• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ZO1ZldS.jpg

I lol'd

I am not liking this 50% health drop on multiple deaths, I don't think it works particularly well alongside 1 Estus Flask.. :/ Just started getting enemies not respawning now too.

I am not liking this 50% health drop on multiple deaths, I don't think it works particularly well alongside 1 Estus Flask.. :/ Just started getting enemies not respawning now too.

Use a Human Effigy? You could also go to Heide's (tunnel next to Shalquior's house in Majula) to pick up a ring that caps health loss from death at 75%.

Gorillaz

Broken how?

invasions happen right off the bat as soon as you enter the level, in doing so it temporary cancels out the possibility of you summoning a coop partner. The cool down time must be about 15 seconds or less because a 2nd invader joined the area, during this entire time I couldn't summon for coop it locked me out.

The bell tower stuff seems to be more for trolling then anything, which is fine I'm all for it, but there is no real room to fightback in it at all. You basically have to make a run for it.

It was basically something they put together at the last min and tied it in to a possible farming technique.

invasions happen right off the bat as soon as you enter the level, in doing so it temporary cancels out the possibilty of you summoning a coop partner

the cool down time must be about 20 seconds because a 2nd invader joined the area, during this entire time I couldn't summon for coop

The bell tower stuff seems to be more for trolling then anything, which is fine I'm all for it, but there is no real room to fightback in it at all. You basically have to make a run for it.

It's possible to go into the bell tower with white phantoms. Couple people I invaded last night had partners. Maybe you need to summon them before entering?

invasions happen right off the bat as soon as you enter the level, in doing so it temporary cancels out the possibilty of you summoning a coop partner

the cool down time must be about 20 seconds because a 2nd invader joined the area, during this entire time I couldn't summon for coop

Pretty much sums up my last hour of this game. F that place lol.

OMG just had an epic fight 3 vs 1 against (Blue Cathedral boss)
Ornstein

Now I have a question regrding Souls universe timeline.

Does DS2 happen before or after DS1?

Answer in spoiler please.

Gorillaz

It's possible to go into the bell tower with white phantoms. Couple people I invaded last night had partners. Maybe you need to summon them before entering?

as soon as you walk through that walkaway you are considered "open" for invasion from whoever is searching

it's basically luck to get a coop partner in time

I'm sorta stuck at the
Ruin Sentinels
. The NPC doesn't seem to help too much. I get one down before one of the others gets me. I have the Drangleic shield, so that helps absorb the physical damage, but these cunts just do too much endurance damage. I'm SL60 right now - should I go fiddle around in
Huntsman's Copse
for a while and come back later?

I saw that exact same thing happen three times along the same wall in Forest of Giants the other day. XD

Dresden

I had to fight off like three invasions before I could go through Belfrey Luna, I wouldn't have made it without a lot of luck.

for Belfrey Sol I just disabled online after getting sandwiched a few times. By that point enough people were joining the Bell Keepers that I was always fighting two invaders at once, which isn't fun.

Brohan

Guys help me out Please i got 2 questions
I depetrified a guy named straid with my only branch, to top it off the bitch dissapeared on me... So where to get another branch of yore and where to find straid.

Use a Human Effigy? You could also go to Heide's (tunnel next to Shalquior's house in Majula) to pick up a ring that caps health loss from death at 75%.

Yeah going to do that!
So, you can buy as many Effigy's as you need? They feel rarer than Humanity in DkS.

I just beat
The Last Giant
, he was my first boss. I assume he's most peoples first boss?

I got a Soldier key, is that for a specific door?
And.. any recommendations of where to go next?

Guys help me out Please i got 2 questions
I depetrified a guy named straid with my only branch, to top it off the bitch dissapeared on me... So where to get another branch of yore and where to find straid.

Straid should be right outside his cell. Also there's two Fragrant Branches in Harvest Valley.

Yeah going to do that!
So, you can buy as many Effigy's as you need? They feel rarer than Humanity in DkS.

Effigies aren't infinite but you can buy a good number of them.

Soldier Key
unlocks various doors in the Forest of Fallen Giants. Most notably it's used on a door on the top floor or the fortress area to access another boss. If that boss gives you trouble, just go to Heide's Tower of Flame and progress there.

Fuck the spider boss...that's all i can possibly say

Yea, I don't see why he has to spawn with a horde of spiders at the start of the fight and then have them constantly spawning in during. It's annoying enough to have to run to a fight over and over, but to have to run to a fight and then fight a group of enemies while dodging the boss before you can actually fight him... It's just stupid.

dalVlatko

I'm sorta stuck at the
Ruin Sentinels
. The NPC doesn't seem to help too much. I get one down before one of the others gets me. I have the Drangleic shield, so that helps absorb the physical damage, but these cunts just do too much endurance damage. I'm SL60 right now - should I go fiddle around in
Huntsman's Copse
for a while and come back later?

I had a lot of trouble with them but I ended up
taking out the first one on the platform, attacking the second on the platform until the third jumps up, and then just isolating them until there was only one left.

It just requires a lot of patience.

I just beat
The Last Giant
, he was my first boss. I assume he's most peoples first boss?

The soldier key works on a lot (3?) of doors. Just explore the Forest and you'll end up finding a couple of new path.

Juliet's 8½ Spirits;104406438 said:
where can I buy gold pine resin, I can remember which merchant sold it to me.

I'm at huntsmans corpse, how far away is that to iron keep? I want that ember, I have a halberd +10 just waiting to bee elemental upgraded

pls ne1

Jobbs

Banned
what's the "right" level to be for the last half of the game's content, what's the "right" level for late game dungeons, and what's the "right" level to be for the majority of pvp right now?

I'm level 80 and afraid to level up because I don't know if I'll outlevel the majority of players and be secluded.

Nose Master

Covenant stuff:
Took me a while to realize why enemies weren't attacking me in Pharos. You can pretty much afk there with the ring on and rack up lockstones.

In Shalquoir's house, and she isn't selling a ring that maxes health loss at 25%. There is one for gaining HP off of enemy kills though. Will the other one become available later?

EDIT: Ah, it's down the slope next to her house. OK, I'll have a look there for the ring. Any pointers to where it is?

Ghazi

I can't even beat
The Last Giant
, at level 13, how fucked am I? Is there anywhere else I can go? Or do I have to keep pushing to beat him, I've used all my life gems and effegies to turn human and summon people, trying to beat him.

He's a minor boss too, right?

HeelPower

Yea, I don't see why he has to spawn with a horde of spiders at the start of the fight and then have them constantly spawning in during. It's annoying enough to have to run to a fight over and over, but to have to run to a fight and then fight a group of enemies while dodging the boss before you can actually fight him... It's just stupid.

The small spiders do massive damage and can tail you extremely well...I had such a hard time with that boss.

Also I was using Estoc which is extremely unsuited for this fight.The weapon can miss their hitboxes and can't crowd control.

It was so hard.

You mean solo? Or all three at once? I solo'ed them, but I
took out the first before the other two jumped on the platform. I then went down to fight the remaining two, went really slowly, used lots of throwing knives (they worked really well against them!) and firebombs because I was scared to get in range. Only when one was left did I dare really go close-range melee.
All three at the same time sounds like a nightmare haha.

Yeah I was thinking solo and all three of them at once.lol

Prototype

what's the "right" level to be for the last half of the game's content, what's the "right" level for late game dungeons, and what's the "right" level to be for the majority of pvp right now?

I'm level 80 and afraid to level up because I don't know if I'll outlevel the majority of players and be secluded.

im SL 97 atm and still finding people easily for co-op. invasions only so far at the bellfry.

edit: lol 20,000,000 deaths, it was 4 mil last time I checked it.

Gorillaz

I thought people said levels don't mean anything anmore but now it's all about how many bosses have you already beaten before hand

I can't even beat
The Last Giant
, at level 13, how fucked am I? Is there anywhere else I can go? Or do I have to keep pushing to beat him, I've used all my life gems and effegies to turn human and summon people, trying to beat him.

I struggled (Lv 13 also). I used some magic to buff my Short Sword and managed it after about 6 attempts. His stomp caused loads of damage to me! :)

Late game seems to be around SL120-130. No idea about PvP but right now I'm SL77 after lighting the first
primal bonfire
and I've been cooping, bell tower invading, and being ambushed by Ratbros with no problem.

Though I thought I read somewhere that player matching is now based on total souls earned, rather than pure SL. I don't know the mechanics of it but it might be worth keeping in mind.

Ok I am suck after the second great soul. Where do I go?

I got a key but every door I have used it on takes me to an item, all dead ends. The spider boss ends in a dead end too. Did I miss a location in the ghost woods?

I can't even beat
The Last Giant

Go to the Heidi tower and cheese the knights for levels.

In Shalquoir's house, and she isn't selling a ring that maxes health loss at 25%. There is one for gaining HP off of enemy kills though. Will the other one become available later?

EDIT: Ah, it's down the slope next to her house. OK, I'll have a look there for the ring. Any pointers to where it is?

Drawbridge at Heides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom