• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat the
Lava Demon thing
in
Iron Keep
last night and have no idea where I go next, I went around Majula and can't find any other place to go now.

Hey guys sorry if this has been asked five thousand times but I'm going to get the game today and wonder if I should go 360 or PS3.

I looked at the digital foundry comparison in the framerate is QUITE a bit higher on 360. Is the screen tearing on 360 bad enough to offset this? How does the PS3 framerate compare to Dark Souls 1 on PS3? I have XBL Gold so online isn't a factor.

Chuck

Still without luck
So I noticed with my dualshock 4 on the PS3 that if you move the left stick from 12 o'clock to 11 or 1, it doesn't change the direction you move. I went and booted up DS1 on PC and yeah, any tiny tiny movement of the left stick results in some change in your direction. Very odd.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sooooo I guess there's a chance that you can permanently be stuck in hollow form unless you use that bonfire thing or go to ng+? Lol wtf, From.

Kyuur

Hey guys sorry if this has been asked five thousand times but I'm going to get the game today and wonder if I should go 360 or PS3.

I looked at the digital foundry comparison in the framerate is QUITE a bit higher on 360. Is the screen tearing on 360 bad enough to offset this? How does the PS3 framerate compare to Dark Souls 1 on PS3? I have XBL Gold so online isn't a factor.

Has been running silky smooth on 360 for me. Haven't noticed many graphical errors, and if the PS3 framerate does indeed suck I would go with 360.

T.O.P

Banned
Another boss fight down, another disappointment

Seriously, i'm loving everything, but wtf did they come up with for bosses????

dc89

Got the game earlier today, loving it so far!

Started as a Warrior, is there any place where people have listed pve/pvp builds? I tried on the wiki but none have been uploaded to that website yet.

Hixx

So I just picked up a Palestone.

And I can't find it in my inventory so I have no idea what it is, or if it's bugged or what?

So how do you get your Max health back? Turning Human? I guess I'll get invaded though!

Also just noticed, you don't start at Lv.1 now. How.. odd?

koryuken

Got the game earlier today, loving it so far!

Started as a Warrior, is there any place where people have listed pve/pvp builds? I tried on the wiki but none have been uploaded to that website yet.

Feel free to screw around with your build -- there are items that allow you to respec later.

Kyuur

So where's that
Harpy that you can trade boss souls with? No idea where to unlock her.

You have to unpetrify a Lion Warrior standing next to a wall in the forest ruins. He will give you a key that unlocks a door in a Basilisk tunnel. Once you save her, she moves to a room with a little candle and a bunch of statues next to the last bonfire in that direction.

There is another boss trader that you can also find in Bastille.

mellow

wow, trying to get lucatiel to survive the
lost sinner
boss fight is insanely hard..

even reaching the boss fog is a feat in itself..if you managed to navigate the enemy filled room, you still have to contend with narrow walkway that's claimed her life a bunch of times..

and that's all before the boss fight xD

Going for the Dragonslayer spear, how do you go about it in this game? In Demon's (and I think Dark1) you could see it in the upgrade menu, but I don't see it here. I don't want to burn all of my materials if I don't have too.

Sullichin

Going for the Dragonslayer spear, how do you go about it in this game? In Demon's (and I think Dark1) you could see it in the upgrade menu, but I don't see it here. I don't want to burn all of my materials if I don't have too.

You don't have to upgrade weapons for boss weapons now. You just trade souls for it at a certain vendor. That being said, not sue if dragonslayer spear is in the game/a boss weapon.

wow, trying to get lucatiel to survive the
lost sinner
boss fight is insanely hard..

even reaching the boss fog is a feat in itself..if you managed to navigate the enemy filled room, you still have to contend with narrow walkway that's claimed her life a bunch of times..

and that's all before the boss fight xD
She only needs to
survive 3 of the 4 possible fights.
I just let her die because she's an idiot against that boss.

fedexpeon

Banned
So where's that
Harpy that you can trade boss souls with? No idea where to unlock her.

Really complex to get her:

Go to the Shaded Forest: Port to the shrine where Freya is. Go to the place right of the bonfire where you see a plank, and a stoned humanoid enemy. Unpetrify that enemy there and it will give you a Fang key. Jump down the place where there are 6 toads ready to ambush you, kill them all and go unlock the door to free the harpy lady. NOW, go back to Blightstone and go down the quicksand location. Her house is down there...

Yup...long long long long questline.

Tawpgun

I'm still having trouble in the first area. Something about the combat feels off. I did not have this much trouble in the Undead Burg

You don't have to upgrade weapons for boss weapons now. You just trade souls for it at a certain vendor. That being said, not sue if dragonslayer spear is in the game/a boss weapon.
It is
I wish I decided to ask before I started to upgrade cause now I have a +3 spear I'll never use. Oh well, a few shards and a large shard ain't hurting me too bad.

mellow

She only needs to
survive 3 of the 4 possible fights.
I just let her die because she's an idiot against that boss.

do you know which other bosses she's available to summon for so I can keep my eyes peeled for her sign? I already know the
ship boss

Robot Pants

In general, is it really that bad that you need to start over? The way I played through Dark Souls 1, I had no idea what any of the stats did, but I was still able to just level up kind of blind and do what I wanted. I ended up with high dex and int, so I was a katana-wielding caster, and the stats I mistakenly dropped into stuff like Faith didn't really seem to bog down my progress at all.

I'm taking sort of the same approach to DSII, bad idea? I'm not one of those people that absolutely has to be 100% efficient with every stat.
I'm the same way but I felt I wasn't using the dual wielder like I shoukd have been. I ended up using a shield a lot so I thought what's the point? I picked a character that suited me better and I like it a lot more

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Helping more people yays. So much fun to teach people about
turning off the poison before the fight with Medusa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom