• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
STR scales in 2h just like Ds's right.

If so I can safely say STR builds are officially useless.

With 25 STR you can wield the biggest STR weapon and still get the scaled damage bonus. Seriously whats the point in investing 50 stats into STR? So you can 1h lol?

FROM has once again shown that they are filthy dex whores.
Three games in a row. :-(

Fhtagn

So at some point I just fell majorly behind everyone else. Need to stop visiting this thread.

Yeah I'm 24 hours into the game already and even I'm behind a bunch of folks here hah. It's also the way the game branches wide several times so you can get pretty far into areas others haven't seen in the same amount of time.

Wrecking Havoc with my Fire +10 longsword! I've finally been able to be summoned as a blue phantom today! First time in about 20 hours of playtime lol. Also been able to invade 4 times the world of guilty players. (won only 2, tho)

If you see AceBaldwin invading your world...
YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD
:)

Farooq

Banned
In Dark Souls 1, you could kill the merchant in the undead burg and receive a uchigatana early.

I think there may be something similar in this game.

Weapon and NPC spoilers:
If you kill Hag Melentia, apparently she drops a darkdrift katana. Can anyone confirm? If not, I will take the bullet and confirm if this is true or not. I must also point out there is another way to get the weapon. I won't specify how because I don't want to spoil anything.

I did it. Results:
I did not a get the Katana. I got the covetous serpent ring. I regret killing her already.

I just used soul vessel. Didn't like my strength/ dex character.

Now

STR: 20 (before 36)
DEX: 35 (before 30)
FTH: 18 (before 6)

Bleed katana wasn't good so I changed it to lightning (scales with faith)

I've got a summon sign outside the last giants area if anyone needs help. PSN ID is
PhatBoy92
I've beat the boss a few times now so I know what I'm doing.

Ferrio

Banned
STR scales in 2h just like Ds's right.

If so I can safely say STR builds are officially useless.

With 25 STR you can wield the biggest STR weapon and still get the scaled damage bonus. Seriously whats the point in investing 50 stats into STR? So you can 1h lol?

FROM has once again shown that they are filthy dex whores.

Wait you can 1hand greatswords? Does that mean you can dual wield them?!!

edit: Holy shit you can.....

I wanna switch to str now....

Jeramii

Banned

I saw this earlier. I really fucking hope they don't patch it out like the translation hints...

I would be a major supporter of the 10% increase in health per victory, and gain humanity once reaching 100%. We'll see I guess. :\

fuck
The Pursuer
he drains all my stamina in 2 hits. But i refuse to use a summon...

You can parry him, it's not easy... but you can.

Is the closest bonfire to the
spider
boss at
chapel threshold
, seems like a ton of shit you have to go through just to reach the boss.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Earthen Peak Boss:

So I engage the boss in co-op. Pool of poison. Not gonna fucking happen. I do it again with another person, but before they enter the room with the Pharros Contraption and the poison disappears, and there's a blue puddle which I guess gives a poise buff. So I'm lik "sweet". I proceed to use a stone. Nothing. Poison spews out. A message pops up saying "Torch Required". Are you fucking serious. In what way is that obvious?

My thinking - is this boss fucked now? Will there always be poison. And in what way were there context clues to suggest this?

Ferr986

I saw this earlier. I really fucking hope they don't patch it out like the translation hints...

I would be a major supporter of the 10% increase in health per victory, and gain humanity once reaching 100%. We'll see I guess. :\

You can parry him, it's not easy... but you can.

welp, I always sucked at parry. Im one of those who does Gwyn without parries lol

Garcia

Why the hell didn't they allow a full HDD install for those who bought the disc version??

The loading times. . . I'm growing white hair here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom