• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scher

[NaK];104411823 said:
The
Belfry Gargoyles
boss is driving me crazy!
I can't handle them on my own, and as soon as I set foot in the tower in human form, some god damn grey shade invades me.

How did you guys beat this crap? :(

Very cautiously.

I made sure to focus on one at a time, so I wouldn't have too many out on the field at once. This is the only fight I've used a shield for, as well, so I would keep the shield up and circle them to try and keep them close together. I also would try and take advantage of my rolling attack if I needed to dodge something but would be near the enemy I was focusing on. Outside of that, I can't think of anything else to say other than be careful. It's an absolutely terrible fight.

Holy crap @
executioner's chariot
boss fight. Two summoned phantoms died almost instantly and I manged to beat him. That was intense...my hands are shaking god damn.

DC1

Guys. I am a big fan of Dark souls. Is Dark Souls 2 just as good as the previous games?
It's harder. Not at first but the difficulty increases pretty quickly in some areas.

For some reason it doesn't seem as polished as demon's souls though. ..I haven't put my finger on that one.
But yeah get it when you can and play with folks!

[NaK];104411823 said:
The
Belfry Gargoyles
I can't handle them on my own, and as soon as I set foot in the tower in human form, some god damn grey shade invades me.

Lol will power. I died at least 6 times before I beat them. Make sure you keep them all in front of you and have either fire based or lightening based weaponry. I used a fire longsword but I've heard that golden pine resin does the trick as well.

I'm starting to cruise through the game now, but I still haven't found an INT weapon. I've been using an upgraded flame longsword since it's damage is all straight up without stats. I'd like an equivalent to something like the Moonlight butterfly horn. I see that one knight has a Moonlight greatsword, too.

I found a magic mace in a cave in
Huntsman Copse
, one of the beta areas.

Garcia

How do I get the item on top of that tree right where you fight the
Scorpion Woman
? Should I just shoot it?

Where can I find
Licia
in Heide's Tower of Flame? It says in the IGN Guide that's she's by the 2nd bonfire, but I only found the dude from the
Blue Sentinels.
I really want to go to Huntsman's Copse! Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, I found her, but she's not heading to the spot where I'm supposed to spend souls to open the door. Any ideas? She's still in the Tower of Flame.

Leezard

Where can I find
Licia
in Heide's Tower of Flame? It says in the IGN Guide that's she's by the 2nd bonfire, but I only found the dude from the
Blue Sentinels.

There's another "2nd bonfire" Keep searching in the area.

Where can I find
Licia
Blue Sentinels.

When you reach the room with 3 knights in it, head to your right. You'll fight a boss and the 2nd bonfire and Licia are right after it. Be sure to pull the switch before entering the 3 knights' room. It will make the boss fight easier.

Garcia

Thank you sun brother (whoever you are). You helped me breeze through one of the most hideous looking areas in the whole game. . . Fugly textures as far as you can see! And
basilisks?
Why did they have to make a come back.

When you reach the room with 3 knights in it, head to your right. You'll fight a boss and the 2nd bonfire and Licia are right after it. Be sure to pull the switch before entering the 3 knights' room. It will make the boss fight easier.

Ok I talked to her but she's not in the room she's supposed to be in. She's still in the Tower of Flame. Any ideas?

Grinchy

Banned
The last time I checked the death count, there were about 20 million deaths already in the PS3 version. It is just skyrocketing now.

NIN90

Using the white phantom ring in the bell tower = FUCKING LOOOOL I'm getting so many cheap kills XD

I was wondering if the wearer shows up as one of transparent ghostish shades or like the pretty detailed ones that keep showing up at bonfires? Because it looks to me like the latter when I'm wearing the ring.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Jus beat:

Those 3
bosses. Quite a fight. The first one is easy but once you take him dow and the other 2 come at the same time it gets harder. It's not that it's a very hard fight but I wasn't doing much damage and they could drop like half my health in one hit... so I was tense the whole time.

Does anyone know how you get that item that is in the same area as the bosses (once you can see when you enter but I don't seem to be able to jump and get it)
You need a perfect pixel jump, don't go diagonally but straight parallel to the platform you're jumping off from. It's annoying because it's only
3 homeward bones
, lol. Tried so many times just for that? Bah.

So I have absolutely no idea where to go next.

These are the area's I've seen and think I've cleared
Cathedral of Blue(killed old dragonslayer)
Heide's Tower of Flame(Killed the boss there)
Forest of Fallen Giants(killed giant and pursuer)
No Man's Wharf (killed boss and took the boat)
Sinners Rise (killed boss and unpetrified the mage)
Lost bastille(Killed the sentinels and found every bonfire)

Need some direction! Doesn't need to be "Hey do this and this and this" just something as simple as "check out that area again" or something
Down the
well in Majula
, orrrr speak to miracle lady
on the way to Heide's tower and let her unlock the alternate path

It controls like a Rapier.
Thanks for the info. Will pass on that one. How about the
Arced Sword
? It requires heavy str but scales with dex. Is it like Murakumo?

mxgt

Banned
[NaK];104411823 said:
The
Belfry Gargoyles

This one is kicking my ass as well. Most trouble I've had with a souls boss since O&S.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Got the game today. Loving it. Dropped 10 "Praise The Sun!" messages down just before the bonfire with the chick.

Getting dat fat healing yo. About 50+ votes on them within 3 or 4 hours. Bit naughty, actually, might remove them.

Anyone know where I can trade the (boss spoiler?)
Soul of the Lost Sinner
for item(s)?

As a swordsman using one handed swords, are there any boss souls worth trading?

Aw crap just bought the ps3version (sold my 360)

...and I cannot play this :(

Played a few hours and the framerate is stuttering constantly, at least in Dark Souls there were areas with about 30fps for longer period of times

This game runs CONSTANTLY at about 18-25 as far as i can tell.
The stuttering is nauseating, it actually makes me physically ill.

Guess I have to hold out for a next gen version :(

Yeah, it's a damn shame that even after downgrading the lighting and textures, the game still runs worse than DS. It never gets to the extreme lows that DS did in Blight Town, but it runs worse overall. I really dislike how the camera controls now too, and the controls feel a little laggy. Still a great game and I'm still enjoying it, but I'm really disappointed in the performance. PC version can't come soon enough =(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Has anyone tried fighting the
the 3 ruin sentinels altogether ?
You mean solo? Or all three at once? I solo'ed them, but I
took out the first before the other two jumped on the platform. I then went down to fight the remaining two, went really slowly, used lots of throwing knives (they worked really well against them!) and firebombs because I was scared to get in range. Only when one was left did I dare really go close-range melee.
All three at the same time sounds like a nightmare haha.

Is Human Effigy the only way to get your health back to maximum level? And that item is quite rare in the game?

Not THAT rare, about as common as Stones of Ephemeral Eyes were in Demon's Souls I'd say. You can also (sometimes, % chance based? still unclear) revive after a coop session, but it's really random and possibly a bug that will get patched later. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom