• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The
rat
fight is the biggest bullshit I've seen in my life. Im SL 90 and I can't beat him.
thousand rats, lock-on is fucking useless. When the boss appears he can kill you with one bite (poisoned) and there's no time to use an item because your life bar is empty after 1-2 seconds. You're fucked.

I want to throw my TV out of the window.

Join rat covenant, every time you kill a player in their area you get a lockstone, so yeah its ininfite as long as players keep dying to you there.

Since I don't really care about PVPing that much, are there enough lockstones in the actual world of Dark Souls II to use every contraption?

isual

The
rat
fight is the biggest bullshit I've seen in my life. Im SL 90 and I can't beat him.
thousand rats, lock-on is fucking useless. When the boss appears he can kill you with one bite (poisoned) and there's no time to use an item because your life bar is empty after 1-2 seconds. You're fucked.

I did that fight at 50 percent health.

You'll want a weapon that can kill the rats in one hit while dual wielding it.

Nintyb

Banned
The
rat

He doesn't seem to have many HP since I get him down to half health in a couple of swing. But, yeah, that poison... bullshit.

Killed my first boss
Last Giant
- Easy going, soul arrows make everything easy.

Come up to another fog door. "No way this is another boss so soon"

Walk through fog door, cutscene "Fuck!" 13,000 souls gone ;_;

Love it!

anddo0

Is there an area I'm supposed to go before the Shaded Ruins?
I'm getting owned left and right. I've cleared pretty much all the previous areas.

Garcia

There's a fucking annoying bug during the
Smelter Demon
fight.

He thrusts, launches you into the wall and you get stuck in there until he kills you. It's been 3 times in a row. What in the actual fuck???

Fhtagn

The
rat

I finally beat this boss last night and it was glorious.
You just have to keep moving around the room, kiting them around and being careful to be sure to kill and move. Use the slow affect of estus and lifegems to counter the poison, and just keep moving. Get used to how your weapon swings interact with the statues. It would have been an easier fight with a spear because my sword crashed into statues a lot. I used 6 flasks and 3 lifegems and did it.

I was literally shaking when I won; i think this fight will turn out to be the Asylum Demon fight of this game, for me; I had an utterly hellish time on my first playthrough and crush him easily every time now. I expect it to be a lot easier on my next character.

This and the
Ruin Sentinels
have been my favorite fights thus far.

Dex815

I'm weak...

Yesterday I did the preorder in PC. Today I bough it in PSN... I couldn't resist even 24 hours after release... Sorry comrades :(

Is the curse of the saga... I have everygame 2 or 3 times...

Scher

Smelter Demon
fight.

He thrusts, launches you into the wall and you get stuck in there until he kills you. It's been 3 times in a row. What in the actual fuck???

I mentioned this earlier, but that's not the only thing that can happen. There was one time where he didn't knock me into the wall, but my character was constantly sliding towards the wall, no matter what way I was trying to move.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Smelter Demon
fight.

I guess you could say he... smelted you into the wall

LProtag

What's everyone up to for Vitality? I'm already at 20 and I'm worried I have to pump it even more to use ultra greatswords and not fat roll.

GUYS I NEED HELP (Npc possibly died)

So I
was freeing Rosabeth from petrification and gave her some clothes. After that I pulled the level near her and got ambushed. I was sandwiched between her and the enemies and didn't want to attack because I'd hit her so I died on purpose. As I died, so did she! The enemies raped her and I saw her dissolve into smoke. Is she dead for the whole game? Can I revive her somehow via gravestone? I checked all around and couldn't find anything in Majula or where she died.

I wanna learn all the gestures and repopulate Majula, am I screwed? :(

Anyone mess up like this? :(

Hagi

heh got it today gorgeous steelbook :eek:

Going through the forest of giants? not that far into the area, climb up a ladder and suddenly
a bird drops down a floating giant death knight
wtf

Not really, but the lock on fucks up entirely too much. Locks on the enemies that aren't even attacking me while I'm in the middle of fighting one.

I don't have that problem. The lock feels the same as DaS for me.

I have the same problem with switching weapons, if I don't switch a bit after my previous attack it doesn't register. I'm sure it's a deliberate choice though.

As for my frustrations right now, in the well
FUCK that rat boss, done it 5 times, had him near death twice, but then my weapon broke... Now I'm out of poison items and two good swords, so I'll need to grind some souls before trying again. But holy fuck that thing is annoying, first really annoying boss.

I think it must be the input buffer. It feels like it has been reduced, a lot. The last Souls game I played was DeS which had a very generous input buffer, so this is taking me some time to get used to.

You probably ran out of stamina. This game is way more punishing when you run out of stamina compared to DS1. Feels like an eternity to be able to hit or roll again after running out. Sprinting is just plain weird. Sometimes the game just doesn't seem to care and starts the sprint 2+ seconds after you pressed the button. It's very annoying when I try to use sprint in combat (for dat sweet triple sweep with halberd).

I definitely have the stamina for it. I've got enough for 5 swings with my long sword, After 2-3 swings I have roughly half my stamina still and the roll doesn't work immediately.
The sprint is as you described it. Though that too has a delay if try to sprint again after stopping (still with 50% stamina or more).

T.O.P

Banned
Is
Sinner's Rise
the correct area to go after Lost Bastille?

Where is this exactly? I must've missed it too.

Right after the leve you switch to pull up a gate and you can see two dogs behind, right after there's a knight on top of the staris and a locked door right in front of you, you can also see a crack in the wall

JonCha

Enjoying this so far but got stuck on the first boss. Any advice? Running low on Life Gems and don't know where to spend my
Ester flask shards.

chunk3rvd

Have stayed spoiler free so far but wanted to try and answer a few questions and the wiki I found was spoiling too much for me. Can anyone help explain the following?

I haven't used a human effigy yet but I see that each bonfire has a strength level. What does that affect?

What does going human do? Same as DS - allow summons and leave you open to invasions?

What's the general thought on levelling up so far? DS used to be END and VIT till you found a weapon you liked then DEX or STR accordingly for example. Not sure what to do now that the old functions of END appear to have been split across 3 separate stats. Started as a bandit and have put 1 point into VGR and 1 into STR for the long sword. I usually like to roll DEX, move quickly and spare a few points for INT if I can (which might have made Bandit a bad starting choice since it only has 1 INT to begin with)

Finally, is the agility factor in ADP affecting your rolls? If so, does equip burden still factor in as well? At 40% equip right now with only 3 ADP but I still roll pretty decent

The
Undead Purgatory
is really a fking pain in the ass, absolutely everything can easy kill me there, and if i manage somehow to
get over the bridge
, there's this
huge fucking phantom
and if he doesen't kill me i jump to my death. Got two times to the boss and get him to 50% down. Died at least ten times on the way there, some monsters even stopped respawning.

Celegus

Enjoying this so fat but got stuck on the first boss. Any advice? Running low on Life Gems and don't know where to spend my
Ester flask shards.

There's a lady near the bonfire in Majula. She'll hook you up. I had much better luck with that boss after I used an effigy so I didn't get killed in one hit, and didn't use the lock-on which just messed with the camera. And then, like all bosses, be patient and don't get greedy with too many hits.

Gorillaz

bell tower is definitely PvP central

My only problem is,

it's the worst fucking location to do it, at least the forest in DS1 was open

edit: and now i'm getting ganked, beautiful

I did that fight at 50 percent health.

You'll want a weapon that can kill the rats in one hit while dual wielding it.

I have Katana +10 and a Hammer which does 300 Damage and I can't kill them in one hit.

The boss is the problem here because one bite = death. A shield doesn't help either.

heh got it today gorgeous steelbook :eek:

Going through the forest of giants? not that far into the area, climb up a ladder and suddenly
a bird drops down a floating giant death knight
wtf
I barely saw this. I kind of went up the ladder and back down and turned around realising something was happening.

I think it's the same thing I've encountered later, so I don't know if I missed an early chance to kill it or it was just an early unfriendly hello.

JonCha

Give them to the Emerald Herald (the girl who levels you up)

There's a lady near the bonfire in Majula. She'll hook you up. I had much better luck with that boss after I used an effigy so I didn't get killed in one hit, and didn't use the lock-on which just messed with the camera. And then, like all bosses, be patient and don't get greedy with too many hits.

Thanks. I'm guessing effigies
increae your defense?

Clegg

Any recommendations on a decent starter build? I'm not an expert on the Souls games and I'm just really looking bash some monsters. Soldier a good class?

Ferr986

Thanks. I'm guessing effigies
increae your defense?

Effigies turns you human. In human form you have 100% of health (oposed to the decreased health you lose everytime you die as a hollow. Also, you can summon other players, if you want, in human form

anddo0

Is there an area I'm supposed to go before the Shaded Ruins?
I'm getting owned left and right. I've cleared pretty much all the previous areas.

Okay, so maybe I completed WAY less than I thought. I haven't even been to Huntsman's Copse.

I'm guessing The Shaded Ruins is an optional area?

Grudy

(Belfry Luna boss spoiler)
I really dislike the gargoyle battle in this game. I kept trying the three sentinels fight for over 15 times until I managed to beat them alone and it was awesome, but this gargoyle fight is just frustrating.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i'm curious everyone enjoying Dark souls 2? I certainly am. Tough i certainly have to take long breaks because i can fucking pissed.

Grudy

Okay, so maybe I completed WAY less than I thought. I haven't even been to Huntsman's Copse.

I'm guessing The Shaded Ruins is an optional area?

I think it leads to other important areas but I'm not sure. You can check the map on the wiki.

Sullichin

GUYS I NEED HELP (Npc possibly died)

So I
was freeing Rosabeth from petrification and gave her some clothes. After that I pulled the level near her and got ambushed. I was sandwiched between her and the enemies and didn't want to attack because I'd hit her so I died on purpose. As I died, so did she! The enemies raped her and I saw her dissolve into smoke. Is she dead for the whole game? Can I revive her somehow via gravestone? I checked all around and couldn't find anything in Majula or where she died.

I wanna learn all the gestures and repopulate Majula, am I screwed? :(

Anyone mess up like this? :(

Possibly screwed. She's in Majula by the death total statue thing in my game. She sells pyromancies IIRC.

AngryMoth

Finally beat the
spider
boss after what must have been about 20 attempts. Soloed it in the end because the people I was summoning kept dying too early. I don't even think it's that tough a fight, just requires patients which I am lacking today.

Ferr986

Thinking about leveling STR for using the Bastard Sword. What do you guys that are farter think about it? I got summoned for the
Pursuer
, a boss that I have yet to complete, and I was doing shit damage with my Heide sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom