• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

got to blood gulch...walked about 10 feet.....

Jake-Gyllenhaal-shaking-head.gif

time for a break...that shit ain't worth it right now

ironcreed

Banned
Ah, Executioner's Chariot down. The feeling of dominating something that was kicking your ass in these games is simply unmatched. It's also amazing how just taking a break and calming down for a few minutes can refocus you.

Nose Master

There anything to do in
Doors of Pharos
besides troll people with the rat ring?
The boss is dead, and there wasn't really any noteworthy loot in that place. Seems to be a dead end.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I finally get to start this. I'm choosing a gift. Recommendations? I'd like to go in relatively blind, but I also don't want to miss something that can't be gotten later.

How rare are petrified dragon bones? I want to upgrade my
dragonslayer spear
but it's terrible atm so I don't want to waste a material that there's a finite amount of.

i got right down into the Gutter kinda earlier I think. I can see shit in there. I was going to bring a torch but I rolled through some water on the way and it went out.
I'm guessing by the rickety wooden platforms on the way and the mosquito's at the entrance that I'm about to enter Blightown 2.0/Valley of Defilement 3.0

Edit: Getting down there was pretty easy too. Nothing but some precarious falls and rats in the way.

isual

Yeah I must know this as well. It must be a ring like the one in dark souls that allows you to walk on lava. Just can't find it.

Iron Keep question:
How do you walk on that patch of burning lava stuff next to the first bonfire? I'm primarily here to try and find the Old Ember, but shiny items beckon me.

there is none. You have to find how to minimize damage yourself.

SL 140, 50 hours in, at the castle of eternal rain.

Owzers

I'm having a very hard time right now as a sorcerer, there's just so many enemies early on in the
Forest of Giants
I'm at the second bonfire there and was killing things until i ran out of soul bolts and died before i could find the third bonfire, which seemed really far away. I also can't use any weapon but my dagger outside of the staff...

any tips? I'm stuck as a hollow with half health, i haven't seen any bosses so far to try to help someone as a hollow like Dark Souls offered. What is the first boss i'm supposed to be able to tackle at lvl 15? And does using the Soul Vessel let me respec all my levels or just from sorcerer onwards, i want to keep all my junk but be a warrior-ish skill set.

XP eep.

creyas

This game. Started off with a 7 hour session, have to go sleep now. Framerate was quite jarring at first (PS3), but got used to it as expected, doesn't bother me at all anymore. Started as Knight, using sword + shield, only seriously pumped points into utility stats so far. Lvl 51 or something like that. So good. Progress:
FotG, Lost Bastille, ran to No Man's Dwarf, cleared it but was dry so didn't take a shot at the boss. First thing tomorrow. Haven't died after getting ballistaed at Pursuer.

d00d3n

There really is something to playing these games before every surprise has been spoiled in faqs and walkthroughs. I loved being schooled in the tutorial area
by the hidden second troll who charges you from a weird angle when you think there is just one

By the way, how low can your health go by being hollowed out?

125 and I'm at the second one. I've been invaded 4 times.
Edit: yes I have that ring equipped I just want some chunks T_T

Yeah, your SL might be too high for that area. I was SL60 and was invading like crazy.

I'm also having trouble with getting summoned at the Lost sinner. Had a error earlier when trying to sign in, but signed in okay after I tried again.

Post giant souls spoilers:
This castle is fucking horrible :/ Ugly, no lighting anywhere, and traps/enemy placement purely designed to be a nuisance.

jns

Hey guys, when I start the game its offline and tge option to go online is grayed out. Im in aus if anyone can help

phierce

I just got invaded for the first time right after I put points in DEX to wield the Drangleic Sword. Yeah, didn't go too well for the phantom, but that was fun for me!

Anyone else having trouble pulling off Bash (Forward + R1) and Jump Attack's (Forward + R2) consistently? It seems like the controls for this are much less forgiving than DeS and DS1 and I have a hard time pulling them off for some reason so I'm not using them as much as I would like.

Brohan

1/1 executioners chariot! Solo too :), soul level 64.

Was surprised by the boss fight after all those Tough mobs and a shade.

Realyn

Just started

Which magic base class should I start with (Cleric or Sorcerer) and what should my stat spread look like?

Do you know how Classes work in the Dark Souls series?

The starting class doesn't really matter. It's only what you start with.Everyone can skill into everything.

Cleric uses miracles and needs to put points into faith. Miracles are stuff like heal and so on.
Sorcerer uses Spells and needs to put points intelligence. He's the the typical arcane mage. Shooting missiles and stuff.

emb

I've been trying to figure things out on my own, but I've been aimless for the past couple sessions and I'm sort of tired of running around. Can someone point me in the right direction? (mid-late game spoilers I'm guessing)

I just killed the Lost Sinner. After that I got an item to un-petrify, so I used it to get into the forest. Every path there seems like a dead end. One way says 'seek out mightier souls', one says 'produce the symbol of the king', and the other (the shaded ruins) just doesn't seem to lead anywhere. I've rexplored the other areas, and haven't found anything useful. I beat a few seemingly optional bosses too (pursuer, dragonslayer, gargoyles), but none seemed to open a new path.

Unrelated additional question about NPCs:

Do NPCs you find in the world ever appear in Majula? I've talk to a few (the last of which (the pyromancer lady who asks for clothes) even told me she was going to Majula). When I go back, they aren't where I found them. But I can't find them in Majula either.

Realyn

I've been trying to figure things out on my own, but I've been aimless for the past couple sessions and I'm sort of tired of running around. Can someone point me in the right direction? (mid-late game spoilers I'm guessing)

I just killed the Lost Sinner. After that I got an item to un-petrify, so I used it to get into the forest. Every path there seems like a dead end. One way says 'seek out mightier souls', one says 'produce the symbol of the king', and the other (the shaded ruins) just doesn't seem to lead anywhere. I've rexplored the other areas, and haven't found anything useful. I beat a few seemingly optional bosses too (pursuer, dragonslayer, gargoyles), but none seemed to open a new path.

I've been in the exact same spot yesterday.

Either you buy the cat ring and drop into the hole or walk into the crypt leading to Heidi's Tower. If you talked to the chick from the Heidi's Tower 4 times you'll find her in the crypt. She opens a new path

emb

I've been in the exact same spot yesterday.

Either you buy the cat ring and drop into the hole or walk into the crypt leading to Heidi's Tower. If you talked to the chick from the Heidi's Tower 4 times you'll find her in the crypt. She opens a new path

Thank you! I actually thought about doing that first one, but
I didn't think it would be enough to survive, and didn't really think it would lead anywhere
. Off to try it shortly! I even tried
buying the other ring from her and talking to that scorpion guy in the ruins
, with no luck.

PK Gaming

Do you know how Classes work in the Dark Souls series?

The starting class doesn't really matter. It's only what you start with.Everyone can skill into everything.

Cleric uses miracles and needs to put points into faith. Miracles are stuff like heal and so on.
Sorcerer uses Spells and needs to put points intelligence. He's the the typical arcane mage. Shooting missiles and stuff.

Gotcha

I plan on going with Sorcerer, so will tons of INT and FAITH suffice? Will I need to invest in Endurance and Adaptability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom