• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

isual

No, I get a different message entirely if someone already summoned them. The message says that someone already summoned them.
The message I'm talking about is just "Summon failed."

are you wired ? because I am. wifi is always shoddy when playing souls

Filth

shield advice
there's a shield that you can get from an enemy that has 100% damage reduction which is super helpful for the smelter asshole

I'm stuck on him as well. Summoned a bunch of people. Have the 100% damage reduction for shield. Once he gets past 50% all his attacks do damage regardless of shield

Just beat
chariot of the Executioner.
(Copse boss)

Is that all there is to that place? Just to get the
invader covenant
opened?

skynidas

Banned
I'm stuck on him as well. Summoned a bunch of people. Have the 100% damage reduction for shield. Once he gets past 50% all his attacks do damage regardless of shield

that's why you need the
gyrm greatshield that has 100% fire damage reduction

Mazre

Having a blast playing STR 2-hander. Bastard Sword+2 and I'm 2 shotting the greatsword guys in Heide's Tower. Played DS1 as sword and board the whole way through so this has definitely been an interesting change of pace. I'm also 2/3 on boss encounters, something feels horribly wrong, though I'm confident that will soon be remedied.

LProtag

Is it worth it to try to use the Guts sword and a 100% block shield at the same time and still have decent armor? How much vitality am I going to need to pull this off?

Morris

Disco Devil
All these people plugging off the cord at Belfry Luna :S

So far I have beaten like 8 invaders and haven't been killed once. Does anyone know the covenant rewards?

ktynn

Banned
how does this game perform on PS3? Should i get the PC version or just tag along with the PS3 one? I got all consoles and a gaming/gfx designing PC; so ye.. what would u guys advise?

No, I get a different message entirely if someone already summoned them. The message says that someone already summoned them.

I get that a lot too, Aeana. I'm able to get someone eventually but it takes a ton of failed summons.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
how does this game perform on PS3? Should i get the PC version or just tag along with the PS3 one? I got all consoles and a gaming/gfx designing PC; so ye.. what would u guys advise?

PS3 = averaging around 20-30 FPS, no tearing, better texture filtering
360 = averaging around 30-40 FPS, massive tearing, worst texture filtering
PC = dunno yet, but you can't play it now

halfbeast

Banned
I'm SO confused. now helping the host doesn't revive me anymore. also, I get sent back after a while even though I used the big soapstone, we haven't even gotten to the boss (not even close) and the message of "duty fulfilled" appears and I'm gone. does my soul level play a part in that? I'm around 65 and was helping others at the wharf area (or whatever the name is). what's up with that?

I'm trying to use the soapstone but it's not letting me. Any reason why?

where are you trying to put it down? is it possible that there's an invasion happening? if not, try to quit and reload the game.

NeededSleep

Enjoying the game so far. But the limited respawn of enemies really ruined the game for me.

I like grinding in souls games, I hope this isnt a rout of forced peogression FS decides to go.

Finally beat the
sentinels
boss. The NPC you can summon for that fight managed to divert attention long enough for me to do what I needed to do, but it was still a very close fight. I've been using the dark orb hex a bit, and it's pretty interesting. The damage it does is respectable, but it travels pretty slowly. I wonder if any of the other hexes that are usable with a staff are worth messing around with. I'll have to go check them out when I get some more souls.

Dunno about this game, but in DS the hexes (just called "Dark Sorceries" in that) were uber. Probably worth looking into as a magic class.

anddo0

Screw you tower defenders, you can't defend shit! Victory Achieved!

It's really messed up that you get invaded by two people at once.

I'm SO confused. now helping the host doesn't revive me anymore. also, I get sent back after a while even though I used the big soapstone, we haven't even gotten to the boss (not even close) and the message of "duty fulfilled" appears and I'm gone. does my soul level play a part in that? I'm around 65 and was helping others at the wharf area (or whatever the name is). what's up with that?

where are you trying to put it down? is it possible that there's an invasion happening? if not, try to quit and reload the game.

I'm putting it front of the
rat vanguard
boss fight. I'm not being invaded so I'll try reloading the game.

Aeana

Dunno about this game, but in DS the hexes (just called "Dark Sorceries" in that) were uber. Probably worth looking into as a magic class.
Sadly it seems that for hexes to be particularly effective, you need faith in addition to intelligence. Then again, I'm still wondering if I should even bother raising intelligence much beyond what I have since it hasn't had a big effect on my damage.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I find that most of the time I go to summon another player, it tells me that the summon failed. I try most times I see a symbol but I believe I've only actually managed to summon 3 people into my game total after 20 hours. Has anybody else had this problem?

You need to be quick, like as soon as it shows up you need to click it. I find they lay around even if they have already been summoned.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to get this on PC when it comes out, but I think I may pick it up on PS3 as well. I've heard things about performance issues with the disc version. Is there much truth to that? I don't mind downloading the game, but I want to be sure.

Gartooth

So after defeating
The Pursuer
I grabbed some nearby items and made my way to The Lost Bastille. Fought my way through a couple of hard enemy waves but I persevered and made it to the fog gate... to get utterly stomped right away by
the three Ruin Sentinels.
I suppose I might be a bit early for that part of the game, but I'm not exactly sure what other path to take so I suppose I'll start looking around!

Really wish they wouldnt let you get invaded if youre sitting in the bonfire area.

Spawned after a boss death, got invaded, lost the souls.

Had this problem with the last Souls games too, and I know I should either be resting at the bonfire or quit my game out, but sometimes I can't help walk away for a second unfortunately.

Ah well, such is Dark Souls.

Manus

I get it a lot too. I found that my summons work 99% of the time if I click summon as soon as I see the summon sign appear. Anytime afterwards I get summon failed.

halfbeast

Banned
So after defeating
The Pursuer
I grabbed some nearby items and made by way to The Lost Bastille. Fought my way through a couple of hard enemy waves but I persevered and made it to the fog gate... to get utterly stomped right away by
the three Ruin Sentinels.
I suppose I might be a bit early for that part of the game, but I'm not exactly sure what other path to take so I suppose I'll start looking around!

depends on what you've tried so far, but I thought after
the sentinels
, the boss difficulty went up drastically! I can hardly manage anything alone and I'm still running around with a +5 Falchion.

Yasadril

dark boss strat:
to beat the darklurker, equip dark resist ring and equip your best shield to block dark attacks or he can 1-2 shot you. about 50% hp he multiply to 2 so try to interrupt that with your strongest attack
wasted like 10 human effigy on this boss

skynidas

Banned
I watch Kenneth stream the game from beginning to end. Hook it up brother

cool, it can be a little confusing because is a long way but I think it is worth it,
from Majula go left into the passage where the lady that is petrified is, examine her to bring her back to life (you probably have the item to do this already). get into the building, you will have three paths, left, center, right, go right into the fog, simply run straight to not get killed. when you get to the shaded ruins explore until you get to the boss (it is on the east side from the bonfire), after the lady scorpion boss you will get to the area where the dwarves are, i don't know how rare the drop is but i got the shield from them in my first run

I'm sick of wasting time, Gaf to the rescue.

I've beat the first boss, how do I get to the second? I know it's up those stairs but the door is locked.

-Ryn

Banned
What can you do with old equipment in this? Just discard it?

Actually you can sell it if you go up to the top floor of the building behind
all the weird black orangutan monsters (hate them so much) in No Man's Wharf.
There will be a Dwarf dude drinking in the corner and he will buy your stuff.

Morris

Disco Devil
I feel so bad when I invade at Belfry and there's like 2 invaders fighting it out already.

I ain't bout that invader life, man.

Actually you can sell it if you go up to the top floor of the building behind all the weird black orangutan monsters (hate them so much) in No Man's Wharf. There will be a Dwarf dude drinking in the corner and he will buy your stuff.

He also shows up in the place after the Huntsmans Copse? The Harvest Valley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom