• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same deal here. PS3 version as well I assume? Disk copy or digital? It feels like it's a loading issue with the disk and it honestly pisses me off. I've been told adaptability makes it better, but at 14 adaptability already and the game still isn't anywhere near as snappy and responsive as DKS1 was. It's honestly incredibly disappointing.

PS3 retail disc yep.

spliced

Man do I hate those
exploding mummys, such a pain.

I'm pretty sure lighting the torch stands
are gonna be a huge disappointment. I was excited to finally get a second torch to light the ones at the start and as far as I could tell nothing even happened...wth!

My boss fight with the
Pursuer was my fastest ever, I had looked over at the area before going into the fog and figured out what to do. He went down in 2 shots in about 15 seconds lol.

Tha
t fireball shooting lizard
annoyed me. I go and fight and kill him only to see him drop something and realize I can't get to it. I hope it wasn't good whatever it was.

My strength build
finally payed off at the 3 sentinels. The tower shield was a huge help and after beating them I finally got my strength weapon I'd been waiting for.

I played all the way to the B
elfry place without getting invaded once, Then I enter in their and 2 people invade within 10 seconds lol. Of course the No way gesture comes out, how did I know that was coming. As soon as I saw that one I knew that it'll be spammed over and over. It would have been cool if the only had more interesting ones, oh well.

Is there something I'm missing with summoning? I've been summoned into other player's worlds multiple times, but I never see summon signs in my game. I tried burning a human effigy and that didn't change anything.

You have to use them I'm not exactly sure what burning them does, but my friends said it supposedly does something to limit online.

So dumb that enemies can destroy chests.
Already lost two chests to them, insanely stupid design choice.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Me and a random summon managed to kill
the pursuer the first time you meet him,
took one hell of a beating and we had a few close calls.

where can I buy gold pine resin, I can remember which merchant sold it to me.

I'm at huntsmans corpse, how far away is that to iron keep? I want that ember, I have a halberd +10 just waiting to bee elemental upgraded

Farming souls by helping out people on bosses is great. Almost feels like "cheating" the system. I think I farmed 40 levels worth on
Pursuer
alone.

ironcreed

Banned
from Dark Souls facebook page:

"If you pre-ordered Dark Souls II on the PSN and have not received your bonus content - We apologize for the delay, but it is now available.

1. Go to the PlayStation Store.
2. Choose Dark Souls II.
3. Select the 'Free' version.
4. Re-download the game.

5. (Optional) Once the download starts, you can cancel and go to your Download List and resume each specific weapon/shield pack instead of the entire game.

Thank you for your patience!"

Well damn. I wondered why I never got anything, but was not sweating it.

Fhtagn

Oh wow, I just re-read the item description on Sublime Bone Dust... Does that imply what I think it does? Wait, don't tell me, haha.

Beautifully written at least.

zashga

It's annoying how limited titanite is in DS2. I feel like I can't experiment with neat weapons I find because there just isn't enough material. I've found a grand total of one large titanite shard so far, and I've found two separate vendors who sell 10 normal titanite only. Oh, but chunks drop like candy in
bell covenant invasions
. Lame.

Does low-grade titanite get more abundant later? (I've finished
Bastille and Huntsman's Copse
, and
Shaded Woods or Harvest Valley
is next.) Right now it's severely limiting my progression.

ElFly

How does the blue guardian covenant work?

Do I have to be in the place where the way of blue victims are being invaded? or in the cathedral?

Garcia

Is PvP bound to P2P? Or is it server based as well?

2 invasions. The lag is unbearable. I'm staying the hell away from PvP.

AngryMoth

By the way, is heide knight sword kinda overpowered? I have it at +5 and it only does slightly less damage than my scimitar +10, it must be a beast fully upgraded. Shame I don't like the moveset.
Oh wow, I just re-read the item description on Sublime Bone Dust... Does that imply what I think it does? Wait, don't tell me, haha.

Beautifully written at least.
Yeah very cool I thought.

Scher

Persuer
, this is
Smelter Demon
's room. Give it back! You are a
Persuer
. The room doesn't even fit!

It's annoying how limited titanite is in DS2. I feel like I can't experiment with neat weapons I find because there just isn't enough material. I've found a grand total of one large titanite shard so far, and I've found two separate vendors who sell 10 normal titanite only. Oh, but chunks drop like candy in
bell covenant invasions
. Lame.

Does low-grade titanite get more abundant later? (I've finished
Bastille and Huntsman's Copse
, and
Shaded Woods or Harvest Valley
is next.) Right now it's severely limiting my progression.

Eventually large titanite and regular titanite becomes infinite at a certain vendor after you complete a certain task. Also, I have found plenty just by playing through the game. I have a maxed fire long sword and a +6 Scimitar, +4 Dark Knight Halberd and a +4 enchanted Falchion.

Quick question is there anything else to do in the
cathedral
once you defeat
Old dragonslayer
? The only thing there left is to join the covenant and a bonfire.

TraBuch

Banned
So my Sun Sword +10 does significantly less damage than my Uchigatana +10 even though I have about 25 more AP with the Sun Sword. Odd.

koryuken

from Dark Souls facebook page:

"If you pre-ordered Dark Souls II on the PSN and have not received your bonus content - We apologize for the delay, but it is now available.

1. Go to the PlayStation Store.
2. Choose Dark Souls II.
3. Select the 'Free' version.
4. Re-download the game.

5. (Optional) Once the download starts, you can cancel and go to your Download List and resume each specific weapon/shield pack instead of the entire game.

Thank you for your patience!"

Woot, fucking finally!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Holy fuck those fucking
3 sentinels
are tough as fuck, any tips?

Also where can i get more miracles?

there's a women on the other side of that map above the dragon rider boss that sells them. but she moved now I can't find her.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
That's where I am. Make sure you turn human and use the summon sign in one of the cells leading up to the boss. Those guys are still twats, though.

So basically cheeze it hard with co op? got ya lol, man i can handle one in the ledge just fine but two at a time? fuck you maneater 2.0 suck my dick from.

mellow

anyone have any information regarding the covenant of champions or w/e? i want to join it for the trophy and then quit..would the increased difficulty effect of the covenant then reset?

maybe I should just created a new character for it if not..

I started a Knight class character to see what the difference was from my sorcerer and I literally can't kill the ogre right at the start of Things Betwixt, lol - the combat feels so different from DS1. I was really getting by on soul arrows with my sorcerer and just two-handing the dagger on lesser enemies, but melee is really taking some getting used to for me. I feel like a Souls virgin all over again!

So basically cheeze it hard with co op? got ya lol, man i can handle one in the ledge just fine but two at a time? fuck you maneater 2.0 suck my dick from.

The phantom you summon uses magic that completely destroys them. It's just a matter of keeping them away from her so she can do her thang.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
DSCF6101.jpg

It is time.

So long, GAF. See you after at least my first playthrough!

Is PvP bound to P2P? Or is it server based as well?

2 invasions. The lag is unbearable. I'm staying the hell away from PvP.

I've been watching PvP stream where people had 50+ duels and didn't hear them complain at all? did you open up your region settings maybe fighting people far away?

anyone have any information regarding the covenant of champions or w/e? i want to join it for the trophy and then quit..would the increased difficulty effect of the covenant then reset?

maybe I should just created a new character for it if not..

You don't need to join covenants to get trophies. You'll get it when you are offered to join. You can just decline.

trying to avoid every single post for spoilers, but I gotta ask:

Does choosing a class actually matter ?
Are there class quests or stuff only for specific class ?

Prototype

I find that being able to teleport from the start of the game has made me less familiar with how the areas interconnect. It's taking me longer to remember how some areas connect to one another. That said, I greatly appreciate being able to travel around the world at will :)

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I find that being able to teleport from the start of the game has made me less familiar with how the areas interconnect. It's taking me longer to remember how some areas connect to one another. That said, I greatly appreciate being able to travel around the world at will :)

tbh the level design is all over the place in this one. warpping was absolutely necessary imo.

That's the way I feel, it's a mixed blessing.

I've never bother much with the online component of DS1, but this time I want to try out the coop, and help other people defeat areas/bosses. How should I go about this? Just leave my summon sign near bonfires/fog doors, or is there more to it? Also, what is the benefit of using the small white soapstone instead of the normal one?

My god this game is huge....there's so much to do. So much stuff to find. Hidden areas/ treasures/ characters/ covernants. HOLY SHIT.

Btw: Does anyone know if there's a secret world like "World of Ariams" in this game?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
trying to avoid every single post for spoilers, but I gotta ask:

Does choosing a class actually matter ?
Are there class quests or stuff only for specific class ?

There's no class specific quests. Classes are basically pre-builds to start you off in a particular state of strengths and weaknesses. You can build a character any way you like over the course of the game. But the starting class stats will make working towards a specific goal more efficient.

This is potentially less important in Dark Souls II since a (very limited use) respec item exists later in the game.

Garcia

I've been watching PvP stream where people had 50+ duels and didn't hear them complain at all? did you open up your region settings maybe fighting people far away?

Aaaaah, indeed, that must be it. I actually opened it up. Will fix that to see if there's any improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom