• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fbh

Need some advice fighting

The los
t sinner. He has probably killed me 10 times already. He just doesn't give you time to recover stamina or health. I roll twice to evade his 2 attacks and then try to hit him but half the time he just jumps out of the way. Even when I manage to hit him he still jumps back and by the time my characters is out of the attack animation and starting to recover stamina he is already running towards me.

Also, is there a way to light up the room? I don't know if it's related with the darkness byt I'm having a hard time locking on to him. Sometimes he jumps back and is no longer "locked on" and even if I'm looking directly at him I have to press the button like 3 times to lock on

Any weapon type that works well on him?

Lost Sinner
down. Dude was a piece of cake compared to the gauntlet of enemies leading up to him. I've heard there's a gimmick there and I'm guessing it has something to do with
torches or lighting sconces to increase your lock-on distance
. Imagine how amazing that fight would be if From kept the game's original lighting and you were fighting him in a pitch-black room...

Also!

Where in the hell is the second blacksmith? I've searched every inch of
the Lost Bastille
and I didn't find shit. There's a petrified wizard-looking dude but there's no way that's him, right? BTW, what services does he offer? Want to know if I should de-petrify him or the lady holding the lever in Majula. I hate that I have to ask, I'd rather just figure it out myself, but I resigned myself long ago to the fact that no one's going to be able to discover everything on their own.
the dude in the cell? Yeah, it's him, lol

Edit: He's not a blacksmith but you can trade specific souls...you know...^^

I just
sit in the little alcoves with my shield up not allowing the skeletons to get in with me. They get hit by the chariot and fall down. While they are down, I just book it to a mage, kill him, and keep doing this till the mages are dead (only 2 I think). Then you can finish off the skeletons or let the chariot kill them.

Are you online? Also I think I heard if you were in the champions covenant you can't do it or something?

I am in Way of Blue. I am Hollow, so should be able to be summoned, right? Or has that changed? Or am I getting confused!

Buy the ring and jump into the well or walk the way into Heides tower again. On the way you'll find the chick you rescued and she opens a path for you.
Are you referring to the one you got to pay 2k souls? I can't remember
rescuing somebody from that place other than that stoned dude.

Ghazi

Go to the Heidi tower and cheese the knights for levels.

I cannot figure out how to get there, I've searched through
Forest of the Giants and Majula
for all items,
The Last Giant
is the only way forward.

I got a couple thousand souls while searching, but lost them again at the boss, oh well.

You should try to change your approach if you can't beat him.

If you are trying to stay in front and block his attacks, try rolling between his legs and taking a swing at his legs before he tries to stomp on you. Rolling is much more effective than blocking as it gets you in position to attack as well as makes you invincible to attacks.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but having half health, weak attacks, no regen options, and wonky hitboxes makes him really hard for some reason.

Iron Keep question:
How do you walk on that patch of burning lava stuff next to the first bonfire? I'm primarily here to try and find the Old Ember, but shiny items beckon me.

Yeah I must know this as well. It must be a ring like the one in dark souls that allows you to walk on lava. Just can't find it.

Realyn

Are you referring to the one you got to pay 2k souls? I can't remember
rescuing somebody from that place other than that stoned dude.

Do you remember the cat from the start? She sells a ring for 13k which lowers your fall damage. With it you can jump into the giant hole, well or whatever it is/was ;).

LProtag

Do you have to be near the bells to invade?

Also, I got invaded in the belfrey by two dudes using their fists and trying to box me to death. It actually got pretty tense.

Guys, where do you think I should go next?

I finished:
Forest of the Giants
Lost Bastille

I have available:
Heides
Sinner's Rise
Bellfyre whatever
Grave of Saints

I'm looking for the easiest area if possible.

Ok I am suck after the second great soul. Where do I go?

I got a key but every door I have used it on takes me to an item, all dead ends. The spider boss ends in a dead end too. Did I miss a location in the ghost woods?

blackflag

Hell yes..level 85 finally got a Katana. Dat S rank. Gonna put this 40 Dex to some good use. If only I could gind more large shards. They are rarer than chunks.

There are 4 (that I'm aware of) bosses that you can do first, so can you be more specific?

oh really? wow, didn't even realize. I did the last giant first. he dropped the soldier key which opens a bunch of doors in the area, but the tortoise guys are a little too tough for me right now, and i don't fare much better against the giant guys by taking the other path from Majula.

i'm dual wielding the caestus things or whatever they're called. the leather fist weapons. i upgraded each of them a couple times too, but maybe i should look for a way to do better damage? i've been pretty much only upgrading strength and dex, but i'm starting to dump points in adaptability so i can get the agility points. does this seems smart for someone trying to dual wield?

deadeye

This strange thing happened to me the first time in the well in majula by the way, after
the first bonfire, I randomly started invading another world as a shade, without any summonrings equiped. I beat him after some lag teleported me to his back and I got two backstabs in, so either my game got laggy all on its own or it definitely wasn't an NPC summon. Do you draw people to you with the rat covenant, rather than the other way around?
. At first I thought this might have been supposed to happen, but it didn't happen to some other people I know.

Does anyone know what that was?

Yes, that's exactly what is happening. I made a post about it just a moment ago. Having a lot of fun being part of that covenant.

Heides it is. Thanks, fellas.

just a few tips

if you have trouble with the ruin sentinels, just circle them and wait until they finish their 3 move combo and wile out on em.

dragonrider should be cake

old dragonslayer is easy if you put on some light gear and just roll behind him to avoid his attacks and just hit him from behind

Got co-op working now, sweet.

I noticed that when the other player uses the Estus flask, the players being summoned don't get a HP boost now. That was cool in DkS1. Another hardcore removal ;)

It is normal that i've never been invaded?

I didn't start getting invaded until I joined some covenants. If I didn't I don't think I would've. :/

It's probably people just trying to figure stuff out. That and the limited resources like Cracked Red Eye Orbs are hard to come by.

Realyn

Anyone? I can't be the only person to use a bow from time to time :eek:.
I'm SL70 and
"I'm currently at the poison villa and have 1 boss soul allready
. I'm using a dex build with a rapier/spear, which works really nice. For some tougher enemies I use my shortbow. It's still not upgraded because I keep hoping to find/buy a better one. Did I miss a vendor or something?

Noob Fu

This game is EPIC!! So much bigger than the other 2. I was exploring a level I already beat and went to the boss room to go past (again already beat it) and another boss I beat from way back popped up. Wont spoil who and where but it was epic. He was harder as well. So damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom