait for the morning post, I'll get a few hours in before work.
So while your avatar is on a journey to break the curse you'll be on a journey to mend the heart?

Sucks though dude. Best of luck.
If you're ever in need of some jolly cooperation on the 360 send me a message.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah I don't know where any of these places are so I guess I'll just keep going. :D

After you defeat the Sentinels you are pretty much close to The Lost Sinner. You can obtain a Branch there and between the Majula and Thing Betwixt there should be a road for the unpetrified lady. There you can get another branch and unpetrify the character for the boss weapons. It doesnt take much time really.

sixghost

Nobody knew last time I asked, maybe somebody knows now!

In the Shaded Woods
After you free the Harpy woman from behind the door, she says she'll see you at her home. Where is that?
Brightstone Cove Tsendola
, or something like that, right near the
Lower Brightstone Cove
bonfire. It's on the ground floor of the area with the ziplines and the white mages. She's inside one of the doors.

LordCanti

Couple questions for anyone that has beaten the game:

Is there anything I should do before beating the last boss and going to NG+? I know that Demon's and Dark both had stuff you absolutely had to do (get all titanite slabs, kill all NPC's for their stuff, etc) but I'm not sure if this one does since there isn't a whole lot of information out there right now. If you've beaten the game and can give me some insight, I'd much appreciate it.

Oh, and do I automatically go to NG+ after beating the last boss, or do I get time to do other stuff (explore and such)?

Thanks.

Edit: If anyone around SL 120 on the PS3 needs help taking down a boss, I'll be available shortly (30 min or so). Just send me a PM.

NIN90

Ugh I drop an item in the tutorial area for snuggly, save and quit then try to go in and now I cant connect to the server.

I really hope they fix this issue on the 360 soon. 3/4 of the time I've played has been offline. I love this game but its really putting a damper on the game for me. Haven't gotten done any summoning or invasions since I started a few days ago.

FYI you don't need to save and quit anymore. You can pick your prize right up.

theytookourjobz

Early game discussion:

I killed the Last Giant, hooray! I feel bad for officially causing the extinction though, but that's Dark Souls for ya.

But now I have like, 10,000 souls to spend. I started as a Knight, so I'm wondering if there's any suggestions on how to spend it stat-wise or gear wise. Don't want to fuck myself over too much, especially since there's somewhat of a soul cap.

Wouldn't worry about it too much but Vigor and Endurance are always a safe bet. You'll get respec opportunities later in the game too if you find a weapon you want to use that requires stats you don't have. The "soul cap" isn't really an issue honestly. I've done zero grinding and I'm at level 93 after 18 hours.

Soriku

Started playing for a few hours. Very good so far! Comments:

-After last minute deliberations, I made a Bandit. Dex build for me this time around.

-Raised my adaptability up to 10 ASAP. Makes a difference. Put a few points in End/Dex too.

-I found a shortsword in the Forest and it's very quick and powerful. I've been killing enemies really fast. Just bought a Falchion and upgraded it to +1. It's even more powerful and just as (or about) as fast.

-I had two close calls but managed to survive somehow.

-Got the Ring of Binding :) Gotta love suicide runs in these games. Though you have to kill a strong enemy really fast when getting the ring.

-Enemies playing dead is cheap! But my past Souls experience is really helping. There was an item early in the Forest, and I picked it up, and I was like "let me guess, an enemy's behind me now?" Yup. Seems there are more surprise enemies now.

-No more sliding down ladders, noooo!

-Really like the gestures haha. I don't think anyone's mentioned them. I like them better than Dark Souls 1's.

-Fire effects are like early PS2 levels in the Forest :x

-Definitely liking the fast travel. Loading times are too long though.

-Framerate on PS3 seems solid in my experience. At least, there have been no noticeable dips.

NIN90

After you defeat the Sentinels you are pretty much close to The Lost Sinner. You can obtain a Branch there and between the Majula and Thing Betwixt there should be a road for the unpetrified lady. There you can get another branch and unpetrify the character for the boss weapons. It doesnt take much time really.

Ok. Will do!

Essay

If you clear
the skeleton lords boss in Huntsman's Grove, the next area, Harvest Valley, has two.
On the topic of NPC's
and boss weapons, there's also another NPC who trades boss souls for different weapons, who you'll have to burn a Fragrant Branch of Yore to rescue in the Shaded Ruins.
But that's all probably a long way off for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom