• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the best place to go after beating the first boss? i feel like i'm kinda struggling in all the new areas i find. though that may be because i decided to dual wield my way through the game lol

ignata

Got some weapon questions:

1. I've decided I really love the greatsword-class moveset. I've been 2-handing a Bastard Sword +5 for a while now (should have been +10 but I spread my large shards too thin >_<) and it's working out great. I know there's probably better greatswords though, but can't figure out which ones are going to be the best. Equip weight is also a huge issue. Bastard Sword only weighs 6 pounds which is good for me - I like to keep my equip load under 70% for the non-fat roll. Any suggestions?

This will not help you whatsoever, but I just want to pout that I've been on a low-level Bastard Sword for most of my game because in 30-some hours I have found only two large titanite shards. I don't know how many chunks and slabs I have found. I probably have enough of those to just keep leveling up that sword once I find that one more large titanite shard that I need. I really hope the level after that one isn't three or four large titanite shards or else I'm screwed for committing to that weapon.

That's my only rant. This game is wonderful.

Maybesew

what's the best place to go after beating the first boss? i feel like i'm kinda struggling in all the new areas i find. though that may be because i decided to dual wield my way through the game lol

There are 4 (that I'm aware of) bosses that you can do first, so can you be more specific?

Jagxyz

What chunks? Titanite?
2an4d.png

Yup, for everyone you successfully invade you get 1 titanite chunk.

(you'll be constantly invading fyi)

This will not help you whatsoever, but I just want to pout that I've been on a low-level Bastard Sword for most of my game because in 30-some hours I have found only two large titanite shards. I don't know how many chunks and slabs I have found. I probably have enough of those to just keep leveling up that sword once I find that one more large titanite shard that I need. I really hope the level after that one isn't three or four large titanite shards or else I'm screwed for committing to that weapon.

That's my only rant. This game is wonderful.

Should be a chest with three large shards in
McDuff's workshop (Lost Bastille).

Quikies83

Alright jolly co-opers!! Anyone on PS3 around SL62 -- I need help at the Iron Keep. Been fighting this boss for over a day now. I've beat him 4 times while others have summoned me but... I can't beat him.. Down to 3 effigy.
Anybody??

PSN: Notsureifsiris

Just beat the boss of Sinner's Rise. Used a Pharos stone to unlock the way to the Belltower. Is that where I am supposed to go next? Because the boss scares me.

dalVlatko

I can't even beat
The Last Giant
, at level 13, how fucked am I? Is there anywhere else I can go? Or do I have to keep pushing to beat him, I've used all my life gems and effegies to turn human and summon people, trying to beat him.

He's a minor boss too, right?

You should try to change your approach if you can't beat him.

If you are trying to stay in front and block his attacks, try rolling between his legs and taking a swing at his legs before he tries to stomp on you. Rolling is much more effective than blocking as it gets you in position to attack as well as makes you invincible to attacks.

deadeye

I'm having so much fun with the rat king's covenant right now. Maybe, too much fun lol. I've already upgraded it to +1.

Fav moment: Someone messaged me as soon as they entered and asked, "Why am I here?" I replied back with "To die!!" LOL. What's even worse was before I killed him, I poisoned him and hit him with about 6 corrosive urns, so some of his gear had to break. He died a slow agonizing death. I know if that was me, I would have been pissed, but it wasn't and it's so enjoyable. Especially, since the game is new, I know some folks have no idea what's happening.

I had to change my gear to fit the look of the area. I hope you guys are having as much fun as me, lol.

Quikies83

You should try to change your approach if you can't beat him.

If you are trying to stay in front and block his attacks, try rolling between his legs and taking a swing at his legs before he tries to stomp on you. Rolling is much more effective than blocking as it gets you in position to attack as well as makes you invincible to attacks.

I've got his moveset down, i feel. I tend to stay on his back and his jump attack and heat pulse never hit me.. At this point it has to just be mental.
Any gaffer wanna help me?

Realyn

I'm SL70 and
"I'm currently at the poison villa and have 1 boss soul allready
. I'm using a dex build with a rapier/spear, which works really nice. For some tougher enemies I use my shortbow. It's still not upgraded because I keep hoping to find/buy a better one. Did I miss a vendor or something?

Is there a bonfire in No Man's Wharf? I'm out of Effigy's and I can barely make it to the boss without wasting all my Estus because of my low health and impatience. I found a shortcut but it's not short enough. :/

Just had a PvP experience, I'm playing as a sorcerer. Dude pretty much easily dodged every spell I tried to cast with ease. Casting is super slow, or at least at my level. I'm wondering if sorcery isn't the way to go for PvP or if my spells are just terrible currently?

Just had a PvP experience, I'm playing as a sorcerer. Dude pretty much easily dodged every spell I tried to cast with ease. Casting is super slow, or at least at my level. I'm wondering if sorcery isn't the way to go for PvP or if my spells are just terrible currently?

I invaded a caster yesterday and this is pretty much how it went. I was able to roll through his projectiles with no problem and get in on him.

Maybesew

I believe adaptability speeds up spell casting.

Dresden

It's always been like this for sorcery in pvp. You'll never hit anyone halfway competent with stuff like soul arrow.

Mana Sin

Iron Keep question:
How do you walk on that patch of burning lava stuff next to the first bonfire? I'm primarily here to try and find the Old Ember, but shiny items beckon me.

Is there a bonfire in No Man's Wharf? I'm out of Effigy's and I can barely make it to the boss without wasting all my Estus because of my low health and impatience. I found a shortcut but it's not short enough. :/

Nope. I had to clear a large portion of the area out to feel safe before challenging the boss.

Realyn

Really? Seems like that would be difficult in this level. I'll try running straight to the fog door.

Yeah it's really easy. You got the first part down right? You should get to the ship without any problems if you
have lit the light or opened the shortcut
. The ship
is only hard because you get zerged. The room above the fog gate only has 2 enemies tho. Just run past them into the fog gate

iuuk

This strange thing happened to me the first time in the well in majula by the way, after
the first bonfire, I randomly started invading another world as a shade, without any summonrings equiped. I beat him after some lag teleported me to his back and I got two backstabs in, so either my game got laggy all on its own or it definitely wasn't an NPC summon. Do you draw people to you with the rat covenant, rather than the other way around?
. At first I thought this might have been supposed to happen, but it didn't happen to some other people I know.

Does anyone know what that was?

ironcreed

Banned
Jesus Christ, fuck this
Chariot with mobs of skeletons. Every time I take cover from the chariot, they corner me and I can't even move. I can sometimes kill the magic guys resurrecting them and drop the gate, but there are always a few left chasing me when I get ready to take on the boss and I just get mobbed.
Seriously, holy shit. I need to chill for a minute.

Virdix

First NeoGAF post! Just in time to be apart of the Dark Souls 2 OT too!

Area and armor spoilers
Just beat Earthen Valley and trying to make it through the Iron Keep my Fire Longsword +7 isnt cutting it, so I'm leveling Alonne armor for fire resist and a Royal Greatsword, hoping to move farther tonight.

Hopefully I didn't mess up the spoiler

I'd like to play some co-op, but my White Soapstone is greyed out. I am at the boss entrance area of The Last Giant. Any ideas why I couldn't put it down?

Sakura

Jesus Christ, fuck this
Chariot with mobs of skeletons. Every time I take cover from the chariot, they corner me and I can't even move. I can sometimes kill the magic guys resurrecting them and drop the gate, but there are always a few left chasing me when I get ready to take on the boss and I just get mobbed.
Seriously, holy shit. I need to chill for a minute.

I just
sit in the little alcoves with my shield up not allowing the skeletons to get in with me. They get hit by the chariot and fall down. While they are down, I just book it to a mage, kill him, and keep doing this till the mages are dead (only 2 I think). Then you can finish off the skeletons or let the chariot kill them.

I'd like to play some co-op, but my White Soapstone is greyed out. I am at the boss entrance area of The Last Giant. Any ideas why I couldn't put it down?
Are you online? Also I think I heard if you were in the champions covenant you can't do it or something?

Lost Sinner
down. Dude was a piece of cake compared to the gauntlet of enemies leading up to him. I've heard there's a gimmick there and I'm guessing it has something to do with
torches or lighting sconces to increase your lock-on distance
. Imagine how amazing that fight would be if From kept the game's original lighting and you were fighting him in a pitch-black room...

Also!

Where in the hell is the second blacksmith? I've searched every inch of
the Lost Bastille
and I didn't find shit. There's a petrified wizard-looking dude but there's no way that's him, right? BTW, what services does he offer? Want to know if I should de-petrify him or the lady holding the lever in Majula. I hate that I have to ask, I'd rather just figure it out myself, but I resigned myself long ago to the fact that no one's going to be able to discover everything on their own.

ironcreed

Banned
I just
sit in the little alcoves with my shield up not allowing the skeletons to get in with me. They get hit by the chariot and fall down. While they are down, I just book it to a mage, kill him, and keep doing this till the mages are dead (only 2 I think). Then you can finish off the skeletons or let the chariot kill them.

Yeah, that is kinda my strategy, but it is not working out so well, lol. I just have to keep at it and I'll get it as usual. I really can't stand being mobbed in tight spaces while trying to accomplish a bigger goal. That shit irritates the hell out of me.

Sakura

Where in the hell is the second blacksmith? I've searched every inch of
the Lost Bastille
and I didn't find shit. There's a petrified wizard-looking dude but there's no way that's him, right? BTW, what services does he offer? Want to know if I should de-petrify him or the lady holding the lever in Majula. I hate that I have to ask, I'd rather just figure it out myself, but I resigned myself long ago to the fact that no one's going to be able to discover everything on their own.

Second blacksmith is near the 3 sentry boss. If you continue down the path instead of going to the boss, he is down there. The petrified guy offers you gear for boss souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom